Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

The Derminator
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:03 am      Reply with quote
wrinklefreeforever wrote:
Immacolata you are a wealth of info. I'll give it a try. So anything over 1mm is a medical roll correct? Meaning, I can do a .5mm roll every other day if I want for cosmetic absorption of the serums?

I've read differing opinions on this. I would go by what Sylvia said - Dr. Setterfield is pretty much the dermarolling expert of all time. Smile Also, Sarah Vaughter has pretty much everything you ever wanted to know about dermarolling on the owndoc site.

As far as I know, you can do a .5mm roll every other day.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:50 am      Reply with quote
Just wanted to mention that it took about a week for mine to arrive (to NJ), and it was shipped from Czech Republic.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:39 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Ladies

I may do .5 then twice a week and see how that goes. I wanted to mention as well that my upper lip peeled, which made me happy. It felt like something was accomplished. I need to buy a box of needles from OwnDocs right away. How often would you advise to toss the needles?

I really believe this is going to work, just wish it happened sooner.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:36 am      Reply with quote
wrinklefreeforever wrote:
Thanks Ladies

I may do .5 then twice a week and see how that goes. I wanted to mention as well that my upper lip peeled, which made me happy. It felt like something was accomplished. I need to buy a box of needles from OwnDocs right away. How often would you advise to toss the needles?

I really believe this is going to work, just wish it happened sooner.

I think that really depends on how long you roll with them, how thick your skin is - there are a few variables here. I've used the same single needle twice and twice for a 9 needle before I put in a new one, and I really didn't need to change it yet. I'm only rolling once a month so it's not like I need a lot of needles, although I might step that up a bit. Anyway, I'm sure I could have gotten at least one more roll from a cartridge. You'll know if it's getting dull because it will hurt more than usual.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
I used the 9 needle cartridge on my entire face, neck, chest, biceps, and thighs. So that would probably count as 5 faces I guess Smile I am not sure how to tell if it's dull!! Grrrr.
CPHgirl
5% products discount

Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:33 am      Reply with quote
Last night I pulled out my single neeedle and my roller and did a bit on my forehead lines and hyperpigmentation after a very long hiatus.
In the midst of it, I remembered the derminator, that was just starting to be commented upon the last time, I was in here.
After the mangling of my skin was done, I went in here, read your comments, and now I have placed an order. Hope it's worth it.
And that I don't overspend on my vacation Wink
Needl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:24 am      Reply with quote
Right, that did it! After another excruciating, slow session with single needle, stamps and roller, I ordered the Derminator. I've had good results overall with manual needling, but need to do it more often and more thoroughly, and the pain factor was holding me back. I hope to report good results over the next months. I seem to be just entering menopause though, so there is another confounding factor! Sad
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
CPHgirl wrote:
Last night I pulled out my single neeedle and my roller and did a bit on my forehead lines and hyperpigmentation after a very long hiatus.
In the midst of it, I remembered the derminator, that was just starting to be commented upon the last time, I was in here.
After the mangling of my skin was done, I went in here, read your comments, and now I have placed an order. Hope it's worth it.
And that I don't overspend on my vacation Wink

Needl wrote:
Right, that did it! After another excruciating, slow session with single needle, stamps and roller, I ordered the Derminator. I've had good results overall with manual needling, but need to do it more often and more thoroughly, and the pain factor was holding me back. I hope to report good results over the next months. I seem to be just entering menopause though, so there is another confounding factor! Sad

Welcome to the Derminator Club, ladies! LOL

5% products discount

Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:47 am      Reply with quote
Hi all Derminator users,I've been following this thread for a while and recently bought the Derminator. I haven't used it yet as I am a bit scared of it but I will get to it very soon. I downloaded the instructions off the Owndoc website which advises a fair bit of preparation such as using Vit C for a few days before so I will make up some and use it. I am not too sure about what to use to clean the skin before using the Derminator or what and how to sterilise the cartridge afterwards. I have bought some isopropyl rubbing alcohol 70% from Amazon,will this do both jobs? And how long do I soak cartridge to clean and sterilise it,I think I read 30 mins.
Any advise from experienced users is greatly appreciated and I will report back on how I get on with it. Also Thank You to all of you for your advise and tips on this and other products you are all so generous with your advice and tip sharing.
Oldfield
5% products discount

Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:40 am      Reply with quote
I'd buy one of these: www.ebay.de/itm/540-Needle-Skin-Roller-Anti-wrinkle-Aging-Dermaroller-Body-Slim-0-25-2-5mm-ETDS-/400899492121?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_77&var=&hash=item5d5778c919
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:38 am      Reply with quote
marber47 wrote:
Hi all Derminator users,I've been following this thread for a while and recently bought the Derminator. I haven't used it yet as I am a bit scared of it but I will get to it very soon. I downloaded the instructions off the Owndoc website which advises a fair bit of preparation such as using Vit C for a few days before so I will make up some and use it. I am not too sure about what to use to clean the skin before using the Derminator or what and how to sterilise the cartridge afterwards. I have bought some isopropyl rubbing alcohol 70% from Amazon,will this do both jobs? And how long do I soak cartridge to clean and sterilise it,I think I read 30 mins.
Any advise from experienced users is greatly appreciated and I will report back on how I get on with it. Also Thank You to all of you for your advise and tips on this and other products you are all so generous with your advice and tip sharing.

I wash my face with a sonic brush and let it dry, then apply my numbing cream and after an hour, I wipe off the cream and wipe the area with alcohol before using HA serum for glide. I bolded the word "alcohol" because that's the necessary step in whatever routine you use before dermarolling, (in my opinion of course, I'm not a doctor or aesthetician.)

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:39 am      Reply with quote
Oldfield wrote:
I'd buy one of these: www.ebay.de/itm/540-Needle-Skin-Roller-Anti-wrinkle-Aging-Dermaroller-Body-Slim-0-25-2-5mm-ETDS-/400899492121?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_77&var=&hash=item5d5778c919

Link didn't work for me.

5% products discount

Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:28 am      Reply with quote
I had no idea about all the issues with owndoc.com. A couple of weeks ago on a Sunday evening I decided to see if they had anything new. The Derminator! After seeing those pictures I really wanted one, but they were sold out. Said they had more coming on Monday. Since I get up early for work, I checked. And got one!
The second week I started looking forward to getting it, checking the mail with apprehension over getting my slip to pick it up at the post office. Even made plans to go in at lunch (work about 15 miles out of town) and pick it up. As luck would have it, on Friday I followed my husband while he had toys installed on his new truck (yes, we live in Texas), so he didn’t have to sit all day. I realized too late that I needed to get home to see if my package was in. Can you guess the rest? I got there late, the slip was there, and the PO would NOT wait for me to come get it. I would have to wait until the next morning.
These people just don’t understand. My sweet husband, feeling guilty, offered to be there at 9:00 a.m. to pick it up. My answer to his loving offer? That is 19 hours from now! What did I mean by that? When you roll, it takes time to heal and have redness subside. I wanted to look presentable by Sunday morning. We were wasting precious time! (It occurred to me later in the weekend that there might be some reviews here.)
I absolutely love this thing. I have my own personal jackhammer for my face. I looked like hamburger meat in places when I finished – intentionally. When I see that I heal during normal rolling, I’m disappointed I didn’t do more. So I gave it a run for the money. I had never used numbing cream before, but I put it on my lip and between the brows. Will leave it on longer next time. For the rest it was fine. One side of my face is more sensitive than the other but I was still able to stand it. I did all that I am listing below in a fraction of the time it would take to do manually. Actually, I rarely do it all because it takes so long. Less pain, less time, deeper penetration.
With 9 needles and high speed (seemed smoother than the others) I did my cheeks and lower face at 1.5. Nose 0.5. Forehead 1.0. Eyes between .25 and .05, 1.0 at the outer edges. Neck 0.5. Chest 1.5. Hands 1.0. Forearms 1.5. I went back with the single needle at 1.5 where I have some scarring from bad chemical peels. A stamp has been working there, filling them in. Then for the best part. I went crazy on my upper lip lines and 11’s. I looked like I got tangled up in a barbed wire fence where I used the single needle. I would have put Retin-A on, but I wanted to go to church and didn’t want to further inflame. I will do it next time.
I didn’t make it to church, but with a little makeup I look fine today. At lunch time I am starting to see a little red here and there. You know how you bake something and it puffs up and then falls later? I think that is what my lines will do. For now they are filled in enough that I can see what they will look like later. I know that will subside. Not swollen – just filled in.
The hard part for me will be waiting to get to do it again. I will do the parts with shallower needles again soon.
By the way, I just turned 60 in May. I am often told I don’t look my age. I am sometimes asked what I do to stay so young looking. I am so tempted to tell them that I jackhammer my face with needles (Derminator) and shoot electrical currents through it (Pico toner probes). Nah! I’ll just let them think I’m lucky.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:44 am      Reply with quote
Good for you! I haven't done a full face treatment yet, only around my mouth where the worst is. Next time I might do my cheeks as well. If I don't have to numb them then it won't be much more trouble than only doing my mouth.

5% products discount

Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:50 am      Reply with quote
I apologize for the lack of breaks in my last message. I copied it from Word and thought they would carry over.

Don't let me encourage you and then regret it. But it was much less painful than manual rolling. I just kept going round and round in little circles, and at full speed. By that night the redness except for the single needles had subsided.

When I put lipstick back on after lunch I realized my upper lip is peeling. Not my best look but it is temporary. I am so thrilled at how everything is looking.
dylan61

Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
HI, I used to use EMLA for professional treatments. It was about $100 for 2 ounces (tube). I just ordered a Derminator, but I have been using a .75 roller and 1.0 stamp on my above-the-lip lines. It hurts! So I bought two products from Walgreen's (both about $15) online...not sure if they are sold in the stores. I used one on my right side and the other on my left side. I used it over my eye's laugh lines and above my lip. One product is called L-M-X and the other Numb Nuts; both 4% lidocaine, and both tubes are .5 ounces. Both were on for 30 minutes, and I did not use saran wrap to make it penetrate more. Both were as good as I remember EMLA, but there was something in Numb Nuts that gave a tingly sensation, and that seemed to distract from sensation from the needling. I could do the rolling or stamping and felt nothing, even over my lip. I think I will use Saran Wrap before I use the Derminator, as that is what my doctor used. Good luck!
junerosemac
5% products discount

Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:49 am      Reply with quote
Why no more posts after on Derminator after October 2014
junerosemac
5% products discount

Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:50 am      Reply with quote
My mistake, just me not scrolling properly, ignore me
CPHgirl
5% products discount

Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
My derminator is here! Actually I got the notice to get it at the post office 5 days after I ordered, but I was leaving on vacation so didn't have the time to pick it up before yesterday.

I really would like to try it out, but since Friday is the optimal day in order to give my face some time to recover and since I haven't used my vit-A and C during my week in the Swedish wilderness, I will have to be patient. Ugh. Rolling Eyes
junerosemac
5% products discount

Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:01 am      Reply with quote
Grammalow, you made me laugh
I've not plucked up the courage to buy the Derminator yet, but I'm sure I will pretty soon. Thanks to everyone for such full and interested reviews and comments.
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
I still have not received my Derminator! I ordered on 5/28. It was shipped on 6/3, and lost by USPS. Owndoc did an inquiry and USPS found it. Then, it was supposed to be delivered today but USPS logged into the tracking status that they attempted delivery. Um, no they did not! I was home the whole time. The lazy postal worker didn't want to drive up my driveway. Ugh! Owndoc has been helpful. They issued a 25% refund for me writing a letter to the postmaster general, which I didn't mind anyway. Now it's supposed to be delivered Monday. Keeping my fingers crossed!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:
I still have not received my Derminator! I ordered on 5/28. It was shipped on 6/3, and lost by USPS. Owndoc did an inquiry and USPS found it. Then, it was supposed to be delivered today but USPS logged into the tracking status that they attempted delivery. Um, no they did not! I was home the whole time. The lazy postal worker didn't want to drive up my driveway. Ugh! Owndoc has been helpful. They issued a 25% refund for me writing a letter to the postmaster general, which I didn't mind anyway. Now it's supposed to be delivered Monday. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Your mailman sounds like mine. He puts the key to the package locker in my neighbor's box instead of mine all the time.

5% products discount

Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:45 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, junerosemac! I wasn't feeling too funny when I saw my face for a day or two. But now I can't wait to do it again.

I was right about the lines. When the swelling went down, they looked worse, but better than before. They are thinner, and filled in more.

I tried it again on my eyes at .25, and geez it hurt. I thought maybe before it was just relative, it just hurt less than the 1.5 on the rest of my face. Then I remembered I used numbing cream on my eyes before. I used a .5 on my neck again, and used the single needle in the horizontal lines. They stayed red for a long time.

I have two general tips. 1) find what is causing your lip lines. I don't smoke or drink out of straws so I shouldn't have them. I stopped doing exercises that seemed to cause them. I have now discovered that swishing mouthwash too hard shows every little line, so that must be another culprit. I'm trying to find a better way. I see some women pursing their lips, and you can see those lines forming. Stinking men. I used to think shaving saved them, but men with mustaches don't have lip lines. They just have thicker skin. 2) try to stop scowling. This is HARD. But I am reminded every time I see other people do it. There are young women at work forming lines because they scowl whenever they talk. My worst time is sleeping. I have found some moon shaped patches at Amazon (with little holes in them) that I sleep in. When I wear them consistently (like reverse overlapping parentheses between my eyes) the muscle starts relaxing and the whole area looks plumper.

I'm going to get what's left with the Derminator!
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:18 am      Reply with quote
Grammalow wrote:
I have found some moon shaped patches at Amazon (with little holes in them) that I sleep in. When I wear them consistently (like reverse overlapping parentheses between my eyes) the muscle starts relaxing and the whole area looks plumper.

Can you please give a link?Smile Thanks!
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:27 am      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
Grammalow wrote:
I have found some moon shaped patches at Amazon (with little holes in them) that I sleep in. When I wear them consistently (like reverse overlapping parentheses between my eyes) the muscle starts relaxing and the whole area looks plumper.

Can you please give a link?Smile Thanks!

Hitece Anti Aging Crystal 24K Gold Powder Gel Collagen Eye Masks Sheet Patch (10 Pairs) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H1OI5XC/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_p87PvbZTH2HXV

Or

2 Pack 30 Sheets Purederm Collagen Eye Zone Pad Patches Mask Wrinkle Care https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CTQ0EUY/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_297PvbRJE3R5J

Or

MyM® Collagen Crystal Eyes Mask Full Covered for Lift, Firm, Anti-wrinkle, Dark Circle and Eyes Bag. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F7SOGIW/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_X.7Pvb6HXZWVV

Maybe this is what they're talking about?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |