Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
The Derminator
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
wrinklefreeforever
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
Needl wrote:
OK, mine arrived in NZ pretty quickly and works with NZ power (Australian power Derminator).

It really is utterly amazing after going through all the pain of rolling, stamping and single needling: it really barely hurt, more like a very firm massage machine. A few areas in the face were closer to pain, but nothing like what I've put myself through.

I can see myself now needling more often, and covering bigger areas.

However, I'm hiding indoors today, looking rather battered with pink. Shows it works Smile.

I need to work on single-needle cartridge precision: one can't see the needle and the surrounding area immediately gets pink. Do any of you mark the exact centre of the cartridge to know where the needle is?

Now what to do with all the spare rollers and stamps?

I did the single need for the first time a few days ago. I was able to get in the line however, it hurt so much more than the 9 cartridge and also left a deeper red line. In fact still waiting for it to fade. It is not red, but it seems to have made the line deeper. Eeek. Did that happen to you?
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
wrinklefreeforever wrote:
Immacolata wrote:
I was just looking closely in the mirror and am happy to report a definite, visible improvement in my smoker's lines. They are much more shallow and shorter. I've done 5 treatments, spaced about a month apart, and am due for another, so it's been six months.

Be patient - this thing really works!

That's so great to hear Immacolata! I am on my third session so going to keep it up. I made my first vitamin C serum. It's been in the fridge for 4 days. How do I tell if it's still good.

Also, has anyone had their derminator pop the magnet out. It came flying out and i can put it back in and the machine works, but when it put it away the magnet falls out which it didn't before. Any ideas?

I would make fresh if you've just needled. I usually make enough to last for just a couple of days. It's so cheap you won't be wasting any money to speak of.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
Needl wrote:
OK, mine arrived in NZ pretty quickly and works with NZ power (Australian power Derminator).

It really is utterly amazing after going through all the pain of rolling, stamping and single needling: it really barely hurt, more like a very firm massage machine. A few areas in the face were closer to pain, but nothing like what I've put myself through.

I can see myself now needling more often, and covering bigger areas.

However, I'm hiding indoors today, looking rather battered with pink. Shows it works Smile.

I need to work on single-needle cartridge precision: one can't see the needle and the surrounding area immediately gets pink. Do any of you mark the exact centre of the cartridge to know where the needle is?

Now what to do with all the spare rollers and stamps?

I put on my reading glasses when doing the single needle. You could try that, or try using a magnifying mirror. They're fairly cheap and give you a much better view of a line.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Wrinklefreeforever

I don't know the longer term results yet - just did it yesterday. I tried getting both 1 needle and 9 needles into specific lines (wrists and parenthesis lines). I've had great results with single needling parenthesis and perioral lines just with a sewing needle, but it was too painful. My wrist wrinkles are extremely stubborn to manual single needling, maybe due to constant reinforcement by necessary movements. So I'd be thrilled to get improvement from the derminator.
wrinklefreeforever
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
Immacolata wrote:
Immacolata how do you make your homemade vitamin c and hyaluronic acid serums? Also, can you make your own vitamin A serum as well?

Vitamin C:

1/4 tsp. Vitamin C (LAA)
1/4 tsp. propylene glycol
2 tsp. distilled water

Keep in fridge - this is more than enough for a few days but use it lavishly as it does not contain a preservative.

For the HA serum, I put distilled water in a shot glass, put about 1/4 tsp. of HA on top of it, cover it with plastic wrap and put it in the fridge. It's good to go in a few hours. Again, make it on the same day that you needle and use it up quickly as there is no preservative.

I don't know about vitamin A serum, but look in the DIY section for recipes - there are a ton of them for everything under the sun. I'm sure there's a vitamin A serum in there somewhere! Smile

Immacolata is your vitamin c recipe a 5% recipe? Also, for the HA, what would you estimate the amount of water is to the 1/4tsp is, and what percentage would that make. And last, I got the preservative but not sure how much to add. You seem to know a lot. Hope you don't mind all the questions.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
Immacolata wrote:
Immacolata how do you make your homemade vitamin c and hyaluronic acid serums? Also, can you make your own vitamin A serum as well?

Vitamin C:

1/4 tsp. Vitamin C (LAA)
2 tsp. distilled water

Keep in fridge - this is more than enough for a few days but use it lavishly as it does not contain a preservative.

For the HA serum, I put distilled water in a shot glass, put about 1/4 tsp. of HA on top of it, cover it with plastic wrap and put it in the fridge. It's good to go in a few hours. Again, make it on the same day that you needle and use it up quickly as there is no preservative.

I don't know about vitamin A serum, but look in the DIY section for recipes - there are a ton of them for everything under the sun. I'm sure there's a vitamin A serum in there somewhere! Smile

Immacolata is your vitamin c recipe a 5% recipe? Also, for the HA, what would you estimate the amount of water is to the 1/4tsp is, and what percentage would that make. And last, I got the preservative but not sure how much to add. You seem to know a lot. Hope you don't mind all the questions.

No problem. My recipe is a 10% recipe. And I don't really measure the amount of water in the HA, but I use a shot glass, which is 1 1/2 oz., and fill it about 2/3 full. So I would say use 1 oz., which would be about 2 tablespoons of water.

For the preservative, I don't really remember what I did. I think I put maybe 2 or 3 drops in a 2 oz bottle of serum. You don't want to use too much. Recommended percentage is .1 - .5%. So if you had 20 drops of serum, you would want to put, at the most, one drop of preservative. There are about 100 drops to a teaspoon, so you can get a general idea of how much to add.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
Immacolata wrote:
Immacolata wrote:

Vitamin C:

1/4 tsp. Vitamin C (LAA)
2 tsp. distilled water

No problem. My recipe is a 10% recipe. And I don't really measure the amount of water in the HA, but I use a shot glass, which is 1 1/2 oz., and fill it about 2/3 full. So I would say use 1 oz., which would be about 2 tablespoons of water.

For the preservative, I don't really remember what I did. I think I put maybe 2 or 3 drops in a 2 oz bottle of serum. You don't want to use too much. Recommended percentage is .1 - .5%. So if you had 20 drops of serum, you would want to put, at the most, one drop of preservative. There are about 100 drops to a teaspoon, so you can get a general idea of how much to add.

Thanks so much!! I added the germaben preservative to the vit c serum so it lasts longer. As for the HA, I used half the 1oz bottle with like a tablespoon of water. Didn't make too much gel so I thought I did it wrong because I am figuring that won't last too long.How do you make yours last longer?
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
I just fill the shot glass with cold water and put the HA powder on top. I don't try to stir it or anything. I just put plastic wrap over it and put it in the fridge for a few hours (usually overnight).

With the vitamin C, you still want to make it fresh fairly often because the C will oxidize with time. It won't be harmful but it won't be helpful in that state either.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:43 am      Reply with quote
Immacolata wrote:
I just fill the shot glass with cold water and put the HA powder on top. I don't try to stir it or anything. I just put plastic wrap over it and put it in the fridge for a few hours (usually overnight).

With the vitamin C, you still want to make it fresh fairly often because the C will oxidize with time. It won't be harmful but it won't be helpful in that state either.

How much HA do you use in the shot glass and also how long does it last you?
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
I put in a heaping 1/4 tsp. It lasts a long time because I put preservative in it, and I only use it when I roll. Although I am going to try an HA-based C serum too, that I will probably use every day.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:18 am      Reply with quote
Immacolata wrote:
I put in a heaping 1/4 tsp. It lasts a long time because I put preservative in it, and I only use it when I roll. Although I am going to try an HA-based C serum too, that I will probably use every day.

Thanks again. You're a wealth of information. I am using the HA everyday so now I am just needing to think if it's worth it. I will try your recipe tonight. Very Happy Very Happy
junerosemac
5% products discount

Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:36 am      Reply with quote
I've done it, had a trial with my new Derminator, was scared stupid, but it actually was far easier and less painful than I imagined. Not got as far as my face but I plan to do a small section, my cheeks, on Friday as I have a long weekend with nothing doing. I trialed on my inner arms, and although the reddening was intense, and seemed to get worse the later in the evening it got, then it was scarlet, but by morning it was all about gone. So I'm happy about that and it has given me the confidence to progress. Thanks for all your posts, it is your posts that gave me the courage to try this. You especially Grammalow
Grammalow
5% products discount

Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:31 am      Reply with quote
Oh my goodness, you are quite welcome! I am so grateful to people who have shared what they know here. I am glad I helped someone else.

Because of activities and family plans, I missed my next scheduled 1.5 roll, and it has been difficult to find another time. In the meantime, I did two .5 rolls over most of my face, with .25 on my forehead. It seems to really get marked. I also did single needles in my lines. I did my neck, too, and the horizontal lines really responded well to the single needles. On a whim, I did the whole end of my nose with a single needle on .5. It got really pink, but seemed smoother afterwards.

I hope to do another deeper roll this coming weekend. Last weekend I used numbing cream on my lip, eyes and forehead. I just left it on for about 45 minutes, no saran wrap, no nothing. I worked really well. My plan is to do the sides of my face, too, and go 1.75 there. If I do that when I have time, then go lighter when I don't, maybe I can keep results coming.

Here is the numbing cream I got from Amazon. I just chose the one with the most good reviews, and I think it had the highest percentage of lidocaine. This link says 3 bottles, but I just bought 1. It was $20. Small bottle but I will have it forever.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00O133T00?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
Grammalow wrote:
Oh my goodness, you are quite welcome! I am so grateful to people who have shared what they know here. I am glad I helped someone else.

Because of activities and family plans, I missed my next scheduled 1.5 roll, and it has been difficult to find another time. In the meantime, I did two .5 rolls over most of my face, with .25 on my forehead. It seems to really get marked. I also did single needles in my lines. I did my neck, too, and the horizontal lines really responded well to the single needles. On a whim, I did the whole end of my nose with a single needle on .5. It got really pink, but seemed smoother afterwards.

I hope to do another deeper roll this coming weekend. Last weekend I used numbing cream on my lip, eyes and forehead. I just left it on for about 45 minutes, no saran wrap, no nothing. I worked really well. My plan is to do the sides of my face, too, and go 1.75 there. If I do that when I have time, then go lighter when I don't, maybe I can keep results coming.

Here is the numbing cream I got from Amazon. I just chose the one with the most good reviews, and I think it had the highest percentage of lidocaine. This link says 3 bottles, but I just bought 1. It was $20. Small bottle but I will have it forever.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00O133T00?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

I'm going to try my next one without the saran wrap. It's very uncomfortable!

5% products discount

Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:38 am      Reply with quote
I'm not sure it took the whole 45 minutes to work. I just happened to be watching the end of a movie with my grandson, so it was on that long before I could do anything else. But it was VERY good and numb.
Grammalow
5% products discount

Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
I numbed it all. I tried a 1.75 and didn't even feel it, so I went up to a 2.00. It barely felt like a .5. Here is the surprise. I don't even look as bad as I did the first time on a 1.5. I am only red where I really concentrated and also went back with a single needle. I have only used the machine three or four times, but I guess my skin has toughened up some.

Results will tell if I go deeper less often, or less deep more often.
junerosemac
5% products discount

Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:00 am      Reply with quote
I did my first needling on my face this morning, I used 1mm and started out on fast speed, but reduced to medium round my mouth. I numbed round my mouth with a 5% lidocaine cream, and it really worked. But I found it difficult doing small circles round my mouth, and ended up sort of stamping it, and trying to concentrate around my lip lines. Does anyone put anything on their face to lubricate while needling, or do you all do it dry. I wasn't sure, so did it dry, I was a bit scared as to what I could put on, with all those tiny holes being open. I have the copper peptide & hylauronic acid serum from Owndoc but not sure if it would be irritating to use while needling. But overall, I am massively relieved as this first venture into needling was way better than I expected, now I will keep on learning about it and get really skilled (I hope). Bad Grin
wrinklefreeforever
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:47 am      Reply with quote
junerosemac wrote:
I did my first needling on my face this morning, I used 1mm and started out on fast speed, but reduced to medium round my mouth. I numbed round my mouth with a 5% lidocaine cream, and it really worked. But I found it difficult doing small circles round my mouth, and ended up sort of stamping it, and trying to concentrate around my lip lines. Does anyone put anything on their face to lubricate while needling, or do you all do it dry. I wasn't sure, so did it dry, I was a bit scared as to what I could put on, with all those tiny holes being open. I have the copper peptide & hylauronic acid serum from Owndoc but not sure if it would be irritating to use while needling. But overall, I am massively relieved as this first venture into needling was way better than I expected, now I will keep on learning about it and get really skilled (I hope). Bad Grin

I use a vitamin c serum when I needle but some find that it stings. I believe the Owndoc hyaluronic acid serum should be okay to use. Let's see what others think. What brand of numbing cream did you use? I am looking for a good one. How long did you have to leave it on?
junerosemac
5% products discount

Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:42 am      Reply with quote
I used Numb Master which I got from Ebay, but it was quite expensive coming to the UK. I have since seen an EMLA 5% much cheaper from a UK company, so I will order that next time. But the NumbMaster worked fairly quickly, I would say after 20 to 30 minutes.
I did a 0.5 needling on fast today, but then also concentrated on my lip lines with a single needle after watching one of the videos online, so now i have a stripey upper lip. I'll keep at it, and it is very encouraging hearing others say of their success.
RoadMapped

Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
Ok I am a complete novice but know I need to single needle. I went to buy a single needle but see owndoc don't sell them anymore, so anyway I'm guessing the Derminator does the same job as a single needle?
I know this may seem like a dumb question - sorry but just had to check Very Happy

Can I still buy single needles from somewhere?

Thanks x
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
RoadMapped wrote:
Ok I am a complete novice but know I need to single needle. I went to buy a single needle but see owndoc don't sell them anymore, so anyway I'm guessing the Derminator does the same job as a single needle?
I know this may seem like a dumb question - sorry but just had to check Very Happy

Thanks x

I don't know that anyone except owndoc carried them, but I have heard of people using acupuncture needles. You can find them on ebay.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, sitting here with my face covered in Emla and several strips of plastic wrap that are tied behind my head. In about 30 minutes I'll do a full face with 1.5. I just hope nobody comes to the door! I look ridiculous! LOL

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
Finished! It didn't take long at all. This time HURT around my mouth. Now my face is red and shiny, and a little bit swollen because I don't see a single line! Wish it would stay that way...I'm impatient!

I would like to have a line-free mouth by Christmas. If I do, I'm wearing BRIGHT RED lipstick to the parties! LOL

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:42 am      Reply with quote
RoadMapped wrote:

Thanks x

Here are some acupuncture needles from ebay. I would get the .12, the smallest diameter.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Acupuncture-Needles-SEIRIN-J-Type-Diameter-0-12-0-14-0-16-Choice-/221247452150?var=&hash=item33836033f6

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
Still got my eyes on that Derminator! Once I can afford it's joining my arsenal.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |