Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



The Derminator
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Author Message
junerosemac
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 Jun 2015
Posts: 29
Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:57 am      Reply with quote
Back from my holiday to Turkey Cool and ready to start my Derminator again. After my last bout of hives and severe itching which lasted days, I thought I would stay with smaller needles for now and let my skin strengthen. So far I have done two 0.25 for product penetration, and one 0.5. I did not use the Copper Peptides this time, but instead used Hylauronic Acid powder mixed with Sea Kelp Coral base (from Active Formulas in UK) and this time everything has been fine. In a week or two I will graduate up, but I'm glad my skin has been OK. Incidentally, I am 68, so maybe I am wishing against the wind for improvement, it may be too late. I'm not expecting miracles, but just hoping for thicker skin and maybe stopping these lines getting any worse. I am only 2 months in, so it is too early to expect any real results.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 12 Jan 2012
Posts: 770
Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
junerosemac wrote:
Back from my holiday to Turkey Cool and ready to start my Derminator again. After my last bout of hives and severe itching which lasted days, I thought I would stay with smaller needles for now and let my skin strengthen. So far I have done two 0.25 for product penetration, and one 0.5. I did not use the Copper Peptides this time, but instead used Hylauronic Acid powder mixed with Sea Kelp Coral base (from Active Formulas in UK) and this time everything has been fine. In a week or two I will graduate up, but I'm glad my skin has been OK. Incidentally, I am 68, so maybe I am wishing against the wind for improvement, it may be too late. I'm not expecting miracles, but just hoping for thicker skin and maybe stopping these lines getting any worse. I am only 2 months in, so it is too early to expect any real results.


It's never too late! There is always room for improvement. Microneedling is one of the things that has been proven to work; the science behind it is sound. If I were you, I would leave out any serums or the like when you do anything above 1.0. For .25 or .5 it's fine to use products but I would leave them out for anything above 1.0, at least until the next day.

_________________
Derminator, phytoceramides, Retin-A, DIY Vitamin C serum, Ageless if You Dare and Pilates! Smile
junerosemac
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 Jun 2015
Posts: 29
Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:27 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Immacolata, I'll do that. Just for now I am sticking with 0.25 for my regular sessions, as I am taking things a bit slower. Thanks for the positivity, here's hoping.
junerosemac
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 Jun 2015
Posts: 29
Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:37 am      Reply with quote
Yesterday I did a 0.25 for product penetration, but I always notice that I get quite a lot of pinpoint bleeding with 0.25. Is this normal, because from bits I have read most people don't. Does this mean my skin is very thin? If so, then I suppose I should build up gently until my skin is thicker. What do others think?
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 11 Apr 2007
Posts: 2155
Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
junerosemac wrote:
Yesterday I did a 0.25 for product penetration, but I always notice that I get quite a lot of pinpoint bleeding with 0.25. Is this normal, because from bits I have read most people don't. Does this mean my skin is very thin? If so, then I suppose I should build up gently until my skin is thicker. What do others think?


I used to get pinpoint bleeding from the 0.25 Derminator needles but then my skin got used to it and now I only get those points with 0.5 mm.
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 02 Sep 2009
Posts: 595
Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
Although I haven't been using this on my face, my stretch marks are looking so much better. Even for the deep scars that I had from my tummy tuck a year and a half ago look so much better. Smile

I'm not sure if anyone's noticed but they now sell C-60 in Olive Oil and I bought a few bottles. Very interesting stuff here. When I go next year for my Mammogram, I am hoping my dense breast tissue is gone since C-60 gets good reviews for fighting against disease, cancer, as well as aging.

_________________
ReAura/Tria Face & Eye, Baby Quasar MD Plus, Derminator (age 4Cool
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 12 Jan 2012
Posts: 770
Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:
Although I haven't been using this on my face, my stretch marks are looking so much better. Even for the deep scars that I had from my tummy tuck a year and a half ago look so much better. Smile

I'm not sure if anyone's noticed but they now sell C-60 in Olive Oil and I bought a few bottles. Very interesting stuff here. When I go next year for my Mammogram, I am hoping my dense breast tissue is gone since C-60 gets good reviews for fighting against disease, cancer, as well as aging.


I noticed those some time ago. If you notice any positive changes, please post! I was waiting to hear more anecdotal evidence before I spent the money.

_________________
Derminator, phytoceramides, Retin-A, DIY Vitamin C serum, Ageless if You Dare and Pilates! Smile
rmc7
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 16 Sep 2010
Posts: 277
Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:20 am      Reply with quote
flipper wrote:
Rmc7, I saw your photos on Own Doc and I am blown away! What was your protocol over the past 6 months to get such dramatic results? How often did you use the Derminator and at what length? You mentioned anteage, but did you use anything else? You must be thrilled. If you keep it up your going to be 20 again before you know it. Lol.

OMG , I'm so sorry I didn't see your question nor did I get an email telling me it was here, but I've also had problems with my iPad. Anyway, prior to needling I continued with my RetinA and anteage , vit C and Fawnie's Vita Collagen Colostrum Cream. During the needling I would use Hyluronic acid , right after I used the AnteAge microneeding solution and my Led light. The following day I would resume Led lights the AnteAge serum , and moisturizer, followed by Fawnie's Vita Collagen Colostrum cream. I would continue doing that for 4 days. On the fifth day I used an enzyme peel followed by Fawnie's VCCCream again. On the 6 th day I would resume RetinA, VitC etc. about mid month I did a .5 microneeding followed by a TCA peel and LED. I also did the .25 microneeding weekly. I don't believe my results were an anomaly I just think I happened to record my results. I'll bet others who compair their results would see the same type of changes as far as clarity and line reduction go. But I will tell you this, and it's NOT a recommendation ( some may not have the elephant hide that I do) combining the TCA , Led , and Derminator gave me fast results.
Again I'm so sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.

_________________
Too numerous to mention!
rmc7
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 16 Sep 2010
Posts: 277
Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:22 am      Reply with quote
rmc7 wrote:
flipper wrote:
Rmc7, I saw your photos on Own Doc and I am blown away! What was your protocol over the past 6 months to get such dramatic results? How often did you use the Derminator and at what length? You mentioned anteage, but did you use anything else? You must be thrilled. If you keep it up your going to be 20 again before you know it. Lol.

OMG , I'm so sorry I didn't see your question nor did I get an email telling me it was here, but I've also had problems with my iPad. Anyway, prior to needling I continued with my RetinA and anteage , vit C and Fawnie's Vita Collagen Colostrum Cream. During the needling( the monthly one 1. To 1.5 .25 around my eyes )I would use Hyluronic acid , right after I used the AnteAge microneeding solution and my Led light. The following day I would resume Led lights the AnteAge serum , and moisturizer, followed by Fawnie's Vita Collagen Colostrum cream. I would continue doing that for 4 days. On the fifth day I used an enzyme peel followed by Fawnie's VCCCream again. On the 6 th day I would resume RetinA, VitC etc. about mid month I did a .5 microneeding followed by a TCA peel and LED. I also did the .25 microneeding weekly. I don't believe my results were an anomaly I just think I happened to record my results. I'll bet others who compair their results would see the same type of changes as far as clarity and line reduction go. But I will tell you this, and it's NOT a recommendation ( some may not have the elephant hide that I do) combining the TCA , Led , and Derminator gave me fast results.
Again I'm so sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.

_________________
Too numerous to mention!
rmc7
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 16 Sep 2010
Posts: 277
Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:25 am      Reply with quote
The above was an edit to add needle length.

_________________
Too numerous to mention!
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 12 Jan 2012
Posts: 770
Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:31 am      Reply with quote
rmc7 wrote:
combining the TCA , Led , and Derminator gave me fast results.sooner.


I might start TCA peels again. This time, though, I'll use a gentler strength. I was using 20% and that's just SCARY strong!

Your lips look fantastic! Gives me hope for mine.

_________________
Derminator, phytoceramides, Retin-A, DIY Vitamin C serum, Ageless if You Dare and Pilates! Smile
rmc7
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 16 Sep 2010
Posts: 277
Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:39 am      Reply with quote
Immacolata wrote:
rmc7 wrote:
combining the TCA , Led , and Derminator gave me fast results.sooner.


I might start TCA peels again. This time, though, I'll use a gentler strength. I was using 20% and that's just SCARY strong!

Your lips look fantastic! Gives me hope for mine.

Holy smoke! You are way braver than me! That's gotta be painful, no? Did you layer it?

_________________
Too numerous to mention!
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 12 Jan 2012
Posts: 770
Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
rmc7 wrote:
Immacolata wrote:
rmc7 wrote:
combining the TCA , Led , and Derminator gave me fast results.sooner.


I might start TCA peels again. This time, though, I'll use a gentler strength. I was using 20% and that's just SCARY strong!

Your lips look fantastic! Gives me hope for mine.

Holy smoke! You are way braver than me! That's gotta be painful, no? Did you layer it?


I just used a cotton pad and smoothed it on. It burns like a MOFO. Scared me at first, and I started to freak when it looked like my face was falling off, LOL. but I found an article that detailed another women's experience with strong TCA, and knew that it would get better. Downtime was a week. I won't go that strong again.

_________________
Derminator, phytoceramides, Retin-A, DIY Vitamin C serum, Ageless if You Dare and Pilates! Smile
flipper
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 12 Jul 2010
Posts: 79
Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks RMC7. I don't think my skin could handle as much as yours, but good to know you used Hyaluronic acid during needling at 1.5 with no adverse effects. I was using just water or saline and its was not as easy as I hoped, plus my skin was so dry because i cleansed and then used alcohol prior to needling. I need to look into antiAge and possibly TCA. What was your strength? I was considering it last year but chickened out. Don't worry about the late reply, better late than never.
jiidea
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 05 Aug 2015
Posts: 20
Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:36 am      Reply with quote
Alright guys.. I just got my derminator..
But Im reading about all your lotions and potions that you relentlessly put on your face .. makes me want to scream.. Im a guy... And i really dont care much about those products ..

Is it really important to use the creams and stuff? or could you just go without ? I mean .. as long as you eat healthy.. leafy greens and stuff..

Whats your opinion on that? is it truely important to use thoese serums to heal the skin ? I mean ..the skin should be able to heal it self, as long as the wounds dont stay for weeks .. like it does with cystic acne, which is what causes scared tissue..
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 12 Jan 2012
Posts: 770
Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:20 am      Reply with quote
jiidea wrote:
Alright guys.. I just got my derminator..
But Im reading about all your lotions and potions that you relentlessly put on your face .. makes me want to scream.. Im a guy... And i really dont care much about those products ..

Is it really important to use the creams and stuff? or could you just go without ? I mean .. as long as you eat healthy.. leafy greens and stuff..

Whats your opinion on that? is it truely important to use thoese serums to heal the skin ? I mean ..the skin should be able to heal it self, as long as the wounds dont stay for weeks .. like it does with cystic acne, which is what causes scared tissue..


You need something on your face while using it, like saline water or hyaluronic acid serum, otherwise, it will catch and drag and not be very comfortable. It wouldn't hurt you to use a vitamin C serum - they are cheap if you make them yourself.

_________________
Derminator, phytoceramides, Retin-A, DIY Vitamin C serum, Ageless if You Dare and Pilates! Smile
jiidea
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 05 Aug 2015
Posts: 20
Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
@Immacolata Aight.. that makes great sense.. Could you recommend any vitamin C product ? any website etc?

Thanks btw!
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 12 Jan 2012
Posts: 770
Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
jiidea wrote:
@Immacolata Aight.. that makes great sense.. Could you recommend any vitamin C product ? any website etc?

Thanks btw!

Lotion Crafters and MakingCosmetics.com both sell it. You can also buy it on Amazon. I would just buy the powder and make my own. Already made has like a 1000% markup (maybe not that high a percentage but it really is far, far cheaper to make it yourself, and no trouble at all).

I put 1/4 tsp. of C in a shot glass, then add 3/4 tsp. distilled water and 1/4 tsp. of propylene glycol (for thickness). Cheap, cheap, cheap!

The hyaluronic acid you can buy at the same places. I just put about 1/4 tsp. in a shot glass of distilled water, cover it with plastic wrap and put it in the fridge overnight. Next morning, voila! HA serum. Use it quickly though, unless you put in a preservative. Same with the C.

_________________
Derminator, phytoceramides, Retin-A, DIY Vitamin C serum, Ageless if You Dare and Pilates! Smile
jiidea
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 05 Aug 2015
Posts: 20
Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:23 am      Reply with quote
@ Immacolata Aight.. Makes perfect sense now.. Im starting to get this!
Is it possible for you to share some links? Ive been on both websites, but im really not sure, that im going to buy the right products... lol Surprised

And another thing.. What about Vitamin E ? I always hear, that it should be used after one has had surgery to reduce scar tissue etc..

And what about the Infadolan (vit. A & D ointment) that owndoc recommends for aftercare?


Thanks once again Immacolata!
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 12 Jan 2012
Posts: 770
Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:40 am      Reply with quote
jiidea wrote:
@ Immacolata Aight.. Makes perfect sense now.. Im starting to get this!
Is it possible for you to share some links? Ive been on both websites, but im really not sure, that im going to buy the right products... lol Surprised

And another thing.. What about Vitamin E ? I always hear, that it should be used after one has had surgery to reduce scar tissue etc..

And what about the Infadolan (vit. A & D ointment) that owndoc recommends for aftercare?


Thanks once again Immacolata!


Here's the vitamin C:

http://www.lotioncrafter.com/ascorbic-acid-ultrafine.html

And the HA:

http://www.lotioncrafter.com/hyaluronic-acid.html

You can buy the infadolan from owndoc but I've never used it. I don't know about the Vitamin E - I don't suppose it could hurt but I would wait a day or two after needling to use it. Or maybe just take it orally?

_________________
Derminator, phytoceramides, Retin-A, DIY Vitamin C serum, Ageless if You Dare and Pilates! Smile
jiidea
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 05 Aug 2015
Posts: 20
Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:44 am      Reply with quote
Thanks a million Immacolata! really sweet of you.! Smile
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 12 Jan 2012
Posts: 770
Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
jiidea wrote:
Thanks a million Immacolata! really sweet of you.! Smile


You are very welcome! Be sure to check in now and then and let us know how it's going.

I just did my lips, upper and lower. I was EMLA'd out so I didn't feel much but damn, did I bleed! Right now I have a ring of red skin around my mouth and several redder lines where I used the single needle.

After seeing RMC's results I'm more determined than ever to stick with my regime. I'll be doing the rest of my face tonight. I find that splitting it into sections - lips, cheeks, forehead - that I do a more thorough job.

God, I love this machine and am so grateful to Sarah Vaughter. I wish she'd post here so I could thank her in person, but she tends to keep to herself. Nonetheless, Sarah, if you're reading this, THANK YOU!

_________________
Derminator, phytoceramides, Retin-A, DIY Vitamin C serum, Ageless if You Dare and Pilates! Smile
rmc7
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 16 Sep 2010
Posts: 277
Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:39 am      Reply with quote
flipper wrote:
Thanks RMC7. I don't think my skin could handle as much as yours, but good to know you used Hyaluronic acid during needling at 1.5 with no adverse effects. I was using just water or saline and its was not as easy as I hoped, plus my skin was so dry because i cleansed and then used alcohol prior to needling. I need to look into antiAge and possibly TCA. What was your strength? I was considering it last year but chickened out. Don't worry about the late reply, better late than never.

I started at 12 then went to 15 . I've also used the saline, that's perfectly fine. Read how Immacolata makes her ha and vit c. I make my c the same way but now I'm going to use her method to make my ha. If you are going to try AnteAge it's really expensive just try the sample kit first, you may not care for it. It has mixed reviews. Now I'm changing my products to see what happens with my old method, when I used a roller. I always used retinA after ( wth , my face was numb!) wait an hr use my Led, copper serum, emu oil. Next day same stuff except am vit c pm dilute copperPeptide, add estriol. Then I do copper peptides 3x week. But I got to tell you all I'm loving my little Tria ! It really works on these lip lines. Hurts like hell!

_________________
Too numerous to mention!
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 11 Apr 2007
Posts: 2155
Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:42 am      Reply with quote
Medical dermarolling works without creams and stuff, but you need some kind of medium for needles to glide on the surface of your skin.

Owndoc sells a CP mask that, IMO, works even better than a HA gel, which dries out very quickly.

http://shop.owndoc.com/p-173/copper-peptide-facial-mask.html


jiidea wrote:
Alright guys.. I just got my derminator..
But Im reading about all your lotions and potions that you relentlessly put on your face .. makes me want to scream.. Im a guy... And i really dont care much about those products ..

Is it really important to use the creams and stuff? or could you just go without ? I mean .. as long as you eat healthy.. leafy greens and stuff..

Whats your opinion on that? is it truely important to use thoese serums to heal the skin ? I mean ..the skin should be able to heal it self, as long as the wounds dont stay for weeks .. like it does with cystic acne, which is what causes scared tissue..
angelnaina
New Member

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 04 Mar 2010
Posts: 2
Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:17 am      Reply with quote
Despareately want to try it..but unfortunately they d'nt ship to India..😢😢
System
Automatic Message
Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:53 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



Sundari Gotu Kola and Indian Asparagus Mask (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cellcosmet CellEctive CellLift Cream Light (50 ml / 50 g) Dremu Oil (30 ml / 1 floz)



Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2023 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed


Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |