Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
The Derminator
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
xandria
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
ora123 wrote:
Has anyone used the derminator on stretched out/saggy stomach skin? I would really love to hear if anyone has had any success with this (or not!). I have stretched saggy skin from pregnancy, and I would love love love to impact on this. I know that only a tummy tuck will completely improve things, but I'm not willing to go down that path...and I'd love to find an option that could make a 20% or 50% improvement - I'll take anything I can get.

Has anyone here had any success with the derminator (or other needling) on stomach area?

ora123, If you are looking for fast results, to remove loose skin. Research the Lila Strawberry Laser.

Late 40's, Currently using AALS, Violet Ray 12/2010. Skincare products; Derma-e peptides plus & hyalorinic acid night cream, Origins; Antioxidant moisturizer with White Tea & Antioxidant cleanser with White Tea. Skin Laboratory Glycolic, Lactic & Salicylic acids. Recently started using 12/2010 Skin Biology's CP serum & TTT.
ora123

Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks xandria - I had a look into that, but I don't think there are any clinics that offer that where I live. Also I could see examples of it used for excess fat, but fat isn't really my issue - it's the extra skin I have from weight loss.

Has anyone out there used derma rollers to address extra skin??
preciousia
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
ora123 wrote:
Thanks - I've seen similar things from google searches, but I'd love to hear first hand experience before investing in something like the derminator....

I haven't heard of thermal active body lotion, thanks I'll check it out! I was thinking about getting some retin-a and vit c serums to try on my stomach....do you think the thermal active is better??

i think vitamin A & Vitamin C will work but they perform differently from thermal active ingredients. It is not possible to say one works better than the other, they will work synergistically well together i imagine.

Vitamin A
Increases the deposition of collagen, assist wound healing, repairs the cellular structure of the epidermis

Vitamin C
antioxidant, whitening, assist wound healing, collagen production

Thermal active ingredients like Capcaisin
Increases blood flow and can help ingredients penetrate to lower levels of the skin. It is used in many "slimming" creams now.

DMAE is also known for tightening the skin.

As i said earlier, topical application is slow. Low Risk but it will improve with time if you persist dilligently. Supposedly 2x a day. I can only manage once every other day.

see research here and photos on needling onloose skin on the tummy area.
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/5759552_Minimally_Invasive_Percutaneous_Collagen_Induction
iibra001

Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:
jasminerosey - I've been using it mostly on my stretch marks and not my face. Lately, I've noticed that my face has aged some. Sad I have sagging skin around my mouth area. Was fine summer but all of the sudden, sagging along with puffiness. So it's time to get serious about it and hoping this will help.

The main problem I have is that I bleed easily, petechiae sometimes just by washing my face with hot water (sigh). Haven't found the reason why, like health issues, or whatever. I am taking Vit C in a higher dose internally. So I am afraid to use this on my face but now that I see myself in the mirror, time to just ignore the petechiae. Maybe the Derminator will thicken my skin so I don't get these blood spots so easily. And tighten up my face. (Ah the joys of getting older...)

Hey, I'm new here so hope i'm sending this message correctly lol.

I've just purchased the derminator, patiently waiting for its arrival. I'm also going to be using it on stretch marks, I'm just wondering how is your treatment going and how much improvement have you seen?

Thank you!
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:49 am      Reply with quote
May I ask how often you guys are changing the 9 needle and single needle cartridges? I use the 9 needle on .5-.75 mm for my face, neck and hands and the single needle on .75mm for crows feet, nasal labial lines, and neck rings. I needle once a month.

Should I use a new cartridge every second or third time? Each month, the 9 needle cartridge is used about 20 minutes and the single needle is used about 8 minutes.

By the way, Derminator put up a video on cleaning: https://youtu.be/MfRSys2qfsE

Dry skin but not many wrinkles; 50s and Asian; Topicals: Vit C, tretinoin, hydroquinone & azaleic acid for melasma; Likes: SK-II, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Skinceuticals, Obagi, P50, Sunday Riley, Hada Labo, facial oils
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:56 am      Reply with quote
denisiel wrote:
May I ask how often you guys are changing the 9 needle and single needle cartridges? I use the 9 needle on .5-.75 mm for my face, neck and hands and the single needle on .75mm for crows feet, nasal labial lines, and neck rings. I needle once a month.

Should I use a new cartridge every second or third time? Each month, the 9 needle cartridge is used about 20 minutes and the single needle is used about 8 minutes.

By the way, Derminator put up a video on cleaning: https://youtu.be/MfRSys2qfsE

I've only been using them twice, but that's because they're so cheap and I've only been doing it every six weeks or so. I think that I would probably be able to use them at least a couple more times before they got too dull. I guess it would depend on how large of an area you treat, how thoroughly you treat, etc.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:03 am      Reply with quote
Immacolata wrote:
I've only been using them twice, but that's because they're so cheap and I've only been doing it every six weeks or so. I think that I would probably be able to use them at least a couple more times before they got too dull. I guess it would depend on how large of an area you treat, how thoroughly you treat, etc.

Thanks Immacolata, I think I'll try for 3 treatments per cartridge. After two times, the needles still seem very sharp.

I'm thinking of working in weekly product penetration needling at .25mm. Guess will have to order some more cartridges soon!

Dry skin but not many wrinkles; 50s and Asian; Topicals: Vit C, tretinoin, hydroquinone & azaleic acid for melasma; Likes: SK-II, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Skinceuticals, Obagi, P50, Sunday Riley, Hada Labo, facial oils
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:50 am      Reply with quote
I've used the Derminator seven times with no issues and am diligent about cleaning and disinfecting. This past time, I used it on the back of my hands (same as the other times) but instead of saline solution for slip, I used HA serum (just HA powder from Lotioncrafters and distilled water). Afterwards I used Infadolan from Own Doc.

The back of both hands are incredibly itchy and covered with small itchy bumps, like contact dermititis. I didn't go out the next day and only used Vitamin C serum and hemp oil. The past few days, I applied tretinoin at night and sunscreen during the day. Now using hydrocortisone to quell the itching but the bumps are getting worse and covering the back of my hands. Not the fingers,face or neck even though I needled them too.

Anybody have an idea of what is causing this intensely itchy rash, is it serious and what to do ?

miracleskin29
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:34 am      Reply with quote
Hi Denisiel,

I am hoping that your hands are doing much better today . When i used the derminator my chest itched a lot,but not face and neck . It's the persistent bumps you have that are concerning . I don't have any advice but hope others chime in with some help . Keep us posted

Oh this is really late ,but for me,the needles seem to last for at least 3 times on largeareas (neck chest face )

Good luck with everything !

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:13 am      Reply with quote
I don't know if someone already mentioned this but when I get red bumps from the derminator or from a strong peel, it's a histamine response. I take generic claritin for it and it usually keeps me from getting them. The only other time I had a reaction, it was from neosporin. I don't use neosporin at all any more but use polysporin if any. It's the neomysin that I'm allergic to. HTH.

Mary
flipper
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:55 am      Reply with quote
I remember when I started rolling years ago my face would itch like crazy afterwards. I would put on cortisone cream with little to no relief. I would go to bed trying not to scratch and it would keep me up for hours. I no longer have this reaction and the only difference was I moved. I think the water I would splash on my face afterwards may have had some minerals that irritated. As for hands having a reaction but not your face, perhaps it was a hand lotion that you applied earlier which wasn't washed off completely, or that had penetrated your skin and couldn't be washed.
ladyjean
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
I'm really impressed with the Derminator. I used it on my forearms on fast speed and 2mm. At first I didn't think it was doing anything but a few minutes later my arms turn red like they used to from manually derma rolling. I used to hate manual rolling, it always hurt so I wouldn't do it very often. I read that some people itch afterwards, this happens to me when I use alcohol, terrible itching, it was an allergic reaction. So I don't use anything anymore, I wish I could so the Derminator would glide better. Maybe sterile saline solution would work, one with no additives or just sterile water? I'll ask my daughter who's an RN. I read on Owndoc that you can tell when to change the needles as it starts to hurt a little more than is usual because they are getting dull. But they are cheap enough to buy a lot. The guarantee can't be beat either, 3 years and if it breaks you just send them a video of it not working and they send you a new one, no need to send the old one back. Love this machine.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:07 am      Reply with quote
Quick update, the itchiness of my hands subsided after a lot of hydrocortisone 1.5%. But the bumps are still there, clearly defined bumps and if I press them then feel itchy again. They look like raised solar lentigos but not discolored. Searched the internet but I didn't find any information other than it might be hives but why are they still there if not itchy or red.

I never had any problem before and this is my 7th or 8th time with the Derminator. The only thing I did different was instead of using saline solution for slip, I mixed higher weight hyaluronic acid from Lotioncrafters with distilled water.

ladyjean
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:25 am      Reply with quote
Denisiel, How long have the bumps been there? Hives are definitely itchy unless you take antihistamines. I have sensitive skin so I don't use any product that the Derminator could carry into my skin. I remember how itchy and red my arms became when I used a manual derma roller years ago because I used alcohol. Maybe it was some additive in the alcohol, I don't know. You can develop an allergy to something at any time. I've used retin A for 25 years and lately on my face I started to get eczema where I used it so I don't use it there anymore.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ladyjean, The bumps have been there about two weeks. I was wondering if they were granulomas and permanently there as a foreign body. The only thing it could be is the HA but I thought the HA from Lotioncrafters is pure and not mixed with anything else. I'll let you guys know if there are any changes. I will never use anything but saline again - can you imagine to get these bumps covering your face?

ladyjean
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
Well I hope you find some relief from the bumps. Granulomas are usually red, aren't they? You might want to see a dermatologist if they persist. They could diagnose them and perhaps give you something effective. That's why I'm only going to use saline or water as everything seems to irritate me anymore.
Can I ask where you get your saline and does it have any additives? Thanks

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
I live in Hong Kong and found the saline solution at the local pharmacy. They are sold in single use vials and can be used for injectables so I knew it was safe for microneedling.

RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:47 am      Reply with quote
denisiel wrote:
Hi ladyjean, The bumps have been there about two weeks. I was wondering if they were granulomas and permanently there as a foreign body. The only thing it could be is the HA but I thought the HA from Lotioncrafters is pure and not mixed with anything else. I'll let you guys know if there are any changes. I will never use anything but saline again - can you imagine to get these bumps covering your face?

Have you tried fawnie's HA serum?

http://myfawnie.bigcartel.com/product/fawnie-eye-cream

Ingredients:
Pure water * Hyaluronic Acid * Xylitol Complex * d-panthenol * proprietary minerals complex including zinc, magnesium, calcium and copper * medium chain triglycerides * CM beta glucans * dehydroacetic acid (preservative).

I've been using it together with saline solution for easy gliding. Works like a charm.
ladyjean
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:24 am      Reply with quote
I would love to try all these products, I have sensitive skin (get red,itchy) from so many things that I'd be afraid to get them under the skin. I once used egg white for a facial and my face itched and turned red, I had to quickly wash it off. I wondered if I shouldn't be eating eggs as well, googled it but found nothing pertinent. Anyone know about this?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 03, 2016 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
ladyjean wrote:
I would love to try all these products, I have sensitive skin (get red,itchy) from so many things that I'd be afraid to get them under the skin. I once used egg white for a facial and my face itched and turned red, I had to quickly wash it off. I wondered if I shouldn't be eating eggs as well, googled it but found nothing pertinent. Anyone know about this?

I have never heard anyone being allergic to HA. After all, it is in your body. The average 70 kg person has roughly 15 grams of HA in the body.

While natural products can easily cause allergic reactions.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 12, 2016 10:09 am      Reply with quote
After taking a 2-month break (for no other reason than laziness) I just did my mouth on 1.5, using plain water for slip, which worked well. I bled like crazy! Tonight I'll do my forehead and neck, and tomorrow the cheeks. I do a better, more thorough job if I break it into 3 sessions.

I didn't do the single needle this time because I broke the last one that I had. I'll have to lay in a stock of them. I wish Sarah gave quantity discounts!

5% products discount

Wed May 18, 2016 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
Is anyone using the Derminator for general facial rejuvenation? I've watched the video on Owndoc but it looks to me like it's better for small areas. I've thought about using the dermaroller or dermapen but out of the three, Derminator sounds like it's the least painful. Any advice please?
Penta
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 30, 2016 12:52 am      Reply with quote
For those of you who roll for stretchmarks, what's your vitamin c and retin-a protocol?

I know this is what Sarah recommends on her website:

"Week 1:

Day 1 - dry brushing, vit. C application (as explained in our instructions)

Day 2 - apply Tretinoin (A-Ret)

Day 3 - dry brushing, vit. C application

Day 4 - apply Tretinoin

Day 5 - apply nothing. Give your skin a break

Day 6 - dry brushing, vit. C application

Day 7 - apply Tretinoin

(If the skin gets too irritated, reduce the frequency of applications)

Week 2:

-Do the same routine as in week 1 until the rolling day. Roll the stretch mark (the whole area) with a regular roller on the day it suits you the best. Roll them densely with a regular roller. Apply Infadolan immediately after. Continue applying Infadolan for at least five more days.

During the next four weeks, use the single needle or a dermastamp or a ONE LINER dermaroller (roll thoroughly and densely) on the individual stretch marks until they are all done. You can for example thoroughly single needle/roll every day five stretch marks (every day different ones) until they are all done.

Right after needling/one liner rolling, massage some Tretinoin (A-Ret) into the individual stretch marks. First do a small test patch to see how your skin reacts to it. Apply Infadolan on top of Tretinoin."

But where does the Vitamin C spray factor in here? And do we continue preparing the skin of the unrolled area with retin-a and vit c?
What's everyone's routine re external products?
jeang

Mon May 30, 2016 2:51 am      Reply with quote
I bought a derminator because of this forum and it's one of the best investments I have made for my skin (right up there with Retin and Omnilux).

I've had my derminator for almost a year and this is now my routine:

Anestol Numbing Cream (I didn't use to use this but forehead is a bit sensitive and takes forever without it) from All Day Chemist

I apply this as a base: Timeless Skincare Hyaluronic Acid (used to use OwnDoc Copper Peptide but too $$$)

Follow up with: OwnDoc Copper Peptide Mask

When I can I get Omnilux on the same day as microneedling and then 3 days after and this drastically speeds up recovery. I used to get Omnilux once a month and now I go twice every 8 - 10 weeks (after microneedling).

I also change my needles after every session on my face. After I got more experience needling, I started using deeper needles and my face got more bloody. I contemplated not changing the needles, but considering micro-needling costs about $350 - $450 if done professionally a $9 needle cartridge is a small price to pay. At the start I would re-use needles for 2 sessions, but I noticed more outbreaks.

I hope this helps!
Penta
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 30, 2016 5:17 am      Reply with quote
Penta wrote:
For those of you who roll for stretchmarks, what's your vitamin c and retin-a protocol?

I know this is what Sarah recommends on her website:

"Week 1:

Day 1 - dry brushing, vit. C application (as explained in our instructions)

Day 2 - apply Tretinoin (A-Ret)

Day 3 - dry brushing, vit. C application

Day 4 - apply Tretinoin

Day 5 - apply nothing. Give your skin a break

Day 6 - dry brushing, vit. C application

Day 7 - apply Tretinoin

(If the skin gets too irritated, reduce the frequency of applications)

Week 2:

-Do the same routine as in week 1 until the rolling day. Roll the stretch mark (the whole area) with a regular roller on the day it suits you the best. Roll them densely with a regular roller. Apply Infadolan immediately after. Continue applying Infadolan for at least five more days.

During the next four weeks, use the single needle or a dermastamp or a ONE LINER dermaroller (roll thoroughly and densely) on the individual stretch marks until they are all done. You can for example thoroughly single needle/roll every day five stretch marks (every day different ones) until they are all done.

Right after needling/one liner rolling, massage some Tretinoin (A-Ret) into the individual stretch marks. First do a small test patch to see how your skin reacts to it. Apply Infadolan on top of Tretinoin."

But where does the Vitamin C spray factor in here? And do we continue preparing the skin of the unrolled area with retin-a and vit c?
What's everyone's routine re external products?

Also, from where do you guys get your retin-a? owndoc doesn't seem to sell any currently.
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:54 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |