Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Thinking about fillers at a young age. Looking way older.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
qowpele
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
So I am a 22 year old male. I get told by some people I look 25. A few ill guess my age or 23. Some will say 20, one said my age Some though will say 28 and another 26..... A few days ago though somehow, some lady thought I was 17, maybe due to lighting IDK

My problem is I believe I look Much older than I am. You see, I Know everybody has nasolabial folds, it is just a matter of whether or not you have a lot of upper face fat sagging, thus making more pronounced hollowness in one's cheeks and much more pronounced folds.

I also know that light shining directly on the face is more flattering, and that light from the side uncovers and slightly exaggerates imperfections even more.

My regimen is drinking plenty of water, a Very clean diet, retin A, Vitamin CE ferulic acid topical, along with plenty of sleep, and a high percentage of zinc oxide sunscreen and a lot of sun avoidance along with UV protective films for my car.

I am a gay male, so likely much of my worry of this cosmetic issue sprouts from that.

This is driving me insane to the point of wanting fillers to correct the issues.

I have pictures attached to my photobucket profile I have here.. http://s1013.photobucket.com/user/robbypm7/library/?sort=3&page=1

Before you check though I would truly like an answer to this after you check it out.

Am I overreacting, and if I am, do I sincerely look my age? Or younger or older? If you were to see me in real life would you think I was a certain age or another?

I feel these facial imperfections are making me very ugly, and subtracting from my looks A lot. Also my right side appears to be worse than my left a bit.

I do not feel attractive at all, thus leading me to want to get fillers at this very young age.

Just to say, perhaps I am overreacting to just the lest flattering form of lighting, which is when it comes in from the side, as the photo in which I am laying down, just for comparison, is from just when I turned 19 years old... Idk... And even in one of the photos on this account in which there's another guy in it, that's from my high school prom. (Even in that photo you can see the lighting reflects off of under eye hollows and the upper bounds of nasolabial folds, even with the direct face lighting).......... Maybe I am greatly overreacting. The only photo I feel I look my age in, is the one in which I am with the girl at a club. I have really looked into this this much due to the fact it really is hurting my confidence..

Any insight into what you would think my age is? Again, I do fee very unattractive and if that is the case, I will just get fillers to be happier and then all will be well Smile
Ollie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
My friends and I saw your photos and we have to say, you are a very attractive young man! (too bad your gay) and def too young for us..lol You do NOT look your age at all. My friends and I think would have thought you weren't a day over 17!!! You have no wrinkles and wonderful skin! Whatever you're doing, keep doing it because you have a very young looking face. I think you're being way too hard on yourself and may have a little bit of body dismorphic disorder. Have you ever heard of that? It's when you see yourself is a warped manner. And see things that aren't really there and obsess about them. Also, you are your own worst critic. We tend to see things others looking at us do not see. Don't be so hard on yourself, you really do look very young and handsome too!
Ollie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
I forgot to mention. Whatever you do, don't start using fillers.

1. They're not good for you even though the FDA says they are (read some horror stories on Realself.com)

2. Once you start using them, you have to keep using them usually every 3 to 4 months.

3.. They don't break down in the skin and bond w/your own hyuralonic like Derms and Plastic Surg say they do (it takes many years to fully go away.)

My skin was much saggier when I stopped using them than before I started. Plus it's very expensive to upkeep. You may want to think about doing light facial exercises before you get fillers. Which you are far from needing, by the way! HTH
goodbyekitty
5% products discount

Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:56 am      Reply with quote
IMO you look around 18-20. You do not have any nasolabial folds, apart from the type everyone under 30 has! Even my 4yo son has "nasolabial folds"!

I think your short hair makes you look more "mature", and this is really the only reason I could imagine anyone guessing you are older than 20. You have great, youthful and fresh looking skin and features.

You definitely don't need fillers! Everyone has nasolabial folds, and I think it looks especially artificial to have absolutely none
lovelyheaven
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:59 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I've been thinking about fillers too. I just turned 24. You have to understand we live in a vain world, where something so small we freak out over. I don't think celebrities are good role models, because it put pressure on us. But as for your NL. You look pretty normal to me. You look around 20.Some people age guessing is off. I have been told I look older when I was younger, and younger as I got older. You look very handsome. I think this one is all in your head honestly.
TheSweetLife
5% products discount

Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:34 am      Reply with quote
Hello there qowpele - Your skin is very nice. You look youthful, fresh and could pass for 20. Avoid all unnecessary procedures. Once you get hooked you almost can't go back. It's a slippery slope - one thing leading to another.
I do not see fillers as doing anything for your existing face, except looking fake.

Non-invasive options: Facial exercise is a great option - many you can do in 5 minutes or less: in your car, etc. I also highly recommend facial massage which you can do with any number of lovely oils (rose hip seed comes to mind). Very easy and invigorating to the face. You can also dry brush which will help with slight lifting and cell turnover. Tonya Zavasta has a nice brush that I use. You can google her. Dermarolling with a .2 or .3 and then adding a hydrating product or non-acidic serum after with hydration over is a nice way to get a glow and give the skin a boost.
Acidic products after rolling will be ouchy. Save C-serums and glycolics for non-rolling days.
qowpele
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone. I mean, I am turning 23 at the end of November but... I don't quite know what exactly it is that I am seeing which is bothering me so much.

I appreciate it all everyone. If anyone else has input, it is certainly welcome
qowpele
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
ey guys. Any other opinions? I a saving up to $600 rigt now just in case things get any worse
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:43 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |