Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What are your top three priorities when choosing a line?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ngeisler
5% products discount

Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
I'm launching a skin care line early next year and thought this might be a good place to do a little market research. What's important to you? Clean? Nourishing? Non-Toxic? Anti Animal Cruelty? Scented or Unscented? Highly Moisturizing? Do you believe anti-aging claims? All comments and answers appreciated!
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
I prefer unscented. I do use lines with scent (LRP, Avene, etc.) but fragrance is an unnecessary ingredient.

I like the option of buying sample or travel sizes first, especially with items like sunscreen. If a sunscreen does not work for me (ie: not cosmetically appealing) I usually know right away. I do use up my "fails" on my hands/arms.

Affordable: while I will pay top dollar for a treatment that I think will work for my skin (based on ingredients not fancy packaging); I see no need to spend crazy amounts of money on basic skin care. For example: I consider $50.00 and up too much money (in my budget) for a cleanser. Any good ingredients in the cleanser, are not staying on the skin. I would rather have those ingredients in a stay on product.

Please have the ingredients listed. I have a product from Rodial and the ingredients are not listed on the package. I can't find them with a google search either. Clinique also does this.

There is certain ingredients that work for me and I do read labels.

Cruelty free (no tested on animals) preferred.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:41 am      Reply with quote
Formulation or ingredients (like Autumn, I avoid my triggers).

Is it easily available online? With periodic discount codes? Does the etailer have a generous return policy?

Is it possible to get said product from an etailer so it's consistently FRESH?

Those are my main criteria.
RMB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:12 am      Reply with quote
1) Competitive performance. Does the product work as well as or better than what I already use? If not, there's no reason to switch.

2) Affordability. If the product works as well as what I already use (e.g., another antioxidant serum), it has to be cheaper for me to consider switching.

My reasoning will probably be something like:

Worse results, Cheaper price X
Worse results, Same price X
Worse results, More expensive price X
Same results, Cheaper price YES
Same results, Same price X
Same results, More expensive price X
Better results, Cheaper price YES
Better results, Same price YES
Better results, More expensive price (depends how much better the results are)
Chlorophyll
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
1 I'm an ingredient label snob, personally. I like to see effective actives higher up on the list, and enough of them to make switching brands worth my while.

2 price. 3 texture, greasiness, etc.

I'm on board with Autumn appreciating the travel sizes, too!
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
Proven actives (with research to back up results) at the research recommended levels. I prefer to see percentages of the active ingredients on the label. For example, with some retinol products, it's hard to find the amount of retinol in them.

Anti-aging claims should have some research or data to support the claims.

Agree with above, no fragrance or very little. And sample sizes.

A fair price for the results and actives. I don't mind paying more for something that really does work.

Personally, I dislike silicone heavy products. I know others like them.

Non-toxic is always good.
ngeisler
5% products discount

Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much, each of you, for taking the time time to respond. Great comments, all in line with what I understand, through my market research, that women want. I really love the suggestion to produce trial sizes; that's very appealing to me as a consumer. Also, so important to not only list active ingredients, but to also explain what each of them actually does.
Asking each of you if a line that contains the following would interest you. Please understand I'm trying to keep the line as clean as possible. What I would recommend to my customers is to start using Retin-A by the time they're 30, and to also use the following on a daily basis:
Morning Serum that nourishes and protects
Night Serum that nourishes and repairs
High volume fruit acid serum
Moisture cream that moisturizes, nourishes, and protects.
Active ingredients: coffee seed oil, cocoa oil, hyaluronic acid, alpha lipoic acid, linoleic acid, quercetin, co-enzyme Q10, peptides, tea extracts, grape seed extracts, niacinamide, sea buckthorn oil, ceramides ferulic acid, jojoba butter, borage oil

Thanks All!
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
ngeisler wrote:
Thanks so much, each of you, for taking the time time to respond. Great comments, all in line with what I understand, through my market research, that women want. I really love the suggestion to produce trial sizes; that's very appealing to me as a consumer. Also, so important to not only list active ingredients, but to also explain what each of them actually does.
Asking each of you if a line that contains the following would interest you. Please understand I'm trying to keep the line as clean as possible. What I would recommend to my customers is to start using Retin-A by the time they're 30, and to also use the following on a daily basis:
Morning Serum that nourishes and protects
Night Serum that nourishes and repairs
High volume fruit acid serum
Moisture cream that moisturizes, nourishes, and protects.
Active ingredients: coffee seed oil, cocoa oil, hyaluronic acid, alpha lipoic acid, linoleic acid, quercetin, co-enzyme Q10, peptides, tea extracts, grape seed extracts, niacinamide, sea buckthorn oil, ceramides ferulic acid, jojoba butter, borage oil

Thanks All!

What is the difference with the serums?

Also, while Retin A does wonders for many people; not all of us can tolerate it. I would also suggest SS use especially if using Retin A or prescription retinold.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:24 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |