Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Yay, Vancouver!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Caspers Mum

Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
Very Happy We're #3 in the World! Whoo-hoo!

http://www.canada.com/vancouver/story.html?id=105e9b2f-ffdd-4ae4-acd9-85b40522ade8

And don't I know it (tee-hee!). Look at our weather today. Spring is here, indeed, and people are out in shorts & tee's! To all of you in eastern-Canada, and/or mid-west & east-coast of the States ... "sorry??" (not really)
rofl Nyah, nyah!!!

http://vancouver.weatherpage.ca/wxcameras.html

http://www.floraldesigninstitute.com/page004.11.00.14.36.htm

http://www.pbase.ca/stock-photos/spring/index.php
MsJam
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for posting the links, I miss Vancouver very much! I still think it's the most beautiful city in the world!
christine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:55 pm      Reply with quote
for Vancouver..
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Ps : I think Vancouver will get #1 if it's easier to turn left at the traffic light haha
Very Happy
freefall2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:49 am      Reply with quote
I miss Vancouver a lot too. I peek at the web cam overlooking the Burrard St Bridge and the harbor when I'm feeling homesick. I lived in the building across from the aquatic center and this was part of my view. It was great during the fireworks competition! It's one of the ones on the weather page but this shows up a lot larger.
Vancouver Web Cam

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 13, 2005 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
liz, one of my friends was a couple buildings down from you I think...she moved to burnaby and misses the view too...
freefall2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:09 am      Reply with quote
I've never considered myself a city girl - I grew up in the suburbs - but I really enjoyed the time I spent in Vancouver. The other place I lived for a while was an old mansion on Harwood converted into apartments. It had high ceilings and wood floors. Our view was a beautiful front yard and an enormous tulip tree. We had squirrels, skunks, racoons and a huge owl in the tree. The hedge hid the traffic and cut the noise. It was great but the owner had a plan to demolish it and put up an apt building. I wonder if he ever did.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
Dearest Caspers Mum - My husband and I will be visiting Vancouver in May and I can't tell you how much we're enjoying looking at the webcam photos!!! Congratulations for the wonderful ranking!!! We haven't been there in many years and look forward to our trip. I hope 3 days will be enough time -- wish it could be more, but we're heading south to Seattle and Portland as well.

April
Caspers Mum

Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:29 am      Reply with quote
m.april wrote:
Dearest Caspers Mum - My husband and I will be visiting Vancouver in May and I can't tell you how much we're enjoying looking at the webcam photos!!! Congratulations for the wonderful ranking!!! We haven't been there in many years and look forward to our trip. I hope 3 days will be enough time -- wish it could be more, but we're heading south to Seattle and Portland as well.

April

May: what a great time to visit Vancouver. It won't be too hot, and not too touristy at that time of year.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
Any time is a good time to visit Vancouver...whatever the weather - Vancouver has one of the best vibes around...I've had the time of my life in Vancouver doing nothing really - just hanging out...it's got a great "feel"..
Pudoodles
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
My worry is that I won't have enough time to really get to know the city since I'm only going to be there 3 days Sad . And lianne, I finally booked a room through hotwire.com to save money. I will be staying at the Listel Vancouver, at 1300 Robson Street. From what I understand, it's not in the thick of activity -- a LITTLE bit out of the way but still well-located. Thanks again for all of your advice. The Wedgewood, which seems truly exquisite, was way too pricey for me. The LEAST expensive room there was about $250 US dollars/night. That would leave less money for clothes, jewelry and cosmetics (at EDS!!!). Besides, we seem to spend so little time in our hotel when we travel, I hate to spend too much for a room. My friend who recommended the Wedgewood is quite chichi. I always see her at market with her various LV Epi leather bags, which I would never do -- I pamper mine!!!
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:49 pm      Reply with quote
$250 US!!?? oh man....The ones I was suggesting are usually around $180 Canadian...

I'm glad you found a place to stay. I've heard of the listel, It's on the quieter end of Robson. You'll find lots of stuff to do in the area I'm sure!

If you're a fan of sushi Vancouver has some great sushi places. Nice and fresh...and cheaper than in the USA. There's one near your hotel...It's on robson (north side- opposite side as your hotel) towards davie street...It's a small place, I can't remember the exact name. It's in a building that's a strip of a few different stores...darn it, anyone know what place I'm talking about???
freefall2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:53 am      Reply with quote
I can't wait to get up to Vancouver this summer to see my baby niece.
This is where I live right now, it's not so bad.....

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:29 am      Reply with quote
The Listel is about one block away from the action, nothing to worry about. The sushi place that is awesome is called Miko and it is right opposite The Listel, I highly recommend it too -- delicious!

Also, if you want somewhere to eat that is truly fabulous, Viji's on South Granville is worth the wait. There are no reservations and you normally have to wait in the bar, but totally, totally worth it. I often go next door to Rangloi, Viji's cheaper deli-esque place and stock up on currys to ship back home to Toronto.

If you want a romantic waterfront meal, then I really recommend "C" and their tasting menu, a wee bit more expensive but again a wonderful experience and outstanding service.

Also, on South Granville there are some really cute shops that are different to the usual suspects [BR/Gap/Club Monaco] on Robson Street.

Enjoy! Vancouver is a fab city.

{Freefall2, that picture is just rude to post when I am freezing in Toronto!!!]
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
Belle, my boyfriend took me to C for my birthday a couple years back. I wasn't all that impressed with it. The menu was too strange for my liking, and the service was not up to my standards.

When I'm downtown with my guy I like the Cloud 9 revolving restaurant, and the fish house in stanley park. In gastown there's the Borgo Antiquo italian restaurant which is just amazing...I love that place.

Other places I like for more casual dining, las margaritas mexican on west 4th, havana on commercial drive, Antons pasta in Burnaby.

My secret spot with my boyfriend is Horizons on Burnaby Mountain. They have another restaurant downtown called Aqua Riva which is supposedly really good, a bit more trendy. That's my next spot to hit Smile
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
I really appreciate these restaurant tips -- I'm writing them all down. Sometimes large cities can have a bewildering effect -- so many choices. It's nice to hear from opinionated people and have the choices narrowed! Lianne, I love sushi and you're right, it CAN be very expensive ($400+ for three of us in NYC last year, but we were total pigs). And I also appreciate any shopping advice -- you're right Belle, I can buy BR/Gap at home so wouldn't bother in Vancouver. I'd be more interested in Comme des Garcons, Issey Miyake, Yohji Yamamoto, Gaultier -- things not on the racks here at home. I'll be sure to check out South Granville, but must figure out how to divert my husband while I quickly power shop!
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
april...There's great all you can eat sushi here for $20 dinner, $15 lunch! There's one on denman street that's upstairs that's decent. You do get better quality from the smaller places usually!

April, we've got an area downtown where there's all the chanel and designer shops....don't have the $$ to visit them myself. You'd probably like this shop http://www.leone.ca/

Here's a good directory for vancouver shopping http://www.vancouver.worldweb.com/Shopping/Fashion-MenWomen/
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:01 am      Reply with quote
Lisa, you've been so helpul I feel I owe you a travel agent's commission. Leone is on my list!!!
Caspers Mum

Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:10 am      Reply with quote
Hey, let's not forget the west-side of Vancouver: Kitsilano's West 4th Avenue has great shopping, and West Broadway too. In fact, some of the city's best restuarants are over here! Let's not forget Pt. Grey, where we are located (4356 West 10th Ave.), as well as South Granville.

I think you should bank one of your days in Vancouver to see the west-side. Wander along the beaches, see the Museum of Anthropology at UBC, etc. Lots to do, lots to see, so little time!
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
Lisa - I'm also am intrigued about Boboli, a store listed on one of the websites you mentioned. And Caspers Mum, the anthropology museum turns up on so many sites about Vancouver that I do indeed hope to visit it. The city is so big and sprawling that I'll probably exhaust myself (again) while vacationing. But my husband and I love the Pacific NW and I'm sure this won't be our last visit. Canada is so great -- I'm also hoping to take him to the eastern parts someday since he's never been. I took a trip years ago to Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, and then out the St. Lawrence Seaway to Quebec and ended up in Perce. We've been to Waterton-Glacier National Park, Banff and Calgary too. Somehow, we've never been too keen on the American sun belt (dislike Florida), but love the west. Vancouver is a crown jewel of this continent -- you have every right to be proud of it.
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 15, 2005 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
We just got back tonight from the Pacific NW. To anyone who reads this, you MUST visit Vancouver BC!!! I can't say enough good things about this marvelous city -- it's Heaven On Earth. We had glorious weather while we visited, and walked several miles every day -- it was Paradise!!! I'm sorry we had to leave and push on to Seattle, which was nice, but it can't come close to the beauty and charm of Vancouver. I can't wait to visit it again and spend much more time there -- it's truly one of God's greatest gifts to mankind!!!
cbrooke
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 16, 2005 9:26 am      Reply with quote
I love Vancouver! Everytime I travel, I am always happy to come back home Very Happy

It is so nice to hear such great comments from others, sometimes living here you forget to appreciate the city's beauty Very Happy
cheezwiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 16, 2005 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit April! Always nice to hear positive comments from visitors. Very Happy

Sometimes I don't stop & take enough time to appreciate all the nice things about Vancouver: the scenery, the lush vegetation, beaches, cheap eats etc. So its fun to see your hometown through travelers eyes.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:54 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |