Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Lost & Unsure Where to Start
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ccorbett02

Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:28 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone -

I have spent the last week or so combing through the forum and I am so impressed at all the knowledge that has been shared. I am feeling a bit overwhelmed though and don't know where to start.

I am 35 and have pretty clear skin except for some acne around my chin. My other skin concern is laugh lines that are developing. My main goal is to brighten my skin's appearance and prevent aging/further wrinkling.

In terms of skincare products I use sunscreen, BHAs, Vitamin C and a retinol product.

I am not sure where to start in terms of beauty devices. I have a Foreo Luna which I love. Other things I have considered purchasing are a LightStim or personal microdermabrasion or ultrasound device. I never go for facials or other beauty treatments which maybe I need to consider. I am very overwhelmed and don't know where to invest my time/money at this point in my life.

Could someone please point me in the right direction?

I would appreciate any advice from all the smart people that post here. Thanks in advance.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
Do not waste your money on facials or other beauty treatments. I have spend $$$ on them without any significant results.

Laugh lines... depending on how bad they are, can be eliminated with a filler like Juvederm Ultra Plus. It is an easy, painless procedure. The filler lasts a year, and it provides very natural results. Ask you doctor to inject with the smallest amount possible. The effect will be subtle and long-lasting. You can add more filler later.

If you are not ready for a filler, then try Dermarolling. The results may take a lot longer!

In my experience, "LightStim or personal microdermabrasion or ultrasound devices" are all useless.

The only at home device worth considering is the Derminator, IMO.
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
I just wanted to say I am about your age well 37 and I quite like LED devices like the lightstim. I am not sure how it works on smile lines as I don't personally have these but when I use it most days it does improve my skin tone and texture and it does soften the fine lines round my eyes. Its probabaly not a dramatic thing but it does make you look softer, fresher and younger which is at least part of your issue. I think that it is just a bit labour intensive and its easy to not bother with your treatments.

I have never had filler myself but I would imagine it would be a quick fix for the issue of your smile lines if you can afford it.
MargaretScott
5% products discount

Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
Why not try home remedies to get rid of your laugh lines naturally? One simple remedy is to massage coconut oil to the affected area daily. You can also try making a paste of honey, yogurt, grape seed oil and powered green tea. Aside from these, you also need to keep your skin moisturized, eat or drink a good amount of Vitamin C and always protect your skin from the sun.

To prevent aging/further wrinkling, consider taking anti-aging natural supplements. This can be of great to help you achieve a youthful and glowing skin.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with RussianSunshine.

It sounds like you are have things covered with the products you are using. Maybe switch to a retinol product with a higher % or even see a derm since you mentioned chin acne. A derm could rx you something like retin-a or differin, which would replace your retinol product.
Judy Chen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:33 am      Reply with quote
I agree facials can do not much. However, if you are able to find some products that just meet your skin's need, it will help in delaying ageing.
Takayama
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:47 am      Reply with quote
Beauty treatment is definitely something you have to choose very carefully.

For my case, I have undergone several laser treatments which successfully removed all my unwanted pigmentation. However, after this first triumph by seeing its amazing effect, I did regular laser treatment for a period of time, and it turned out that my skin become dry and sensitive. Deeply regret for this!
ccorbett02

Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your advice - I bought a 0.5mm and 1.00 dermaroller which I use twice weekly and monthly respectively - and I started using Retin-A 3 weeks ago. I had no idea that tretinoin could help with acne so thank you for that tip.

I had one bad week after starting the Retin-A but quite honestly since then my skin has never looked better. I have stopped wearing foundation or tinted moisturizer. Hopefully things continue to improve.

Thanks again.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:04 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |