Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Hair care?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
lorrapaw
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:28 am      Reply with quote
Do you discuss hair products here as well and if so can anyone recomend a good scrunching product. My hair is has got the slightest of wave and only when wet but are there products that can add some curl/wave.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:45 am      Reply with quote
Actually, there *are* products specifically used to scrunch more curls into your hair! I have a lot of natural body/wave in my hair and when I used to wear it longer, I could actually trick people into thinking that I had a head full of Mariah Carey corkscrew curls just by using the right products and blowdrying technique.

The thing you have to remember is that if you want to enhance the shape of your already curly hair without it turning frizzy or wish to coax more curl into your wavy hair, then you need to scrunch your hair as you diffuse-dry it with your blow dryer. This is very important! If you don’t use a diffuser, then the hot air either causes your curly hair to turn into a frizzy mess or else it blows the curl right out of your hair!!

Here’s a list of products specifically made to aid in “scrunching,” but with any scrunching product you have to be careful not to use too much or you can make your curls “crunchy:”

• ‘Aussie Scrunch Spray’ (available at most supermarkets, pharmacies, discount stores for under $5USD) – this is actually a spray gel product with a distinct grape scent;

• ‘Beyond the Zone - The Scruncher’ (“Beyond the Zone” is the knockoff Tigi/Bedhead brand available exclusively at Sallys Beauty, all of the products are less than $5USD each) - this is also a spray gel product which helps your style last all day although the scent isn’t the greatest (although it fades once your hair is completely dry);

• ‘Beyond the Zone - Noodle Head’ (Sallys, less than $5USD) - this stuff works best when used in conjunction with some other spray or liquid gel because it doesn’t have much “hold” on its own;

• Paul Mitchell Super Sculpt Styling Glaze (available in most Salons, $12.95USD) - this is a liquid styling gel...less is more with this stuff because if you use too much your curls can become crunchy!

My suggestion, if you’ve never tried a scrunching product before so you’re not sure if it’ll work for you, would be to try to cheapest (i.e.: Aussie or BTZ The Scruncher) version you can find. But again, the secret is diffuse drying as you scrunch....

HTH,
Carrie
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, Carrie! What an abundance of information! I have hair that has very little wave in it, any hope to 'coax' more wave by using this technique? Thanks so much! You are so knowledgeable on this subject!! Smile
lorrapaw
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Thanks carekate i will give these products a try so heres hoping.
ella_stella
5% products discount

Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
my hair is just like yours has a wave but is generally straight. the best way i have found to curl my hair is to mousse it while it's wet and then diffuse dry it adding more mousse when I've finished.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:43 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |