Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

alphaderma
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:56 am      Reply with quote
I've spent a good part of the morning searching and reading the posts on this. One recurring theme-that the alphaderma is drying.
Confused Granted, I found the Okusil drying at first-even had crepiness on the lid. The I started using it properly and have had no problems since then.The crepiness is gone. But the ACDE (sp?) has olive oil in it. Perhaps that's why I find it makes my skin greasier? Maybe it's the prep that's apparently moisturizing? -I understand that they've changed the formula? Anybody with oily skin using this product-how are you finding it. Also, is it true that relaxaline isn't as drying-that's what I understand from the posts.
That's hard to fathom since relaxaline only has argeline (sp?) and not the myriad of ingredients that alphaderma has. I'd be interested to hear any opinions. I'm more confused than ever
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:38 am      Reply with quote
Hi marina, I found the ADCE drying and I have a combination skin, if anything my cheeks may be slightly dry, but my chin, forehead and nose is more oily, though not overly. I found the ADCE drying. That said, I havent used moisturiser for 2 days now, just the Vit C serum and Im doing ok. Maybe I just dont need a moisturiser Shock Maybe Ive been throwing away good money after bad all this time maybe I should stop trying to find a holy grail Yeeaaahhhhh right rofl
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:38 am      Reply with quote
I too, felt that I need something on top of the Alpha Derma....it was just not enough for me on it's own. I will say though, that I saw an instant firming the first time I put it on - I can certainly see how this would be an AMAZING product for some...It just got too complicated for me because I wasn't willing to put aside my vitamin c serum and TMR...I would have ended up putting 4 products on before my day cream...which isjust too much for me to invest in..
Pudoodles
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
I too, felt that I need something on top of the Alpha Derma....it was just not enough for me on it's own. I will say though, that I saw an instant firming the first time I put it on - I can certainly see how this would be an AMAZING product for some...It just got too complicated for me because I wasn't willing to put aside my vitamin c serum and TMR...I would have ended up putting 4 products on before my day cream...which isjust too much for me to invest in..
Pudoodles

TMR? Confused I've missed this one? Impossible!!!
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
Me Too hmm
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
Shock It's the Vivier Topical Muscle Relaxant (TMR)...Casper's Mum just did a review on it the other day. Very Happy
Pudoodles
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
Ive just spotted it Pudoodles. Looks good but Im a bit disappointed in the bottle size and the price. Its not a cheap business is it - vanity Laughing So, what kind of lines have you got Pudoodles, have you any slackening skin. Can I ask how many birthdays you've had.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
You know Cindi, It's not cheap being this cheap! Laughing (I'm poking fun purely at myself!)..I'm turning 41 this year...I have a bit of slackening...I don't think I look too bad....spent WAY too much time in the sun during the 80's....hate the lines between my brow - but they aren't so bad now...have a few age spots..that have lightened out significantly...I notice my skin changing..I can't pull all-nighters anymore...and if I do try to pull an all-nighter and then try to put on make-up, I end up looking like Phyllis Diller! Laughing
Pudoodles
Mabsy

Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:39 am      Reply with quote
Interesting. I have normal to combo skin (normal these days though) and I don't find ADCE drying and I don't need anything on top of it. My mum has dry skin and she uses the skin prep gel and then Vivier 20% serum and then ADCE and that is enough for her.
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:29 am      Reply with quote
I'm usually combi/oily, depending on weather/hormones etc Laughing I found it ok, I can understand people feeling it was to dy because it does dry matt, you get some moisturisers and feel like an oil slick (well I do!).
The only place I sometimes feel I need a bit extra moisture is round the eye area so I dab on some more okusil or a cream with more 'slick' to it - of course it also depends if I'm going for a light make up day or heavier. It's all getting complicated now Laughing Embarassed
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:40 am      Reply with quote
Maybe I should give the ADCE another go, but maybe miss out the prep. Can feel my skin tightening once the prep is on. hmm
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:46 am      Reply with quote
I like that Laughing makes me think it's making the wrinkles decrease.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:04 am      Reply with quote
Actually I find the Relax-a-line very drying too and I'm pretty sure I saw one or two other people on the forum did too. I assumed it was the argeline. My skin's normal usually. I'm still using it, but I have to work in an awful lot of other moisturising layers on top. I was thinking of trying another argeline line when this is finished, but the ACDE seems to have the same effect. Do the others?
shivvie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:39 am      Reply with quote
Hi Molly, I have been thinking about adding an argireline product to my regime, but have become very weary of products being too drying - I am going to check out Esthers secret serum - apparantly its not drying, still contains the 10% argireline, plus other goodies Very Happy
Not sure where the best place to purchase is though - need to do more homework!
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
Vivier TMR is a superb argirilene product if you are concerned about drying.....I have used the ADCE and Vivier TMR - and for me, the difference was very immediate.....Vivier TMR does not make my skin feel dry *at all*...the ADCE didn't dry me out - but it's consistency and feel upon application was entirely different...the difference reminds of that which I find between the vivier vitamin c and Cellex C vitamin C serum...the TMR has alot of slip whereas the ADCE disappears quickly and left my skin feeling like there was nothing on it. It's not necessarily a bad thing, rather just a very different feeling.
Pudoodles
marella
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:48 am      Reply with quote
I have been using the Prep, Alphaderma and Okusil and I always use moisturizer on top of them. Some days they seem more drying than others, but truthfully unless they were actually nicely moisturizing, I wouldn't be able to physically stop myself from applying moisturizer on top of them. Very Happy I can't help myself.

MabsyYour mom uses her C serum on top of the Prep and then the ADCE(which in my case is the Alphaderma)? Is that where we are supposed to put it? I can never keep up. I have been using my C+E before the Prep. Am I totally screwing that up or does it work either way? I want to use it where I get the most benefit without weakening either product.

I was surprised by the JB advice on Retinol and the JB products I'm using, and never even thought to ask about the C+E. It made logical sense to me to use the retinol first as you generally do, but I would have totally blown that. I had just switched from the retinol I had been using to Green Cream and wanted to make sure how to use it with everything so I called. They told me if I felt I needed a retinol product to use it last and waiting as long as possible to put it on. For instance when I did my my usual routine and applied the JB stuff in the evening then I should wait preferably until bedtime if possible to add the retinol. I usually wait a good while. It still seems odd to me, but I try to follow their advice. Once or twice early on, I used the retinol first just out of old habit before I realized it, but I'm doing better.
Mabsy

Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:44 am      Reply with quote
marella wrote:
MabsyYour mom uses her C serum on top of the Prep and then the ADCE(which in my case is the Alphaderma)? Is that where we are supposed to put it? I can never keep up. I have been using my C+E before the Prep. Am I totally screwing that up or does it work either way? I want to use it where I get the most benefit without weakening either product.

Yep. My mum uses the prep first, then applies the Vivier C serum and then applies the Alphaderma CE over the top of that and then Okusil around the eye area. You are actually supposed to use the prep gel first as that can also increase the absorption of the vit C (so I'm told).
marella
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Mabsy. I'll switch that around. I'm not sure why I got started the other way.
Dianeth
5% products discount

Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
*spam removed by Mabsy*
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
[Edited] I will let EDS take care of the spammer.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
mysty, I'm sure I have the same thought in my head that you edited out...I enjoyed the 15 reports of spam I just did in the last 2 minutes...hahaha.... Bad Grin
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:07 am      Reply with quote
he he he, I didn't know there was a way of reporting spam. Thanks for the heads up.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |