Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
help? Clueless about Beauty gadgets
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
cdiezp

Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hello!

For some time, I've been interested in Beauty gadgets, but there's a world of them, and have me pretty confused.

I'm 29, with combo skin and dilated pores, significant wrinkles for my age (eyes/mouth), and some photodamage already surfacing (and quite a bit waiting it's turn). What Beauty devices would get me the most benefits without -if possible- breaking the bank?

Any tips, please?
howInteresting
5% products discount

Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
Gadgets are pricey, not to mention confusing and often worthless, but if you can spend around $100 - $200, or $50 for a few months, an LED light therapy device might be a good first gadget. The learning curve is low and reviews are generally positive.

Light therapy stimulates ATP production, increasing energy in the skin. Young skin is full of energy, lively, fresh, even-toned, and glowing, whereas older or tired skin can look dull, slack, and lifeless. This, to me, is the main benefit of LEDs -- most people comment on how creamy and beautiful their skin looks after about a month or two. LEDs can also moderately stimulate collagen synthesis, which can soften lines and somewhat tighten slack skin. This isn't a huge effect, but on younger skin, it may be all the anti-aging you need.

Patience and consistency are needed, though. If you run to the mirror after a session expecting to see a "changed you", you'll be disappointed. It can take a couple of weeks for the first signs of glow to show up, and collagen synthesis can take months. Take pictures before you start to monitor improvements.

A few ideas (no affiliation to any of these products or sites):

LightStim - a favorite among EDS users (see the uber-helpful "Anti-Aging LightStim" thread and Kassy_A's posts especially). Current LightStim prices on QVC are $199 for the full-size and $139 for the mini. For the budget-minded, QVC often offers easy pay installment payments, plus for this device, a 90-day, no questions asked return policy. So you can try it out, and if you see no results, return it within 90 days for a refund. Another budget idea: call or email lightstim.com to see if there are any holiday specials coming up on QVC or elsewhere.

Sirius Aurora - Amazon's price seems to fluctuate from about $79 to $99. It comes with three light heads: red/IR for anti-aging and healing, blue for acne, and green for pigmentation. (LightStim has one head that combines red/IR and amber, good for wrinkles). Seems like it's about the size of LightStim Mini. Reviews on Amazon as well as EDS are mostly positive (see thread, "Yay! My Sirius Aurora Has Shipped"). But there were some complaints about build quality and customer service. There is a one year warranty, and I think buying from a site like Amazon, with its generous refund policy, can decrease some of the risk.

Illumask - an inexpensive $30 plastic mask with LEDs available at Target, Walmart, etc., that really worked surprisingly well for me. But there's a huge catch -- it's only good for 30 sessions. Then it shuts itself off. Aargh. It's wasteful, I know, but I'm suggesting that you might want to consider buying it one time as a cheap way to give LEDs a trial run before committing to a more expensive device. Some people find they don't like this modality, others don't see results or find it too time consuming. It's good to find that out before sinking a lot of money into it.

As far as time commitment, Illumask sessions are 15 minutes a day; other devices run from about 25-40 minutes or more, 3-4 times a week for a couple of months, than 2 times a week after that. It helps if you can find a natural way to fit it into your schedule. Some people use their LEDs while watching TV or surfing the internet. The Illumask doesn't even allow that, but it's a breeze to have it on while snoozing in bed in the morning with the snooze alarm or just before bed at night.

Sorry this was such a long post. I wanted to hit the major points because so many people seem to just give up because there's such a jumble of information out there. Looking at the LightStim reviews on the QVC site, which though still mostly good, were much less favorable than here on EDS, it hit me that much of the credit for that probably goes to Kassy_A and other veteran posters who helped EDS users to understand these devices. They don't post much any more, but there's a wealth of information in the old threads for you to dig into if you need help. Good luck to you.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |