Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Any face oil recommendation?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Takayama
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:49 am      Reply with quote
The weather has now become very dry, and I learnt from other forum that facial oil is good for retaining moisture of the skin. Much appreciate if anyone can recommend a facial oil that is suitable for dry skin but prone to acne. How about Neal Yards Remedy?
ella-stella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:59 am      Reply with quote
I use EMU OIL. very moisturizing and full of nutrients for the skin.
ella-stella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:03 am      Reply with quote
i forgot to add that, yes it is good for acne prone skin. It absorbs really well and is 100% natural, but not vegan. Because it comes from the Emu bird, it is technically "fat", but it is called Emu Oil on the bottle.
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:35 am      Reply with quote
I like argan oil. But I'm not sure how it does with acne prone skin.
Takayama
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:29 am      Reply with quote
Thanks ella-stella. Sounds nice to have a try of Emu oil. Would you mind share which brand of Emu oil you are using?
Takayama
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:30 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Shasta Girl. I've tried Argan oil before, sounds like it is too rich for acne prone skin.
Takayama
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:55 am      Reply with quote
Hi ella-stella, I just found this on internet - "Research shows that Emu oil has been used for thousands of years as a Natural medicine by the Aborigines of Australia. It was used for arthritis pain relief, to heal wounds, burns, sunburns, and to reduce the pain, itch & swelling of insect bites and stings.".

It looks like Emu oil is a great multi-function product. Could you pls also share whether you apply emu oil on your entire face, or only on areas that need extra care?

Thanks!
Trishiapp
5% products discount

Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
Emu oil for me too. Apart from the wonderful hydrating properties, it also penetrates ( like no other oil can) deep into the skin; in fact it goes all the way to the bone! This is the reason why people use it for arthritic pain relief.

It also allows other actives ( retin a, vit c) to penetrate better. Think of it as a piggy- back ride for other topical substances; for this reason, be very careful you don't have any harsh or poisonous substances on your fingers when applying emu oil to your skin!

I've been using it for a long time and never had any break-outs. Good luck!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:06 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Trishiapp. Any recommendation of Emu oil in the market?
Thanks
Trishiapp
5% products discount

Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:59 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I use the Pure Australian Emu Oil made by MCUK ( sourced from a free range Emu Farm in Australian Bushland. HACCP and GMP certified.) I buy it from Amazon for £8.99.

Admittedly it's a small bottle but, because it's pure, a bottle lasts me about three months ( daily use.)

Generally, I use it am over my vit c serum, followed by broad spectrum sunscreen. In the evening I first apply retin a, followed an hour later by a cupping session using Emu Oil.

Unlike other oils, it sinks into the skin quickly and doesn't sit on top making you look greasy.

Apart from the above, I also use it on my hair, eyelashes, eyebrows, hands, cuticles; you name it and I use it! I know that some people do not like the smell, but for me, the benefits outweigh the fatty smell Smile I absolutely love this stuff!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:37 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Trishiapp. MCUK emu oil is only available online. I found another brand Y-not-Natural (also an Australian brand) available in store. Thanks for your sharing.
frognkisses
5% products discount

Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
I really like emu oil as well. When I decide to try something else and it breaks me out or gives me a rash I go back to emu oil because it makes everything better again. I order from http://www.hairloss-research.org. I've never noticed an odor.
Takayama
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:16 am      Reply with quote
I finally got a Emu oil today. With all your comments, Looking forward to try it out tonight Very Happy
Takayama
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:44 am      Reply with quote
Used emu oil for 2 days ( day & night). I like it so much. My skin is soft and feeling less dry. No breakout so far, indeed it seems like it helps to suppress breakout. A bit oily when apply on face, but it is absorbed quite quickly, and definitely won't affect applying makeup in day time.

Love it, thanks all for your recommendation
Very Happy
maryfrancis3
5% products discount

Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Takayama.
Are you still enjoying the Emu oil? And if so, would you mind letting me know written on the bottle who the manufacturer is.
Sorry to sound so pushy, but I live in Australia and there are many manufacturers of emu oil and of course some will be much better than others.
I have been trying so many face oil products for my skin and have spent thousands upon thousands looking for just the right one, or near enough.
There is so far only one I have been happy with but at $185 for a one month supply, I would love to find something that produces a similar result but is less costly.
Thank you and I hope the emu oil is wonderful for you.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
Sure, mine is Ynot Natural, also from Australia. It's much cheaper than yours. There is limited choice around my region and thus haven't compared mine with the other brand.
havana8

Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:25 am      Reply with quote
You might also find this thread on blended oils helpful: Smile

Blended Oils
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=46876

I haven't tried this myself but since it includes skin-repairing ingredients Ceramide 2 and Cholesterol, it might be worth trying:

Resist Moisture Renewal Oil Booster
Ingredients: Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Echium Plantagineum Seed Oil (all non-fragrant, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant-rich plant oils), Ceramide 2, Cholesterol (skin-repairing ingredients)
http://www.paulaschoice.com/shop/collections/Resist-Anti-Aging/_/Resist-Moisture-Renewal-Oil-Booster/

Skin Actives' ELS Serum is another that is designed to help repair the skin barrier:

ELS Serum (Every Lipid Serum)
Ingredients: Squalane, Rosehip (Rosa rubiginosa ) seed oil, Pomegranate (Punica granatum ) seed oil, Chia (Salvia Hispanica) seed oil, Argan (Argania spinosa) oil, Schizochytrium oil, Soybean (Glycine max, non GMO) Lecithin, Cholesterol Oleyl Carbonate and Cholesteryl Nanoate and Cholesteryl Chloride, Astaxanthin and Tocotrienols and Lycopene and alpha D-Tocopherol and Thioctic Acid and Lutein and beta Carotene, Ceramide-3, Phytosterols, Gamma Oryzanol
http://www.skinactives.com/ELS-Serum-Every-Lipid-Serum-with-Ceramide.html
xxstardustxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
I've recently started using Rodial Stemcell Super food Facial Oil and it seems to suit my skin perfectly.
I've got combination skin with an oily t-zone and the Rodial sinks in and leaves a matt finish very quickly.
Reviews of it seem good and my cc cream layers over the top of it perfectly but I only use 3 drops and that's plenty to cover my face and neck.
maryfrancis3
5% products discount

Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Takayama and Havana.
Smile

5% products discount

Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
wow...I've never heard of people using Emu Oil that's very interesting. I will definitely have to look into that.
canna44
5% products discount

Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:25 am      Reply with quote
Get the overnight treatment oil from Kiehl's! This is surely one of the best! When you put it on before you go to bed, it keeps your face hydrated all not night!!
Lin1313
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:51 am      Reply with quote
Takayama wrote:
Hi ella-stella, I just found this on internet - "Research shows that Emu oil has been used for thousands of years as a Natural medicine by the Aborigines of Australia. It was used for arthritis pain relief, to heal wounds, burns, sunburns, and to reduce the pain, itch & swelling of insect bites and stings.".
It looks like Emu oil is a great multi-function product. Could you pls also share whether you apply emu oil on your entire face, or only on areas that need extra care?
Thanks!

I've got an age spot and I use Monsia Skincare, there is a new product line, a skin lightening cream and one of it's ingredients is emu oil! This thread is great, thanks ladies.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:22 am      Reply with quote
I love the Origins Youth-Renewing oil.
I have tried them all, Dr. H, emu oil, Josie Maran, GOW essential oils, you name it.
I love this one as it is a good combo of 20 plus oils and it doesn't break out my skin at all. Just a drop will do and I dont use it every night, just when I need a little extra nourishment. A little goes a very long way.
http://www.sephora.com/plantscription-tm-youth-renewing-face-oil-P383132?skuId=1560937

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:38 am      Reply with quote
Takayama wrote:
Thanks!

Thank you - I have been dithering on whether or not to buy Monsia Skin Lightening Cream which includes Emu Oil. I now feel much more confident to use it to get rid of my age spot on my left cheek. Thanks for sharing the above information Takayama.
sharky2
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
I have recently been using rose hip oil on my face.
It sinks in and makes my skin look nice.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |