Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

really stubborn wrinkles
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
saucychic

Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
I need advice. I have pretty darn good skin in terms of looking youthful. I am always guessed as younger looking and get compliments for my smooth skin. But I am seeing small lines and I can't get rid of them. I am getting very thin vertical lines above my lips as well as a really ugly line under my right eye that extends down my cheek sort of on a diagonal curve. I am seeing some other very thin lines around and under my eyes. I have had a consultation and was told that botox will not get rid of the line under the right eye bc is caused from my cheek moving, not just from my eyes moving. To prevent the cheek muscle from moving is difficult to do with botox and not recommdended. I am a long time retin-a used (originally for post acne hyperpigmentation) and I also used glycolic acid, vitamin c and don't get much sun. The lines around my eyes and above my lips are not responding to any of these ingredients. I always thought retin-a was the ultimate wrinkles destroyer but I wake up every morning to no improvement. What can I do? I do not want to do fillers or lasers, due to potential risks. Is there any diet, supplement or topical that will eradicate these lines? Will collagen spplements, hyaluronic supplements, silica or gelatin work? I do not want to just temporarily plump these lines up. I want them gone! Having young skin is very important to me. With regard to the lip lines, I do not smoke and don't drink obsessively out of water bottles. Btw, I am 38, but have always looked much younger and I don't want to lose that. Please help me!
saucychic

Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
I guess since no one has replied, that there is no solution for me. Has anyone out there managed to reverse these lines? Or should I give up and just accept this as a normal, inevitable part of aging?
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
You do not mention your age, but over time everyone loses some of the fat under the skin. In addition with age related loss of collagen, the face sags in predictable ways. On top of all that, we lose bone support around the eye and in the chin area, starting about 35.

Have you thought about volume replacement (facial exercise, fillers)? Speaking only for myself, I have noticed a reduction in wrinkles just from regularly sleeping on my back. Costs nothing and effective! I also use the other big guns of filler and exercise. Every little bit helps and there has been a change for many of us using these methods.

Lots of reading on EDS, and one can learn a lot by reading back postings.
Trishiapp
5% products discount

Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
Could it be sleep wrinkles? Perhaps you could try sleeping either on your back ( alas, I cannot do it) or use satin pillows ( I use those with great success.)

Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
I have considered that sleep wrinkles might be a factor. I have bought 2 special pillows but I simply cannot sleep on my back, with either pillow or not. I cannot get into a real sleep unless I sleep on my side or back. Also, even if they are sleep wrinkles, shouldn't retin-a, etc still make some difference? How well does the satin pillowcase work? I wonder if I should look into getting a peel or dermabrasion. Maybe that would eradicate these lines and I can still sleep comfortably. I have read that a phenol peel has the risk of de-pigmenting the skin but that it gives amazing results. Would a tca peel help? I have a problem with hyperpigmentation, so I need something that is safe. I have brown hair, brown eyes, and get purple and red marks following breakouts that last FOREVER. I had a glycolic peel years ago and got burnt and was left with more discoloration. This has mostly faded, but I still have 'zit marks' and hyperpigmentation in general. Another reason for retin-a. I just wish something would work. I am going to use the retin-a every night for 6 months and hope that it makes some difference. Then I am looking into a peel. Thanks for the suggestions and if there are any more, I'd love to hear them!
rmc7
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
I also thought that a peel would be a good place for you to start, but not a Phenol peel. I doubt you would find a Dr. Who would do one for the amount of damage that you have. Besides it would cost huge piles of money for that. Try going to skin-peel.com they have a great assortment of peels and a vast amount of info available for you. After the reaction to the Glycolic peel start light , keep the time short, moisturizer the hell out of your skin afterwards, lots of hylauronic acid.

5% products discount

Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:17 am      Reply with quote
So far, the satin pillow cases work like a charm; I use to wake up with lines under my left eye ( I'm a left- side sleeper) but not any longer!

Gosh, Phenol peel is very drastic procedure that requires general anaesthetic. Personally, due to risks associated with general anaesthesia, I would not consider it. Have you thought about micro needling? Or perhaps facial cupping/ exercises? Obviously the non-cosmetic procedures are not a quick fix, but with time, dedication and consistency, you should eventually see some good results.

I think any wrinkle treatment programme requires a multi-facet approach: the right nutrition, scientifically proven topicals, active life-style, reduced stress, enough sleep, the right supplements and, as mentioned, other collagen boosting techniques.

Having said all of of that, we are individuals, so oftentimes, it is trial and error.

Good luck!

5% products discount

Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:44 am      Reply with quote
Forgot to mention... We are the same age, so if you are interested in what I do ( others have posted some useful info too) please go over to 'How old do you look' thread.

Thanks to my daily routine, I have no wrinkles,fine lines, sagging,acne or any other problems with my skin.

Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
I did buy a dermaroller and have only used it a few times. I don't really think it does anything. Its a .2 mm that was recommended to me by someone who does the medical version as well. She said she thought I would be better off using one at home along with retin-a, glycolic and a growth factors cream. I haven't seen improvement with any of these. Maybe I didn't give it much of a chance. For those of you have managed to remove stubborn lines with retin-a, how long did it take? I have just restarted using it, so just a few nights, but as I said I have used it since I was a teenager off and on.
Can you also tell me more about the facial cupping? Is this an at home machine? Is it easy to use, does it hurt?
I used the retin-a again last night and the ugly eye wrinkle is still there, as well as the hideous upper lip wrinkles. Am I expecting too much too soon? Or should I try a medical level dermaroller treatment? What about peptides? Or as I mentioned earlier, will collagen or silica supplements get rid of them? The eye wrinkle in particular, is probably in part an expression line, bc I see it move when I smile and also when I talk, etc. I am getting so discouraged. I have been using the right products, so what is left to do?
I just ordered a new 20% vitamin c serum (only used 5% before),a 10% glycolic serum (also up from 5%), a nianacinamide serum and neocell collagen plus c liquid supplement. They should arrive in a few days.
I don't believe I have lost any volume in my face, but sure its possible. But I think fillers look fake and don't want to do that.I just want the retin-a to work. In the past, I would see improvements with the retin-a right away, which is why I always felt so confident that it would keep my skin young. Now, seeing zero improvement, I am worried.
Takayama
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:09 am      Reply with quote
For wrinkles, I think the only way to tackle them is to undergo those treatments (e.g laser, microdermabasion). Skincare stuff can only help prevent wrinkles from appearing.
MargaretScott
5% products discount

Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:03 pm      Reply with quote
There are several ways to somehow minimize your wrinkles and make it not so visible. When you go outside, it is important to use sunscreen with at least SPF 30. UV rays from the sun is one causes of wrinkles. You can also use natural products to be applied on your face like grape seed Oil, coconut oil, mashed avocado, cucumbers, citric fruit and castor oil. Also use products with Vitamin E.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
Most wrinkles are expression lines. If you want to become a robot, then you will have no wrinkles.

Also, how have your parents aged? Your skin is genetically programmed. My friend has thin, papery skin that looked great in her twenties but after forty she started getting lots of fine lines all over her face. My mother had oily skin into old age and my skin is oilier than most older women. Oily skin is thicker.

I use filler, botox and Retin A. I like a natural look so have no botox below my eyes, only at the outer corners. If you find a skilled injector you will not look fake. Bad plastic surgeons do bad surgery. Bad injectors make you look bad. My nurse has injected so many people over the years that she got carpal tunnel syndrome and now uses a special machine operated by a foot pedal so she doesn't have to squeeze her hand.

You sound very impatient, wanting instant results. That is a recipe for disaster since you will believe wild claims and try too many things and wind up ruining your skin, as we've seen many times on this forum.

Are you single so afraid of looking older? Men are more concerned with body shape than a few wrinkles.
Trishiapp
5% products discount

Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
I think you are so right Softskin.

Time and patience is very important when it comes to improving one's skin. I am very suspicious when I hear about new miracle creams or treatments.

Retin a is very effective, but, yet again, it doesn't work over-night. Even with long term use, any changes are very subtle. Having said that, I find it useful as a preventative measure.

Besides, looking youthful is not only about wrinkle reduction; clear and even skin tone is just as important, if not more so.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |