Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

stretch marks...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
juls_sal
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone out there suffer from stretch marks?

If so, have you been able to find a remedy.

I've been to dermatologists, estheticians but haven't had any luck so far.

Thanks in advance.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
I'm curious about this too. I got stretch marks during a growth spurt when I was about 13. I was really skinny and suddenly got tall.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
there is a new treatment performed by estheticians called scar camouflage which pigments the stretch mark to the surrounding skin but after my consultation she didn't think it was a good idea since the treatment could make it worse and there are no guarantees that the pigment used will match your skin colour.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
basically they tattoo over your stretch marks.

If the marks are still red you can get significant help from laser therapy from a dermatologist/cosmetic surgeon.

Unfortunately there's not much you can do once they turn white because they've lost all pigment. It's not going to come back.

The best thing I've found is to use a self tanner.
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with lianne, self tanner is the best way to go if they are already white. Otherwise not too much you can do except accept them.
maddy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
i have found cocoa butter to be fantastic for stretch marks- it seems to fade any old marks, and it definitely prevents new ones. also, it smells lovely and is inexpensive.
i have also found fake tan good, like others on here. i have had some tanning accidents tho (but i bet everyone has at least once Laughing )

maddy
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
if you have problems with self tanner there's always the spray on mystic tan booths. There's a few in vancouver...but I haven't tried it yet.

I seem to have decent luck applying self tanners.

I also saw st tropez has a remover now so if you do mess up you can fix it
juls_sal
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:41 am      Reply with quote
so how do you use a self tanner?

do you apply it only on the stretch marks or the whole area?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe have it professionally done first. Used all over, fake tan will even out your skin tone and cover stretch marks- a little like the actiona of bronzer or foundation on your face. It won't get rid of the marks, but it will make them less noticeable.

maddy
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:52 pm      Reply with quote
I use it all over too....and if the marks still show I'll sometimes put some tanner on a q-tip and apply to them only...but only do it lightly and blend it in otherwise you'll get dark streaks
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:07 am      Reply with quote
I would apply the self tanner an entire area, not just the stretch marks. TanTowel self tanning towelettes are very easy to use, and I haven't had any streaking...just exfoliate and then moisturize very well first.
juls_sal
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:37 am      Reply with quote
my complexion is tan and i don't think i need a self tanner all over.

so would i be able to use the self tanner on the stretch marks alone instead of the whole area or would it be too obvious ?

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:28 am      Reply with quote
Prescription retinoids (think Tretinoin) applied to the area(s) should fade stretch marks over time. You might want to make an appointment with your dermatologist to discuss options. If you'd really like to get rid of them, there are lasers that can help alleviate the appearance. Good luck!
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
You can try just putting it on the stretch marks, and see how it looks. You might have to try out a couple, to find one that matches your natural colouring.
MacadamiaNut

Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:34 am      Reply with quote
Rosehip Seed Oil is very good for healing stretch marks and generally improving the texture of the skin.
userdefined
5% products discount

Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:02 am      Reply with quote
Bio Oil is meant to be good. I've just started using it myself so I'll keep you posted.
juls_sal
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:39 am      Reply with quote
where would i find Rosehip Seed Oil or Bio Oil?

5% products discount

Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
I expect you can find them both online, Bio Oil is sold in most high street chemists in the UK, probably the US and Canada too.
juls_sal
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:58 am      Reply with quote
so how's bio oil working out for you so far?

Mon May 02, 2005 3:56 am      Reply with quote
I've been using Bio-Oil for probably around 2 weeks now. I try to use it twice a day, but don't get around to doing that often.

It actually seems to be working pretty well. No miracles, but it seems to me as if the marks are fading. One thing it does do though is make the skin really soft, and you can't feel the marks like before. So I guess that's a bonus, especially in the dark Wink.

Have you girls found that guys notice/mind the marks?
freak_in_cage
5% products discount

Mon May 02, 2005 6:01 am      Reply with quote
check out these websites (i belong to this forum- i even did a search for you! Very Happy )

http://www.muscletalk.co.uk/m_75374/mpage_1/key_stretch%252Cmarks/tm.htm#75377

http://www.muscletalk.co.uk/m_76585/mpage_1/key_stretch%252Cmarks/tm.htm#76591

http://www.muscletalk.co.uk/m_373386/mpage_1/key_stretch%252Cmarks/tm.htm#373591

http://www.muscletalk.co.uk/m_348855/mpage_1/key_stretch%252Cmarks/tm.htm#348867

bodybuilders get stretch marks badly if they cut their body fat by a decent amount when coming up to a competition!
juls_sal
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 02, 2005 10:44 am      Reply with quote
yup, guys notice and mind them too. so they have two choices either get used to it or go to hell.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 02, 2005 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
juls_sal wrote:
yup, guys notice and mind them too. so they have two choices either get used to it or go to hell.

Laughing

Tue May 03, 2005 3:05 am      Reply with quote
Hrrmph. Neutral I know they're common but it still rules out comfortably wearing a bikini.
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 04, 2005 2:57 am      Reply with quote
http://www.bio-oil.info/key_ingredients.html

this is fine but I've got a bottle and it does contain...damn what's it called..like baby oil so I wonder about the penetrative properties of it.
I am trialing one from JB and have an order due from EDS with stretch mark/treatment type products in it. (I've started bellydancing so have to look after the body as well as the face Cool )

Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:48 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |