Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Facial hair???what everyone does...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mithai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
How do you get ris of facial hair...if you have it?I am not talking about just upper lip....I have a lot of fine hair on my cheeks and while its not too noticeable. but once or twice when I got them waxed on a whim(ouch!)..my face looked so much better. how to get rid of them?
mithai
WaveMaker

Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
If you can afford it, I think laser hair removal is the best. But I don't think it works well for fine/blond/white hair. Maybe electrolysis? I've also heard a lot of people say that for their cheek area they do threading. I've never tried that, so I'm not sure how much it hurts, etc. Tried almost everything else, though Rolling Eyes Lasers have worked the best for me.
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:53 am      Reply with quote
I am tweezer happy when it comes to my upper lip. I am allergic to wax so plucking is it. It hurt for the first few times and then you get use to it.
KARINA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:00 am      Reply with quote
I've been waxing my face from the age of 18...... Rolling Eyes ........straight after waxing, i develop lumps........which are supposed to be ingrown hairs............and then the bumps turn into blemishes which take ages to heal...........recently i have tried threading.......i did get a patch test done on my arm - when lasers first came out...........it left a big mark...........so now i still wax my face..........but now i have started to use PFBVanish........which is solely used when waxing or other hair removal method............you apply it 2 days before waxing............it's too early to tell - if it's worked.......as i only waxed my face last night............ Crying or Very sad ..........regards Karina
Mabsy

Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:34 am      Reply with quote
I wax. But when it comes to my lip, when I am lazy I just use one of those bendy springy things that was recommended to me on the forum before. It works quite well but don't be fooled by the description, it *does* hurt!

ETA: Found it! http://threading-hair-removal.com/index.html
Medusa
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:55 am      Reply with quote
Thread or bleach the facial hair. The dark hairs will be less noticable on ur face if u bleach. (Jolen, Boots facial bleach etc.)

Medusa
maddy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:24 am      Reply with quote
i also found bleaching the best- just on upper lip. i have tried to wax it myself- not a good idea and i would not recommend to anyone.
the threading does sound interesting tho. perhaps will try.

take care

maddy
ktsweets
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
I also have a bit of that "peach fuzz" all over my face, that fine/almost colorless hair... I was interested in getting laser hair removal for it, but was told that it can only be used on pigmented/dark hairs (it needs the pigment to zap the root). So, for now I just let it be (you really can't notice it much, except in sunlight), I'm too scared to try & wax my face... I would worry the hair would grow back thicker/stubbly, and right now it's baby fine. If I get a few darker hairs here & then, I either pluck or bleach them. That seems to work prety good...
jools
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
I too have a few darker hairs on my upper lip so have recently been trying 'Epil-Pro' - a sound wave based hair removal system that with time should be permanent. I've been told it will take a while and to expect treatments about every 3/4 weeks. It's only been about 3 months but there is already a noticable weakening in the hairs. It involves tweezing but with the sound waves working also so a form of electrolysis (I'm sure they have a web site that explains it much better than I can!!)

It is too early for me to give a definitive view on it but for small areas definately worth consideration.
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
Dear jools - I tried an appliance that was either an Epil-Pro or else very similar. I kept at it for a while, but it never had any permanent effect. Does yours say to grasp the hair and hold it for a while until it slides out without tugging? This took me forever!!! I have dark eyebrows and was hoping to replace the tweezing process, since I hate the little black dots that appear for a few days before the hair is long enough to grasp with a tweezer. I had to give up.

Now that I'm perimenopausal, I've noticed the dreaded peach fuzz forming on my cheeks and chin. Tweezing isn't recommended as it may make the hairs grow back courser Shock. So I bought a mini razor/wand called Finishing Touch which works great!

And mithai, I wouldn't wax your face if you use any kind of acid products (AHA, BHA, Retin-A, etc.) unless you stop for a few days to build up the outer layer of skin -- you could end up making your face raw.
KARINA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:45 am      Reply with quote
Jools...............i tried epil pro after expecting my 2nd child..........for 2 years.......on my face including my eyebrows.........and towards the end i noticed that the hair on my eyebrows was actually growing back thicker Mad
I asked the beauty therapist why this was.......and she replied.....that it was my hormones.......... Shock

Anyway........all i can say is that Epil Pro just makes money for the beauty therapists........they charge you an enormous amount on the cream that you use after Epil Pro....which basically is just a hair retarding cream.........compare the ingredients to Kalo (another hair retardent cream)..........go to www.consumerbeware.com all they talk about is hair removal...........and Epil pro is never raved about at all...................It's a site that discusses all the hair removal sites........and the participants are also professional beauty therapists......(it's a non profit making site)...just genuine advice....

All i can say.......don't waste your money on Epil Pro.........i also noticed results after a few months..........but then after spending many hundreds of pounds.........i was greatly dissapointed....... Mad

And have you ever noticed......if you ask the beauty therapist....will Epil Pro completely eradicate the hair........you will never get a concrete answer............???

regards Karina
mithai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:44 am      Reply with quote
Yes m.april....i was once on Retin-A and waxed my upper lip ....I waxed my skin off..and was left with a wound which took weeks to heal.

Retin-A did wonders for my skin, evened the tone, cleared up acne etcetc...but it made my face so raw and tender that I couldnt tolerate DH's stubble. I stopped since that was a price I was not willing to pay Smile ...I guess I rambled Rolling Eyes
juls_sal
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:21 am      Reply with quote
i was told by an aesthetician that abnormal hair growth is due to a hormonal imbalance. No matter what you do facial hair will grow back until you fix it.

if you're looking for permanent hair loss especially the face i would recommend electrolysis.

i've been going for electrolysis treatments since i was 17,now at 25 after a lot of commitment of weekly treatments which continued on to bi weekly my facial hair has completely disappeared.

Certain things to keep in mind, you shouldn't wax or tweeze the hair. Virgin hair i.e. hair that hasn't been tweezed, threaded or waxed will bring out better, faster results. Longevity of the procedure varies from person to person.

With electrolysis the hair is removed one at a time, while lazer covers a larger area.

I've never considered lazer treatment for the face but that could be an option.

It all depends on how much you're willing to spend.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:23 am      Reply with quote
I've used the Finishing Touch also. Happy to hear I'm not the only one. It was creepy at first-like you are really "shaving" Embarassed but I got over it. Have many of the older women on the forum experienced changes in hair growth on the face due to hormone drops? I'm wondering if that is what is going on with me or if I have just been staring at the magnifying mirror for too long Exclamation

I admire the commitment to electrolysis, but if I started now, I would be dead by the time I completed it
Laughing Completely hairless, but still dead Wink joani
Less Patchy
5% products discount

Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:13 am      Reply with quote
I'm perimenopausal. Last summer I noticed an alarming amount of fine white hair in a typical male beard pattern when sunscreen wouldn't disappear as I rubbed it on my cheeks or chin. I also developed sporadic new dark hairs around my eyes and temples, and dark sideburns. Both freaked me out. As an aside, I don't understand why women bleach hair instead of removing it because my white hair is very visible.

I first tried Serious Skin depilatory. At various times I left it on from 4 to 10 minutes. No effect on removing hair at less than 10 minutes, and at 10 minutes my skin was irritated and I had to rub very hard to remove hair, and it had no effect on my chin. Then I tweezed for 30 to 40 minutes at a time but this also irritated my skin and I broke out in zits. I tried one laser treatment. I didn't research it enough as I later discovered laser doesn't work at all on fine white hair. Yet they took my money. They warned me skin with a tendency to hyperpigment can darken with laser treatment. As I have hyperpigmenation the technician consulted with a physician to determine which laser setting was appropriate for me. Ironically, after one treatment, I had a patch of hypopigmentation on my cheek. Then I was waxed. Horrible zits afterwards. Then I was threaded. Absolutely horrible experience. The woman spent 25 minutes on my face yet I still had facial hair in places as threading merely broke hairs at their mid-point. It felt like she kept going over the same areas. The thread frequently broke, and thread held taut against my face and dragged repeatedly over the same area was uncomfortable. My face was red for 12 hours then I broke out in major zits. In desperation I discussed hair removal with my doctor. She recommended shaving and dispelled the myth of the hair growing faster or more coarse from shaving. She shaves herself. So what now works for me is every 3 to 4 weeks I shave. I find any disposable razor with a double blade and pivoting head works fine with a decent shave cream for sensitive skin. And I can confirm my hair hasn't grown back any faster, thicker or coarser, and shaving does not give me zits.

Someone told me this wacky hair growth stops after menopause. My fingers are crossed.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:52 am      Reply with quote
Seeing as though facial hair growth is hormonal - why not try homeopathy - I posted up my own experiences in the product review forum, I did not go due to facial hair but I do know that homeopthy will correct hormone imbalances, esp good for post child birth and the menapause and there can't be much price difference between that and laser treatment.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:13 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |