Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Trying to see if weight loss is best
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
qowpele
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:48 pm      Reply with quote
So I just turned twenty three about a month and a week ago.

I monitor my face usually every few months in order to see whats going on with me what problem areas I should go after, etc.

Today I took a photo with the exact same earrings in along with the same shirt on, with the same lighting and position in my restroom, as a photo I took roughly 7 months ago of myself.

So both photos are generally the same conditions, however the only thing that has changed is me in the photo.

My question is this.

Do any of you notice that in the first photo (the one where I am still 22, from 8 months ago, that my face looks like a slightly different shape?) It seems that my face was slimmer back then by a bit (as I weighed about 4 pounds less I think)

Then in the second photo I have posted here, do you notice that my face (especially around the lips and jawline) seems rounder?

I mean I see that the dark circles under my eyes have gotten slightly worse as well as my nasolabial folds, with time (I may be noticing this only but maybe you do too), but in terms of my facial shape, does my face seem a bit chubbier towards the bottom in the second (most recent) photo?

I ask because if that is the case, I'll be looking to lose just a few pounds to get that more tapered look that I THINK I used to have) I just need your opinions ladies

http://s1013.photobucket.com/user/robbypm7/media/image_23.jpg.html?sort=3&o=24

http://s1013.photobucket.com/user/robbypm7/media/0107151822.jpg.html?sort=3&o=12

Now just to add, I ask you guys this because I sincerely think that my face was a bit slimmer in the first photo, and I believe that is a better look on me (I am gay male but appreciate any female input as well)... I just wanna make sure I am not imagining this because I think there is a subtle difference but I feel it is definitely there.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:16 am      Reply with quote
Well Robby at 23 you are a baby and a very handsome guy.

From what I can see looking at the second photo compared to the first is that your face looks fuller for sure. Yes your first photo has you seeming slimmer facially wise, but the 2nd photo doesn’t show you as being unattractive – far from it.

To me the NLs look more prominent in the first photo than they do in the 2nd for example. Also in the first photo your stubble is more noticeable so it creates a shadow effect on your jawline, but if you were to ignore that your face looks pretty darn similar in both photos. Yes it looks fuller but not in a bad way. I don’t see anything darker or untoward with your eyes either.

Now when it comes to losing weight – be careful. I got into facial exercises when I lost a large amount of weight in my 50’s and everything sagged. I lost weight the “right” way by eating healthy and doing slim fast and it worked for me and my body but my face sagged to no end when the weight came off and it needed time to undo.
qowpele
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
Well thank you very much thersamary.

Flexeffect just got here yesterday so I am quite excited for that.

At least I wasn't imagining it.......I feel the fuller face makes me look even younger in certain aspects which is why I do not like it too much. I feel it makes me look too boyish and that the slimmer face makes me seem a bit more like my real age and more of an attractive look which I like (but maybe that is just my opinion and not of the masses)..... I am not trying to toot my own horn so to speak about my looks. It is just that for my new years resolution I really really want to do everything in my power to look the best I have ever been.

So I guess my face was slimmer there and if so, I can certainly, to be safe take off 2-3 pounds rather than 5 to remain in the middle of that look, rather than going all the way one way, or all the way the other
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:58 am      Reply with quote
I would really say to you to speak with trainers at Flexeffect. Young people need to work out differently than us older folk because they are not dealing with dreaded aging stuff like sag etc. I have read about younger folk doing good programs and ending up with awkward results and am sure it is due to age so really want to put a shout out there (not just Flexeffect mind you but others too).

Well with fuller face, the often aging process makes people look gaunter and less full so if anything that’s a good thing you got going for you.

With weight, depends how you lose it and the type of body you have. My body when I lose or gain weight I tend to gain it all over, not in just one place but my hubby when he loses weight loses it from just his torso which suits him fine.
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:49 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |