Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Help - must find natural moisturizer
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hello ,
I am looking for a natural moisturizer (pls don't suggest olay or garnier or such) for combination sensitive skin.
I have used Dr. Hauschka a lot, light Rose, then Revitalizing and then Quince. Quince I liked the best but i found that my forehead was shining and cheeks were too dry.
I am currently having some sort of a rash around right eye that started on the forehead, so I am not using anything while waiting for it to clear.
I tried Pevonia combination moisturizer, but I am not a fan of of ingredients, nor packaging.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I was thinking of trying Eminence gel moisturizer.

I do realize that with Natural choices are more limited, nevertheless hope someone has suggestions.
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:38 am      Reply with quote
Is there something specific you are sensitive or allergic to?

Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:24 am      Reply with quote
Have you tried Pai Skin Care? They have a few moisturizers. Blissoma is another that might be worth a look--I've repurchased several of their products over time and quite like them. Also Andalou Naturals seems to have a few that are well liked. HTHs!
mkajordan

Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:10 am      Reply with quote
You can look into Origins and see if they have what you might be looking for. As stated before Andalou Naturals have some good products.
heyheymonster
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
Personally I suggest the body deli line Smile
Debb3485
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
zverenok wrote:
Hello ,
I am looking for a natural moisturizer (pls don't suggest olay or garnier or such) for combination sensitive skin.
I have used Dr. Hauschka a lot, light Rose, then Revitalizing and then Quince. Quince I liked the best but i found that my forehead was shining and cheeks were too dry.
I am currently having some sort of a rash around right eye that started on the forehead, so I am not using anything while waiting for it to clear.
I tried Pevonia combination moisturizer, but I am not a fan of of ingredients, nor packaging.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I was thinking of trying Eminence gel moisturizer.

I do realize that with Natural choices are more limited, nevertheless hope someone has suggestions.

I'd recommend Andalou Naturals. I'm currently using their Revitalize Age Defying Fruit Stem Cell serum and just started using their Super Goji Peptide Perfecting cream. Plan to try their Resveratol & COQ10 Night cream next. I'm also using their Citrus Verbena body lotion which has a wonderful scent and helps hydrate my very dry skin. Andalou Naturals can be found in organic grocery stores like Whole Foods and Roots (which is currently running a sale) and online at Vitacost & iherb. I've read a lot of rave reviews on various websites. I've been using the fruit stem cell serum for about a month & I think it has helped to make my skin softer & clearer. I do plan to repurchase.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:59 am      Reply with quote
You say you are looking for a "natural moisturizer" but then mention a list of manufactured moisturisers which whilst made with natural ingredients are anything but natural.

Have you thought about moisturising with a natural oil. Oils are great and you get different oils with different properties. For example Rosehip contains a lot of vitamins that help the skin, Avocado is a lighter oil which again has vitamins for the skin. Castor Oil is great for dry skins (I have dry skin) and love that oil.
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:43 am      Reply with quote
I didn't think i was allergic to anything to be honest. My doctor confirmed the rash was caused by something i put on face - other than moisturizer nothing goes on it.
Pevonia i ordered may not be fresh so maybe it cause it - but wonder why such a delayed response.
Doc said to throw out all i have and get a fresh one.

Now in terms of natural - I am all into natural and have suggested pure oils myself to others. But with Canadian winters, dry indoors, freezing outdoors, rush to get to work and all - I don't find the time to treat myself to that even though maybe i should.
At the same time, oil alone doesn't seem to work on my dry cheeks, and leaves me shiny on T-zone. So it's a long road of finding the right combination oils etc.

Andalou Naturals looks like a nice line - the ingredients list especially. Dont like the fact that it's in a jar - introduces bacteria. Any idea if it's sold in Canada?

The Pai looks really nice - dispenser is good, and so are ingredients and seems to fit the description to my skin nicely. Same question - is it sold in Canada?

Also http://www.blissoma.com/Smooth--A-Perfecting-Serum_p_52.html this looks real nice. Have no idea what to chose though Smile
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
There is a great Canadian skincare line by Living Libations; PAI has some nice products. Right now I am trying Amazonian Skincare products and really like them.

HTH

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
While Rosehip oil has great description, it also has the following caution on NewDirectionsAromatics:

Cautions: Rosehip Oil may aggravate acne in high concentrations, and for some individuals, it may cause sensitivity to light if it gets into their eyes.

So what is considered high concentration? If you take pure Rosehip oil and apply to face? I am thinking I have also used Dr. H face oil on around the breakout, and thinking maybe that made me break out?
Debb3485
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
If you are going to try an oil, try marula oil. Here's an article as to the benefits of marula oil. Here's part of the article: "Marula Oil contains roughly 60 percent more antioxidants than other beauty oils like argan oil or grapeseed oil, in addition to higher levels of fatty acids like Omega 6 and 9 - which set this oil apart from others on the market." The fatty acids in marula are really hydrating and nourishing says (Dr.) Kim, "while the antioxidants like Vitamins C and E protect your skin from sun exposure and pollution, and can even help reverse the damage that's already there." These benefits make marula a good anti-ager and its ultra-moisturizing properties make it a great addition to your winter beauty regimen."

https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/should-you-try-marula-oil-107615393653.html
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:21 am      Reply with quote
Which oil were you using? Not every oil functions the same. I have dry skin and so for me I have to have the heavier moisturising oils but I have friends with oily skin and they have to go for the lighter ones.
zverenok wrote:
Now in terms of natural - I am all into natural and have suggested pure oils myself to others. But with Canadian winters, dry indoors, freezing outdoors, rush to get to work and all - I don't find the time to treat myself to that even though maybe i should.
At the same time, oil alone doesn't seem to work on my dry cheeks, and leaves me shiny on T-zone. So it's a long road of finding the right combination oils etc.
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
There is a very expensive brand on the Spirit Beauty site called Yuli. In the past I've always made my own oil serums with essential oils and a variety of unrefined 'heavy' oils (I have never had a break out problem and have dry skin) like hemp, evening primrose, chia, etc., but now we are moving around too much (internationally)for me to do so.
Anyway, this brand is supposed to have serums good for all skin types (including acne and mature skin) and contains no alcohols from any source and no citrus essential oils (both of which i do not like)and is truly a natural line.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
havana8

Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:
There is a very expensive brand on the Spirit Beauty site called Yuli. In the past I've always made my own oil serums with essential oils and a variety of unrefined 'heavy' oils (I have never had a break out problem and have dry skin) like hemp, evening primrose, chia, etc., but now we are moving around too much (internationally)for me to do so.
Anyway, this brand is supposed to have serums good for all skin types (including acne and mature skin) and contains no alcohols from any source and no citrus essential oils (both of which i do not like)and is truly a natural line.

Yuli has some great products. I've loved the few products I've tried thus far over the last year or so.
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
Try Grateful Body - love their moisturizers and natural approach

Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:56 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |