Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
ILP/Laser/RF/Retin A Damage = Epidermal damage?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
I have been reading Carl Thornfeldt's book "New Ideal in Skin Health" and as some of you will know he puts a lot of emphasis on the maintenance of the skins barrier function and how important this is for anything that causes controlled inflammation to have a beneficial outcome your skins barrier must be intact.

I know I cannot speak for every individual who as had damage post Radio Frequency, Laser or ILP but it strikes me that they have a fair amount in common people who feel their skin has been damaged by Retin A type products. Thining skin, bumpy orange peel texture, more breakouts, premature ageing, hollow crepy eyes.
I have the tria laser, and a home RF device. The Tria is of course drying especially as I used it on skin already weakened by Retin A. I have used the Newa device only a few times and I felt it really did dry out my skin.

All these treatments such as ILP, Retin A and acid peels are quite aggressive methods of dealing with ageing or problem skin. I know that I have had the same large pores, thin skin and bad texture from over using retin a and acid type products, even now because I never learn!

Anyway it stand to reason to me that a person paying a lot of money for medispa type treatments may also be likely to be using in conjuction other treatments and products to perhaps agressively treat the problems whether it is wrinkles or acne. So that while each of these treatments may work in principle to treat a skin issue when all heaped on one poor epidermis at one time it becomes hopelessly compromised and a state of chronic inflammation sets in leaving the skin vulnerable to accelerated aging, infection and so on.

I know I have been there trying to deal with my acne and the worse it gets the more trouble I've kept heaping on my skin trying to get results.

This is all pretty much in the book (although I am only just at the start) still but it makes a lot of sense that if your epidermis is damaged and can't do its job then the skin will suffer. I should make clear that in the book he states some inflammation is good for the skin but that the skins barrier should always be restored as quickly as possible. If this isn't happening post treatment or during long term use of retinods and other acids then perhaps this is largely or at least partly resposible for the damage many people experiance, which will worsen over time if not properly allowed to heal.

I guess that to do this its best to allow the epidermis to grow back fully and to treat the skin very gently as it does so avoiding all exfoliation (very difficult and counter intuitve given all we hear about exfoliation). I don't think it is a quick recovery, I did speak to a beauty therapist who said skin needed to go though at least 3 renewal cycles to fully repair from this kind of damage, maybe longer depending on the nature of the damage and the age of the indivdual.

I will continue to read this facinating book but wonder what others think of this and if they think that damage done in this way is not permanent but in fact can be healed by allowing the epidermis to regenerate naturally?
junglebeauty
5% products discount

Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
That sounds right to me, according to the information I've been manically reading about copper peptide damage. The "Retin A creating open pores and bad texture" thread also mentions some supplements I will try out. I'm hoping (praying) that I will come out of this with even better skin with everything I'm learning about skin barrier!
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
I am sure it will improve it just needs time and restrained care. I think supplements are important as well as sleep, diet and exercise to stimulate the biogenesis of new mitochondria. I think perhaps very gentle face massage may also help, but perhaps not right away, best to get
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |