Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dermarolling bags under the eyes!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Oldfield
5% products discount

Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi to everyone,

after visiting this forum for about two years I thought I should register and post this topic and share my experience with you. I hope I can be of help. Sorry for my English, it is not my native language. I'm a 46 year old male and had a midfacelift in 2013. Unfortunately it left me with a bag under my left eye which didn't look nice. One day I was brave or stupid enough to use a 1.5 mm dermastamp and treated the area under the left eye and especially the bag. I got as close to the lower lid as possible by pulling down the skin. I know that it isn't advised but I was kind of desperate. The stamping left me with the usual blood spots and swelling, but nothing too shocking. After that I put on vitamin A creme. I somehow wasn't surprised that the bag got less puffy with every session. Up to now I have done it about 4 times every few weeks and the bag is almost gone. I am extremely happy with the result. The under eye area looks very good and years younger.
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:31 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for posting this and congratulations on your good results! I have been wondering what needling can do for eyebags but haven't been able to find much information. I bought a My-M dermapen off of Ebay and did a thorough roll at a .5 on Jan. 2. I have been rolling with traditional rollers .5-1.5 for years but much prefer the dream pen. I was always scared to use a traditional dermaroller under the eyes but the pen seems more controlled to me, so I got right up into the corners and up to the lash line. I have decided to do 4-6 sessions every 4 weeks. I think the max that is recommended for undereye is .25 because you can go all the way up to the lash line without pulling down at that length. I accidentally had mine set on a .5 and did the whole thing before I realized. I'll stick with that since it worked. 1.5 is pretty scarry. 😳 I had swelling and the pinpoint red bruising, but that was diminished by day three. It's too early to see real results on the eyebags for me, but I am excited to hear that you have gotten good results.

How long did the swelling, redness, and pinpoint bruising last for you? Did that diminish with each session? I wasn't comfortable in public until day 3. 😣

5% products discount

Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Tonia,

the swelling only lasts for two days max and it isn't that heavy. The bruising lasts for about three to four days.
I thought a lot about what made the bag slowly disappear and came to the conclusion that the needles might hit the fat depot and destroy it. But that's just my two cents. I do know for sure that you need longer needles. 0.5 just won't do.
Ollie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:11 pm      Reply with quote
Oldfield wrote:
Hi to everyone,

after visiting this forum for about two years I thought I should register and post this topic and share my experience with you. I hope I can be of help. Sorry for my English, it is not my native language. I'm a 46 year old male and had a midfacelift in 2013. Unfortunately it left me with a bag under my left eye which didn't look nice. One day I was brave or stupid enough to use a 1.5 mm dermastamp and treated the area under the left eye and especially the bag. I got as close to the lower lid as possible by pulling down the skin. I know that it isn't advised but I was kind of desperate. The stamping left me with the usual blood spots and swelling, but nothing too shocking. After that I put on vitamin A creme. I somehow wasn't surprised that the bag got less puffy with every session. Up to now I have done it about 4 times every few weeks and the bag is almost gone. I am extremely happy with the result. The under eye area looks very good and years younger.

Oldfield, may I ask why you got a facelift so young, at age 46? What problems were you addressing? I have contemplated it a few times but thought I was too young and surgeons would basically laugh and say I didn't have much to pull up yet. I have to ask, was it quite painful? And is this something that needs to be kept up for life?
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:42 am      Reply with quote
Did you put on the vitamin A cream right after stamping or the next day?

5% products discount

Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:36 am      Reply with quote
@ Ollie

That is a good question. Most of the Cosmetic surgeons advertise midfacelifts for people from 35 - 40 years onwards. But when I actually consulted them about it, they told me that I'm too young for it and I don't need it. That was strange. I found a surgeon who did it. It is all about putting sunken tissue in their original position. And it was the right decision for me. The reason why I went for it is simply vanity. I'm not a typical 46 year old, I'm still young at heart and I wanted to look more my "felt age".
(Again, I hope I get my message across, this is not easy to express in a foreign language).
Oldfield
5% products discount

Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:39 am      Reply with quote
@ Laura

Sometimes I mix the vitamin A creme with vitamin C and Hyaluron powder and put it on while I dermaroll.
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
You have tough skin to be able to tolerate that mix! Glad it is working for you.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
Oldfield, thank you for the advice. I did the dermapen around my eyes last night at a 1mm and much to my surprise, it didn't feel much different from the .5mm. The swelling and bruising are about the same too. I expected it to be absolutely horrid, but it was no worse. Next time I'll try 1.5mm. I wasn't quite brave enough to try the 1.5 without first testing the 1mm. Thank you for suggesting it and sharing your results. I would have never attempted that length if you had not suggested it.

Btw, I always numb with Emla, and have 1 Tom Collins for liquid courage before needling. Wink

5% products discount

Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:48 am      Reply with quote
Hi Tonia,

good on you! I hope you'll be as successful as I am. Like I said before, the swelling and bruising is not much stronger than in other areas. And I think there won't be a big diferrence between the 1 and the 1.5 mm needles. The only area that is quite tricky with this needle length is the upper eye lid area. It is easy to hit small blood vessels and then you get
like "blood bubbles" under the skin. So it is best to use shorter needles there.

I don't use Emla under the eye but everywhere else. The stamping is a lot less painfull than the rolling.

Have a nice weekend!
Needl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
Great results. This facial surgeon did it on his own eyebags and got amazing results: http://aestheticsolutions2012.blogspot.co.nz/2013/02/microneedling-eye-bagsan-aesthetic.html
Pablita
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for sharing, i am going to try it on my eybags, can ir he done with a regular dermaroller instead of dermapen?
How often do you do the treatment? Doing ir every 2 weeks would be ok?
Oldfield
5% products discount

Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Pablita,

of course you can use the roller, but I prefer to use the stamp. It is less painful and you can target the bags much better. Maybe instead of rolling, just press it on the areas you would like to treat. But not to soft. The skin in this area is a lot thinner, that is true, but isn't as delicate as everyone is making it out to be.

It is advised not to do it every fortnight but every four to six weeks. But my impatience got the better of me at one point and so I paused just two weeks between the treatments.

Cheers! Smile
Pablita
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
I think i am goin to do it every 2 weeks as well. So do you think pressing the 1.5 mm dermaroller would be the same than using the stamp, or do you recommend me getting a stamp?
Needl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
But Pablita, please remember: only where the bone supports the tissue (according to Owndoc you can pull the skin down a little so it's supported). You don't want to be pressing needles into your eyes Shock
Pablita
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
I just did my first treatment with the dermaroller as i dont have derma stamp, i applied emla first to numb the area. I press it into the eye bags pulling the skin down a bit. I hope to see results in few sessions.
How many times do you press in the same area? I did it 5 times.
Needl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
Pablita, you can get all the up-to-date best advice from Owndoc. Good luck Smile
Pandax12
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
I'd do it no more than once every 4 weeks. A 1.5mm roller is way overkill in that eye area. Not worth the risk when you can have as good results with 1.0mm or even smaller.
piscesgirlrenee
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:24 am      Reply with quote
I don't really have undereye bags, but I do have wrinkles close to the lash line and crepey eyelids. How should I use the dermapen around the eyes for the laxity? I also have a .5mm dermastamp but it seems like that may be too short?
Oldfield
5% products discount

Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:31 am      Reply with quote
I did it numerous times without harming my eyes at all. Just pull the skin as low as you can and you`ll be fine. But I would recommend the derma stamp. It is much easier to use and you can cover bigger areas. I get mine of Ebay from a Hong Kong seller for about 6€. But I won't go lower than 1 mm.

Nice weekend!
piscesgirlrenee
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:35 am      Reply with quote
Did it work on wrinkles as well as the bags? Also, why would you not use the dermapen? Thanks.
Oldfield
5% products discount

Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:22 am      Reply with quote
Hi Renee,

I guess, you are responding to me Wink. I can't tell you if it works on wrinkles. I'm lucky enough to have only very small lines and they are still visible. I own the dermapen but I actually prefer the stamps, simply because I have more control over them.
piscesgirlrenee
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:29 am      Reply with quote
Ok, thanks for the info. I'm surprised that it wouldn't get rid of the lines.
Oldfield
5% products discount

Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:22 am      Reply with quote
Hi everybody,

after two more sessions, I thought that I should share again some of my experiences. When I examined my eyes, I noticed two blood vessels that I havn`t noticed before. It is nothing too major, but still. I guess the reason for it is, that they have been covered by fat tissue before, which is now gone. So I advise you firstly not to roll! Only target the area which is problematic for you. Best use small stamps, not the rectangular (2x3cm) one I used most of the time.

Have a nice weekend! Smile
MaryClaire
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
Do you think the fat is destroyed or just redistributed? Is it that easy to destroy fat cells?

You'd think that we would be destroying fat all over our face and neck if it was that easy to destroy.

It would be nice if we were creating our own filler for the trough area.

Appreciate any thoughts or information.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:45 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |