Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Vi Peel caused clogged pores and terrible skin texture
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ashleymorrow
5% products discount

Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:35 am      Reply with quote
So I got on Differin because of my clogged pores, and three months into the treatment, my skin was 100% clear. No clogs, no pimples, no bumps. All I had left was the scarring caused during the initial purging process from the Differin. To speed up the scar reduction process, I decided to get a ViPeel. I had never gotten a peel before, and my peel options were limited because I have tan/brown skin (indian decent) so the Vi peel seemed like a good option. 

A week after the procedure, when the peel finished peeling, my skin looked amazing for about two days. However, after that, my skin got extremely dry and it looked like it did when you’re about to peel… and that’s exactly what happened. I went through a second peeling stage. This time however, after peeling, my skin was bumpy. I had little bumps (clogged pores) all over my forehead,  cheeks, and nose. I waited a week and I went back on the Differin to get rid of the bumps, however, I feel the Differin has stopped working. 

It is now two months after the peel and my pores are constantly clogged with stringy white stuff. I’ve used the Differin consistently but my skin is not changing. I don’t know what is going on because Differin worked so wonderfully on my skin prior to the peel but is not doing anything right now. Whenever I take the stringy white stuff out the pores, it is pointless because it clogs again the next day. 

I don’t know what to do. I regret getting this peel because it ruined my skin texture. My skin is dry and bumpy and clogged. I don’t want to get another peel because my skin is extremely sensitive and obviously does not respond well to peels. Could it be the dry skin? Could it be my skin is damaged permanently?

Has anyone else experience this because of a chemical peel? or a deep exfoliating procedure? Please help.
howInteresting
5% products discount

Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
It seems like I've been saying this to a lot of different people lately, but it sounds like your skin barrier has been damaged due to over treatment. If that's the case, the worst thing you could do is try to "whip" your skin into shape with even harsher treatments. Barrier damage is reversible, but it will take some time, patience, a little experimentation, a lot of reading, and above all, GENTLENESS.

If you look on this thread, I wrote a few posts on what I would do for barrier repair (sorry, it's too much to write again, and sorry I don't know how to link to each post).

On this thread, I've listed a few alternative acne treatments that I *think* might be less harsh than the usual treatments.

If your skin can tolerate it, Paula's Choice BHA 2% toner might be good for the clogged pores. Some people have results using it just a few times a week, which would be less irritating. Get samples or trial sizes where you can. Introduce each product separately into your routine. Do test patches. Be patient. Be gentle. Breathe. It'll get better.
ashleymorrow
5% products discount

Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:50 pm      Reply with quote
howInteresting wrote:
It seems like I've been saying this to a lot of different people lately, but it sounds like your skin barrier has been damaged due to over treatment. If that's the case, the worst thing you could do is try to "whip" your skin into shape with even harsher treatments. Barrier damage is reversible, but it will take some time, patience, a little experimentation, a lot of reading, and above all, GENTLENESS.

If you look on this thread, I wrote a few posts on what I would do for barrier repair (sorry, it's too much to write again, and sorry I don't know how to link to each post).
[list]Have you ever reversed lines or wrinkles without surgery?

On this thread, I've listed a few alternative acne treatments that I *think* might be less harsh than the usual treatments.

If your skin can tolerate it, Paula's Choice BHA 2% toner might be good for the clogged pores. Some people have results using it just a few times a week, which would be less irritating. Get samples or trial sizes where you can. Introduce each product separately into your routine. Do test patches. Be patient. Be gentle. Breathe. It'll get better.

Thank you so much for your response! I Had a feeling my skin was severely dehydrated because of all the wrinkles. I've been going gentle for a week, no harsh soaps. Honey and Clinique repairware intensive night cream moisturizer. But it's aceially getting worse. Pores are getting bigger and my pores are clogging so much more. I'm assuming I'm getting clogged pores because of the debydration But I just do not know what to do about it. Nothing is hydrating at this point. I did a lot of research and came across this hydrating serum by Kate Somerville called the "Quench Hydrating Serum" and it says it's for dehydrated skin. As an extra step before moisturizer. Have you heard about this? Do you think Its a good idea to add this serum in before my Clinique moisturizer?

My skin doesn't do well with AHAs or BHAs. The only thing that got rid of my clogged pores in the past was Differin But it doesn't seem to work anymore becuase of the dehydration. It's almost as if it's a layer of damaged skin that won't let anything penetrate through it.
howInteresting
5% products discount

Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
Your skin is distressed, like an upset child who is shrugging off attempts to comfort her. Give it time.

Please follow the links I gave you above and look for my posts (I think there are 4). I link a lot of products that I think will work and why, plus I link other EDS threads from people with similar problems. Those threads are very informative and getting educated on how the skin works and product ingredients will help you figure out what to do.

No AHAs since those exfoliate the surface of your skin, which you've had quite enough of, thank you very much. But BHAs go below the surface to clean your pores, and is one of the very few ingredients I know that does that. I understand your reluctance, but have you ever tried the Paula's Choice brand? I've always heard her formulations are nonirritating and very effective. She sells samples and I thought it might be worth a shot.

If not, perhaps a non-alcohol toner applied with a cotton pad after cleansing. I've become a convert to toning after reading an article by an esty I think, who said cleansing does not clean your pores, only toning with a cotton pad does that. Don't use an alcohol toner, though, as those are stripping. Otherwise, check my linked post above on other acne treatments. They're are inexpensive to try, and should be gentler than a retinoid at this time.

As for barrier repair, a serum under the moisturizer is needed I believe to draw hydration deep into your skin which is probably waxy and resistant right now, but the Kate Somerville product has so many 'cones, it would clog me up badly. I think a runny hyaluronic serum would work better. You may also need niacinamide, ceramides and lipids for barrier repair like in Cerave PM. A lot of the threads I link to mention niacinamide as being very important for both acne and barrier repair.

Another thing that might give your skin a quick boost is to do a lotion mask from the book "The Japanese Skincare Revolution" several times a week. I find a "lotion" made of honey and oatmeal milk (the liquid from oatmeal soaked in water) to be very hydrating and healing. The theory is that the cotton helps your skin better absorb moisturizing ingredients. Put a sheet of saran on top to get an even bigger hydration boost. Because of the book's popularity, there are now a slew of products that make this process easy and inexpensive such as cotton pads with holes already cut out for eyes and nose, and a silcone mask that can used in place of saran wrap. There are also sheet masks pre-infused with product. Check out the book's product page to see these related products.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1ihK9enN_U

http://www.amazon.com/Japanese-Skincare-Revolution-Beautiful-Life--At/dp/1568364067/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1423086555&sr=8-1&keywords=the+japanese+skincare+revolution
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |