Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Nasolabial folds worsening from facial exercise
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
qowpele
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
This appears to be in my case. I am doing flexeffect and am wondering why this is happening. My idea here, is that the lavator nasi, the muscle that crinkles your nose up before you sneeze, is activated in certain exercises that simulate smiling. I think enlargement of that muscle is causing a slight deepening in the nasolabial fold area, especially right where the nose meets the mid cheek area.........

Anyone ever experienced this? If so, how do you get rid of it. I am not overtraining, my nutrition is superb, and sleeping is fine. The only thing that has changed since 34 days ago, was the beginning of facial exercising. 23 year old male here
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
Why did you begin facial exercising at your age?

If it's a preventive measure only, it would seem to me, you may be overtraining for your face. How often are you training. How many reps.

perhaps you don't need to do the actual exercises, perhaps just doing the other parts of Flex Effect, like the massage or bone stimulation and cross stretching would be enough at your age and facial condition

If you go to the flex effect forum you can get expert advise.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
qowpele
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:36 am      Reply with quote
Well unfortunately I have a large deal of volume loss in my upper and mid cheeks. This is likely due to my years of skateboarding, jumping up and down causing some sagging (kinda like long distance runners)..... also due to the fact since I was 18-21 and a half I crash dieted alot and would spend ridiculous amounts of time doing cardio which likely caused a lot of my facial subcutaneous fat (which cannot be regenerated once gone) to be used for energy... Not to mention I used a TON of very potent fat burners reguarly which probably took a toll on my facial fat reserves....

Anyway, can anyone answer my question directly
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for responding to my questions.

i do part of the flex effect program along with part of ageless if you dare and part of another program as well.

in the past i could see what i needed on my own face but i don't understand enough to guide anyone else and am actually considering hiring a trainer to deal with issues that have just sufficed this year

there used to be a number of posters on eds who were either flex effect trainers or who had a great grasp of the program, but only rarely do any of them post here anymore.

if you do decide to ask at the Flex Effect forum, i would be interested in the answer if you would care to post it here.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
whoops i mean 'issues that have surfaced this year'

anyway hope someone knowledgeable does respond to you. i always found conversations from facial exercise experts to be so intriguing.

qowpele
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
well what has facial exercising done for you so far?

Bad results?

What good things have come of it?

Example, "I gained fuller mid cheeks, but suffered greater nasolabial folds"
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:44 am      Reply with quote
From what I recall reading when you posted here, you weren’t going to do the whole facial exercise program of FlexEffect – is that what you did? I would second JasmineRosey’s asking them on the forum because they are very helpful and Loli posts amazing pictures and suggestions, and Shawn and Katy are great too.
I’m not sure a 23 year old though needs to do stuff for bone and skin but the trainers may have different ideas.

I don’t do one sole program but a mixture, but during the last ten plus years I have done many programs and incorporate some of FlexEffect, Ageless, Facial Magic, Eva Fraser but have had some issues at differing times. For one thing the cross stretching got rid of my NLs. It was never a goal of mine to get rid of them as I just always presumed I would have them – and so it was a pleasant surprise to see them start to fill in – early on using the 3rd edition, and then they began lessening and lessening.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:12 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |