Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Best program for thinning face?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
essentialdayspabro
5% products discount

Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:38 am      Reply with quote
I have some fat at the corners of my mouth and my cheeks are a little fat, i'm a male so i don't want this, i'd prefer thin & sculpted look rather than a round face, between flexeffect, ageless, facercise which would be the best for thinning and firming your face?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:14 am      Reply with quote
All are good programs, but if you are male, you probably want to go all out. That means doing a full program and so I think you would probably get on better with FlexEffect as it was developed by a bodybuilder. Just my take but there ya go!
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
For thinning in the sense of getting rid of water retention or lympathic massage I would recommend the Tanaka Massage. Just a few days of using it and you could tell if it satisfies you, if not go ahead with facial exercises as already said.
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=36457
Needl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think facial exercises can reduce your facial fat, per se. Dieting will, and then facial exercises, just like body ones, can sculpt by increasing muscle mass in the right places.

Even if you don't diet, perhaps by working on increasing the cheekbone area with larger muscles you can get a more sculpted look.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:33 am      Reply with quote
Actually I have had facial exercises reduce facial fat, and know others have too and have written about it so I don't think its wise or fair to say they cannot reduce facial fat.
Needl wrote:
I don't think facial exercises can reduce your facial fat, per se. Dieting will, and then facial exercises, just like body ones, can sculpt by increasing muscle mass in the right places.

Even if you don't diet, perhaps by working on increasing the cheekbone area with larger muscles you can get a more sculpted look.
Needl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
Oh dear, then they are almost defeating the purpose of most of us who are trying to keep our cheeks up and full through facial exercises. Which ones thin the cheeks?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:27 am      Reply with quote
No they are not defeating the purpose, and just like body exercise not everyone responds in exactly the same manner. I’ve seen several people report on EDS losing facial fat as a result of facial exercises, and that may be the program or just may be how their body responded to the workout.

Needl wrote:
Oh dear, then they are almost defeating the purpose of most of us who are trying to keep our cheeks up and full through facial exercises. Which ones thin the cheeks?
Needl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
It would certainly be defeating my purpose: avoiding that over-thin middle-aged look. So far, facial exercise has not made my face thinner.
essentialdayspabro
5% products discount

Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
What do you guys think of these exercises? enformydotcom/blog/4-proven-face-exercises-that-work.php
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:29 am      Reply with quote
I had to laugh at these - I doubt they will do much for thinning your face or making it stronger - doesn't look like there is any resistance and its just making expressions. If anything without resistance that's gonna cause wrinkles!
essentialdayspabro wrote:
What do you guys think of these exercises? enformydotcom/blog/4-proven-face-exercises-that-work.php
essentialdayspabro
5% products discount

Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
I agree, what do you think of these? khanapakanadotcom/recipes/default.aspx?g=posts&t=3521
essentialdayspabro
5% products discount

Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
Nevermind I didn't view the and only noticed that these were similar to the above ones
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
Dear Bro,

The muscle that sculpts the face is the buccinator, which pulls the cheeks inwards towards the teeth. You use it when you blow. There was an exercise 'Crush' in the first edition of Ageless which I modified because people weren't liking the sucked in look. It went like this:

Grasp the cheeks anywhere you like, and pull them outwards away from your teeth.

Now pull them inwards towards the back teeth once again. Try to press them against back teeth.

If you can't find/feel the muscle make an attempt to do the nearest thing you can to how you think it might be done! It will come.

Do this for 20reps three times a day and see what happens!

All best, Loulou Smile

Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |