Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cheek Sag at 24 Years Old
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
talihinasky

Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
I'm really really hoping I can get some advice from anyone. I'm 24 years old and have some pretty prominent cheek sag/jowls/nasolabial folds occurring already. It's not a situation of wrinkling or fine lines but more the volume of my face sliding down and off my skull. It's been happening for a few years and I've been bothered by it. I don't want to look younger -- I just want to look my age.

Some History:

I've been actually looking at facial exercising since 2009 and tried it then. Granted, I wasn't consistent. I stumbled upon the whole concept from Carole Maggio's Facercise and did a little bit of her program. The exercises focused on the eyes do work, but I found her exercises for the cheeks a little confusing or hard to do.

I have recently been dabbling a bit with Flex Effect. Similar exercises to Facercise, but again I'm having a hard time with the moves focusing on the cheeks/nasolabial folds. I have tried a little bit of Loulou's program as I saw some links posted here to some sample moves on her photobucket account.

Another concern with facial exercise in general (for the cheeks/folds) is that when I do the moves (i.e. resistance on the cheeks to fight against a smile, etc) and when I stop, I notice lines/wrinkles that scare me from continuing. Should I be concerned or just truck through it?

Anyone have any moves they can suggest that they found to be successful (from either program)? Modifications to make them easier? I have both programs so I can perhaps give them another go if anyone has any recommendations.

I'm tired of always being told I look tired, older than I am, or to just smile, especially when this is my neutral expression.

I greatly appreciate any advice! Thank you for your time!
Beta Wolf

Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:02 am      Reply with quote
You're so young to be suffering from cheek sag. Do you have any underlying medical issues that could be contributing to this? How are your collagen levels? Do you have Ehlers-Danlos syndrome which could lead to this problem or any other weird medical conditions that very few people even hear of unless they have it? Have you tried collagen supplements and/or vitamin C which helps build collagen.

Facial exercises scare me too when I feel that they make lines worse so I adjust my exercises to avoid this. Maybe I shouldn't? But I do. I think the main thing when doing facial exercises is to feel the burn. That's when they seem to do me the most good.

I hope you have good luck solving this problem.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |