Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Time for a new foundation, recommendations?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Caris
5% products discount

Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
I've used Chanel Vitalumiere for about ten years now, but seemingly as I rapidly approach 40 it's not suiting my skin as much anymore.

The tone doesn't suit me, and although not terrible, I feel it's sitting in my pores and fine lines, so I'm thinking that since using retin A perhaps my skin needs a different product. Either that or I'm just needing to get use to my skin changing.

So I have been hunting, and the options are seemingly endless. Has anyone used the Channel Aqualumiere, Ellis Fass Skin veil, Dior Airflash, any of the Naars ones, anything else?

So my skin is pretty normal, a little drier in the winter, and from the retin A, but not dry. I have a few fine lines, not many, and open pores to the side of my nose which is where I tend to focus when looking at my foundation.

Also, primers, where to start! I have a trial of Tarte Clean Slate 12 hour primer, as the reviews are excellent but I'm not blown away.
jazzi
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
You might like to try Guerlain Parure Gold, it's quite good. I would use it myself, but it's not light enough and it's not suitable for warm undertones.
Well, most liquid and cream formulas from Guerlain are above average.
Other foundations to try: Make Up For Ever Face & Body, Clarins True Radiance, Everlasting+. If you are willing to fork over more cash, Sisley Phyto-teint Eclat, Phyto-teint Expert, Sensai Cellular Performance Cream. Last 3 are pretty much impossible to get to settle in lines and pores or look chalky, and they last longer than most actual long lasting formulas 6-10 h without primer or extra powder, depending on weather/activity level, great adaptable shades for warm and cool skins.
Estee Lauder Double Wear (original one) is good too, but I don't like the plastic Barby skin they seem to create, great for camera, but too artificial for everyday.
Dior is nice, but settles in everywhere, gets greasy too, and they smell too strong.
No idea about primers, I never see any benefit. A good moisturizer is more effective as far "preparing the canvas" is concerned.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:47 am      Reply with quote
Look for reviews at makeupalley.com and youtube's gossmakeupartist. Also get free samples from Sephora.
Nikossmile
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
I like the reviews on Beautyprofessor.net Dolce and Gabbana Lift foundation has great reviews due to the high concentration of niacinamide. I use Amore Pacific color cushion-it wears well but very limited colors.
Caris
5% products discount

Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you very much, I'm going to have to get a few samples in I think. Very disappointingly, John Lewis which is one of the best UK department stores for make up doesn't give out samples anymore, 'm going to try House Of Fraser, either that or I'm going to have to go in about six times to try all the ones now on my list!
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:13 am      Reply with quote
gossmakeupartist is in the UK so you can get more UK info from his youtube website by commenting on some of his videos featuring a foundation you are interested in. One of his millions of subscribers will likely be able to help.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |