Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
Hair cut recommendations via photo link
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
heyheymonster
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:44 am      Reply with quote
Hey everyone, I've been having my hair drive me crazy, I've been trying to grow it long but its just too damaged.(feels like it has forever)

I have to cut it somewhat, but I'd like advice to how short I could get away with and what I could do with color. If I can go any darker? I have no idea, but I cant picture it in my head.

I've uploaded 2 pics to photobooth, one with my hair down and one with it back.
Obviously the pics are in perfect lighting..my skin isnt that nice haha. But here are the links...let the suggestions come in..

http://s292.photobucket.com/user/heyheymonster1/library/

Thanks guys.
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:54 am      Reply with quote
HH you are so cute!! If you are on the fence I would suggest doing NOTHING for a bit and concentrating on bringing your hair back to health. If you need a nice do for an event, get a wig. Yup - and wigs also let you try out different styles.

There are also apps for your computer that show you how you will look in different cuts. You just load up your picture and "try" the different looks with no commitment, unlike an actual haircut.

I have had to do the do nothing strategy twice in my life when confronted with over processed fragile hair as the result of professional perms, colours, etc.

Nobody cares as much as you, so take it into your own hands.

You are such a pretty girl!

best, M
heyheymonster
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:56 am      Reply with quote
Its just so poofy haha, lucky the hair on top..my brunette hair, thats all healthy and perfect and then it goes down to the lighter hair which is crazy frizzy.
I just dont want the damage to break upwards..can that happen? I had a hairdresser tell me that.
But Im no expert.

I've tried to oil my hair but its too thin, the hair on my scalp is good cause I have naturally oily hair there. (I cant wait until someone unveils RX hair care haha.) Any other tips as far as covering damage besides oils or anything heavy?

(I've also done the photo thing and i look good with long hair only haha..or best anyways. Long hair and black hair or long and blonde.)

The only way I see out is cutting it :/. Buuuut a wig would be nice.
Do you know anywhere legit online?
Let me know.

And thanks for the complements Smile.
rmc7
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
HHm, you are so pretty! Personally , I think you would look great with about 3 " cut off in sort of an inverted Bob, done with that ombré effect. Before you do color look into olaplex it can really save your hair. Either look for a salon that uses it or if you go the diy route I understand Amazon sells it. It will prevent your hair from breaking. But big warning if you use box color on your hair you definitely need to remove the minerals first. The companies claim the box colors don't contain metal but they have something that reacts badly in a very metal way with Olaplex.

5% products discount

Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
Very pretty! Much more so than I would have guessed from the way you describe yourself sometimes. A medium length bob, anywhere from chin- to shoulder-length like Jennifer Lawrence or Kim K would look nice I think.
heyheymonster
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:41 am      Reply with quote
Hmm so it looks like a bob might be the way to go, I think they're pretty cute:).
Im personally wondering still what length I could get away with but, maybe I'll just go and have them do it slowly so I can see where to stop..I dont know why that didnt come to mind before.

And rmc7, I have heard of olaplex before but I think I heard of it when it first hit the market and I couldnt find any anywhere or any salons, maybe its different now. But I don't think Ill color it again really, I guess the root/ombre look is still in. Even though thats just me being lazy haha.

howIntredting, thanks, its all about lighting Wink haha.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
I vote for a bob which is the hot hairstyle now. You will be able to chop off most of the damaged hair by going shorter to chin length. I have always worn a bob because I have thin, fine hair but my hairdresser modifies it to reflect current trends so I am always stylish. I'd look at pics of celebs with similar shaped faces who have bobs to see what works for them.
heyheymonster
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
A bob it is then:) haha. Thanks ladies.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:40 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |