Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Estriol Results
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
rachaeltowne

Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:23 am      Reply with quote
Some months ago I posted about just starting out using estriol cream on my face. I noticed a very quick improvement at the time in the amount of hydration in my face as well as general skin softening.

So, I wanted to post about my long-term results.

Basically, estriol has transformed my face. I am 41 and didn't start out with a lot of wrinkles to be honest, but what I did have is practically non-existent now.

I now have the forehead of a 20 something woman. It is perfectly smooth. My entire face and neck is visibly tighter. My crow's feet are much softer. When I'm not smiling they are barely there, whereas before they were there all of the time.

The hair on my upper lip and chin is greatly reduced as well.

I also use it on my hands as they were chronically dry. They aren't dry any longer and I can get away with only putting hand lotion on a couple times per day. Before, no amount of lotion helped them.

I ran into a friend the other day that I hadn't seen for a few years and she was shocked. She said that I looked a good 10 years younger than I did a few years ago. She also said "wow, you look like a little girl"!

I am not even menopausal yet. I have regular periods, but my estrogen must be in decline. I don't know that though, just a guess.

The estriol has not effected my periods.
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:49 am      Reply with quote
Would you mind disclosing the brand you used and where you purchased it? Thanks
rachaeltowne

Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
No problem. Life-flo estriol care purchased on Amazon. I purchased a different brand once that irritated my face, whereas this doesn't irritate at all.
rmc7
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:17 am      Reply with quote
I love estriol. I'm 65, I've been using it on my face since I was about 50, with only really good effects. I have blood work on a regular bases for thyroid and vitamin as well as hormone levels and nothing has been affected adversely . My plastic surgeon recommend I use it right after my retinA . I've used it ever since. At my age that , DERMANATOR and AnteAge have been keeping things looking good.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the comments you posted. What brand of estriol do you use and how many days a month?
Thanks
rmc7
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:23 am      Reply with quote
stovetop wrote:
Thanks for the comments you posted. What brand of estriol do you use and how many days a month?
Thanks

It's Evalon estriol from ADC I use it every day. If I remember or at least 5 nights a week a blob the size of a pea.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:12 am      Reply with quote
Started day one of my trial use of the Life-flo estriol last night. It was cheap enough to buy so we shall see!
It went on easy, no odor to speak of. I am going to just use it at night with whatever else I put on my face for that night.
I have fine lines due to menopause and life that I am trying to tighten up!
I have a RX for both Premarin and Estrace cream but since my insurance doesn't cover either, not going to use it on my face. At that price it would be like using LaMer on my hands or body, haha.
I will report back in a month or so.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:16 am      Reply with quote
I wonder if you can use it after doing a derma roll or should you use it before, not at all? Anyone know?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:34 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
I wonder if you can use it after doing a derma roll or should you use it before, not at all? Anyone know?

I have done that in years passed when I hand rolled with no ill effects. But now after reading more I don't concern myself with the estriol itself, my concern is with the base product. I don't want to absorb anything that may be harmful in anyway, a preservative, or carrier. So I wait at least 24 hrs before I resume my application. That's just my opinion, I don't have any scientific data to back that up. Just the knowledge that in dr. Settlerfields book he lists a lot of products that are very bad when used with microneedeling most of those products are used in the base. Estriol itself is not on that list.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:57 am      Reply with quote
So would you say estriol cream is quite safe for a post menopausal woman, and is it quite effective for wrinkles.......anyone?.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:47 am      Reply with quote
Zizi-
That is what I am and am giving it a trial run. Nothing yet!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
zizi wrote:
So would you say estriol cream is quite safe for a post menopausal woman, and is it quite effective for wrinkles.......anyone?.

I have been told it is quite safe. And I know it is effective to keep skin nice and plump and thick, so definitely effective to keep wrinkles away! zizi, there are lots of really good studies around the web that address the safety issue. Now if it were estrogen , I wouldn't feel safe using it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 28, 2015 3:27 am      Reply with quote
I was wondering what amount most of you guys are using. One person mentioned a pea size for the face (like Retin-A) but that doesn't seem like enough.
I got the Life Flo brand with the pump where .75mgs with each portion. I guess that's too much for the face but I don't want to use too little or too much.
What's the best portion... and is once a day a good choice to see results?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 28, 2015 6:50 am      Reply with quote
That is the amount I am using and I mix it with a bit of face oil to give it some "slide". It is a good amount for the face but I smooth it down on the neck as well. I use it every night.
So far, nothing yet and I have been using it since the first of April.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:03 am      Reply with quote
Hi im just wondering how everyone is getting on with the estriol cream on the face ? Any decent results? And does anyone know anywhere in the uk i can buy it from ? Thanks xx
tigerlily009
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:51 am      Reply with quote
marcia36 wrote:
Hi im just wondering how everyone is getting on with the estriol cream on the face ? Any decent results? And does anyone know anywhere in the uk i can buy it from ? Thanks xx

That's a good question but I've only been using it myself approx 3 weeks. Most of the studies I've seen done were for much longer...typically around 6 months. I believe that between the studies and the affordability factor it's worth the long haul.
I usually do before and after pics when I start something new. I haven't yet done any after pics...too soon...but I do believe I have seen a softening in those little cord lines beginning in my neck.

I would think you could find sellers either on Amazon or Ebay for the UK.
A lot of people are leery of Ebay...But I've sold there for over a decade (not beauty products) and most longtime sellers will bend over backwards if a buyers not happy. Just stay away from low feedback ratings or sellers with a gazillion feedback (these extremely high feedback sellers sell so much quantity so cheaply and quickly that low ratings and negatives don't touch their overall rating...they might get 100 or more negatives a month).
wrinklefreeforever
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:24 am      Reply with quote
Wow! I am blown away by this info and it seems to be exactly what I'm looking for. My skin has seemed to turn old overnight. I'm 51 and in menopause. I don't really have many symptoms as far as hot flashes but I can be moody, however, my skin has taken the brunt. My questions is ... should I get my hormones tested first or is this safe to just jump in and use?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:32 am      Reply with quote
Of course it is always a good idea to be tested and see exactly what you need. I was initially and am on prescriptions.
I will say that the LifeFlo estriol care cream doesn't seem to have enough of anything in it to matter as far as the hormone part goes, IMHO.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:24 am      Reply with quote
Just purchased the LifeFlo Estriol care. Is it to be used once or twice a day? Anyone have any updates?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:34 am      Reply with quote
I use it once a day, at night. No change whatsoever. I will use it until it is all gone but I will not reorder.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:49 am      Reply with quote
Here is my update..
On my last post I was being pretty positive and I did think it seemed to be helping with the neck. But then I realized how bad I'd been feeling lately.... Just tired, exhausted and depressed all the time.. I didn't at first attribute it to the Estriol because everything I'd read had made it seem mild and not systematic and nothing but glowing accolades to it's benefits (and no side effects).
And to be honest, I had been extremely busy with numerous deadlines and had been burning the candle at both ends...so I had been blaming it all on my schedule.
But i decided that the main difference in my routine was the Estriol so I dropped it...and after a few weeks I began to feel human again and my eyes didn't look frazzled and burnt out anymore.(yes, I was beginning to look worse in the eyes too which was one place I thought it was suppose to help the most)
I don't know what the deal is here. After much research I did find a few people here and there that did post that it did affect their moods adversely.
For the record I am post menopausal and I do not have dry thin skin or wrinkles. I thought it might help a bit with sag though and just be an all around good thing in my arsenal. But evidently I'm better off all the way around with microneedling, retin a, microcurrent and face exercises etc.They've all helped tremendously with that without making me feel bad.
It's possible I used too much for myself and too frequently (the pump everyday). I might try it again later at a smaller dose. I'll think about that.
But regardless...just because it's not considered a strong dose and claims no side effects...do be on the look out should you try it.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:55 am      Reply with quote
Very interesting! I may stop it as well just to see. I have been under the weather but who knows?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:12 am      Reply with quote
Could be AnnieR...and it wasn't really doing anything for you anyway, was it? Maybe using it until the last drop isn't worth it.

I also want to add that it definitely doesn't work on hyper-pigmentation or sunspots on the face. It makes them worse. I had some faint ones almost faded away..2 on each side directly under the eye area (where I use to get those rosy cheeks). It reanimates them...for lack of a better term. Brings them back..
So avoid those areas..
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
Ouch, that is not good! Thanks for the headsup!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
tigerlily009 wrote:
Could be AnnieR...and it wasn't really doing anything for you anyway, was it? Maybe using it until the last drop isn't worth it.

I also want to add that it definitely doesn't work on hyper-pigmentation or sunspots on the face. It makes them worse. I had some faint ones almost faded away..2 on each side directly under the eye area (where I use to get those rosy cheeks). It reanimates them...for lack of a better term. Brings them back..
So avoid those areas..

YES! thank you for pointing this out TL! Topical estrogen and systemic estrogen is definitely implicated in melasma.

http://www.jpad.org.pk/oct-dec-2011/4.%20orignal%20artical%20estrogen,%20progesterone%20and%20prolactin%20levels%20in%20melasma.pdf

I've had better success using a microencapsulated genistein (soy derived estrogen) ingredient for softening and firming my skin.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |