Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Copper Peptide Serum - recommendations please
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:47 am      Reply with quote
I am just finishing my first bottle of copper peptide serum (OwnDoc) and have a few of the copper peptide masks from them as well. I am using CP in conjunction with the Derminator.

Since the owndoc forum has not had posts for a while, I was wondering if there are better CP serums. I was considering the My Fawnie Trio but they are only good for six weeks and as I will only use the Derminator once a month at .5mm and once a week at .25 mm, the MyFawnie will spoil before I can use them up.

I read about Skin Biology and first versus second generation CP but am still unclear what is the best CP serum nowadays. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Dry skin but not many wrinkles; 50s and Asian; Topicals: Vit C, tretinoin, hydroquinone & azaleic acid for melasma; Likes: SK-II, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Skinceuticals, Obagi, P50, Sunday Riley, Hada Labo, facial oils
Photopro
5% products discount

Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:39 am      Reply with quote
I've used both of Skin Biology's cp serums, 1st and second generation, and like them both. The first generation - I think it's called GHK - is more expensive. But I don't think you could wrong with it.

Whatever you do - go slow and don't start off with the strongest products. A few drops is all you need.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
Skin Biology has copper peptides.

Another brand available at EDS is Pure Skin Formulations. Reasonable cost also. I have used PSF products and found them effective. I have not used the CP yet.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/psf-copper-peptides-m_415_908.htm

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
I like NCN GHK serum and Skin Biology's version equally well. ***HOWEVER, I would not use either after dermarolling because of "extra" ingredients that I would not want to push that deep in my skin.

It is my understanding that the My Fawnie Copper peptide serum was made specifically for dermarolling and does not have ingredients that may cause problems (as noted by dermarolling experts like Dr Setterfield).

hope that helps,

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:17 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the helpful replies. I am confused about the first generation (OwnDoc) copper peptides and the Skin Biology peptides. OwnDoc said that the second generation (Skin Biology) peptides are not real copper peptides.

So, which one is the best - the first or second generation peptides? Also, if ordering SKin Biology - which product should I order as they have a few different CP products?

@erg: I also have the same concerns about dermarolling with either or these two brands. I wanted to try MyFawnie's as the first choice (because I heard good things about her products and Fawnie has very informative posts) but at $100 every six weeks, it is too pricey for long term usage for my budget. I hope to find a good substitute.

Dry skin but not many wrinkles; 50s and Asian; Topicals: Vit C, tretinoin, hydroquinone & azaleic acid for melasma; Likes: SK-II, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Skinceuticals, Obagi, P50, Sunday Riley, Hada Labo, facial oils
Beta Wolf

Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:45 am      Reply with quote
I was going to post my own thread, but since someone has already started a copper serum thread, I'll tack my question on here.

Copper is a heavy metal and skin is our largest organ and able to absorb toxins. So is a copper/copper peptide serum safe to use? I've used copper peptide creams in the past, but now that I'm getting older and require more "lifting" action, I wonder how safe it is if I were to purchase copper serum and use it daily?
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:11 am      Reply with quote
denisiel
Totally understand about the budget thing! Smile One thing, you can buy just the copper serum alone at My Fawnie for $40.

Also, I have tried both generations of CU: I tried the Skin Signals Cream (combo of 1st and 2nd) and did like it. I felt like it firmed my skin. I have also tried 1st generation only as well using both Skin Biology GHK Serum and NCN's version with EGF. Both were fine - with these I get more of a glow than firming.

I also feel more comfortable using first generation because they are safer and you are far less likely to get the "uglies". I use NCN now because I have been using CP for a few years now and my skin can tolerate a higher percentage of copper. I would probably be using the Skin Signals Cream as well but I prefer a serum right now.

Beta Wolf: There are alot of great threads on copper peptides - results are all over the board. I personally feel they are safe, but start VERY, VERY slowly. Hope that helps,

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:53 am      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
denisiel
Totally understand about the budget thing! Smile One thing, you can buy just the copper serum alone at My Fawnie for $40.

Also, I have tried both generations of CU: I tried the Skin Signals Cream (combo of 1st and 2nd) and did like it. I felt like it firmed my skin. I have also tried 1st generation only as well using both Skin Biology GHK Serum and NCN's version with EGF. Both were fine - with these I get more of a glow than firming.

I also feel more comfortable using first generation because they are safer and you are far less likely to get the "uglies". I use NCN now because I have been using CP for a few years now and my skin can tolerate a higher percentage of copper. I would probably be using the Skin Signals Cream as well but I prefer a serum right now.

Thank you, erg, that was very helpful.

Is this the NCN serum you are using now: GHK-Cu Copper Peptide With EGF Formula I? Or do you use II?

I think I will order that serum and the Skin Signals Cream and alternate them every few days to start out slowly as you suggest.

I do want to try MyFawnie products but they need to be used up in six weeks and I have so many products going on right now, I'll never use it up in time. I started out on the copper peptide hunt to apply after rolling and MyFawnie still seems like the safest formulation.

Machauna

Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:41 am      Reply with quote
I just called SkinBiology and asked about using these together.( Vit C and Copper Peptide) I was told that their first generation copper peptides are neutralized or broken down when used with Vit. C. He said that the second generation copper peptide is stronger and resists this breakdown. I assume that it breaks the molecule apart. There is no proof or studies to show that their products can be used together. I use another brand and just to be safe I am choosing to use the Vit C in the morning and the Copper Peptide at night. How would anyone know if their product can stand up to the effects of VitC? You can't. My advise is to usse them separately.
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
denisiel wrote:
erg wrote:
denisiel

Thank you, erg, that was very helpful.

Is this the NCN serum you are using now: GHK-Cu Copper Peptide With EGF Formula I? Or do you use II?

I think I will order that serum and the Skin Signals Cream and alternate them every few days to start out slowly as you suggest.

I do want to try MyFawnie products but they need to be used up in six weeks and I have so many products going on right now, I'll never use it up in time. I started out on the copper peptide hunt to apply after rolling and MyFawnie still seems like the safest formulation.

I use NCN formula II with EGF, but keep in mind I have been using some form of Cu for about 3 years. I use it very other day (just because I also have so much in my routine these days). I would start with formula I. Good luck and keep us posted on how it is working for you.

May I also ask what other products you are using? I am always curious as to what others may be doing...

Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hi erg,

Thanks for the info and I'll get back to you with my routine when I get home from traveling. Just wanted to share this post from Skin Biology with you as the NCN serum has EGF and see what you think:

Many products for skin now include Epidermal Growth Factor or EGF.

This is a very bad idea. EGF has toxic actions on hair follicles from which the stem cells for skin arise.

Mixing EGF and copper peptides is a bad idea. Very little EGF can penetrate the skin. I can find no credible evidence that EGF in cosmetics actually improves skin.

If enough EGF penetrated the skin to have an effect, then there are the toxicity problems of EGF. Wound healing studies with EGF were stopped because the EGF built up in the blood stream. EGF causes serious hair loss.

The injection of only 2 milligrams of EGF into adult sheep causes all the wool hair to fall out within a week.

http://healthyskin.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8890018252/m/6131021556

System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |