Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
What Containers To Use For Your Products While Traveling?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
SundayMornings

Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:11 am      Reply with quote
Some of my skincare products come in really heavy containers, often glass (e.g. Sulwhasoo, etc.) I travel quite frequently and hauling this extra weight around is quite burdensome. Not to mention the risk of the glass breaking while in transit...

It's easy to find small, cheap travel sized containers for lotions & shampoos but I have serious reservations about using them to house my expensive moisturizers/serums/lotions/etc.. Most of these travel-sized substitutes are clear and I'm concerned that exposure to sunlight might degrade the chemical composition of the products. Also, the transfer process can be a tricky one and I'm afraid that I might contaminate the product while scooping or pumping it out from one container to another.

I'm not sure of just how much the original containers affect the overall integrity of the products. Ideally, I would like to keep them as they are but that's become increasingly impractical. Crying or Very sad

So what do you all do while traveling? Do you transfer your products into travel sized alternatives and if so, can you recommend any specific brand that has proven to be reliable? Or do you just carry all the originals regardless? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Judy Chen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
I think first you can check if the companies of the skincare products you use and see if they provide travel kits or even you can ask them for samples. That's the first option if you wish to stay with only the skincare products you use. If nothing you can get from that, you can only choose between convenience or integrity with the skincare products while you travel. While I trave, I prefer to stay with convenience, thus, I use the bottle we get from store. You only put small portion, that's enough for your trip, so I wouldn't think or worry that much about quality.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 01, 2015 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
The "liquids" restriction on flights these days is rather tiresome, and unless one travels with minimal products - unlikely for any EDS member, hah! - it has to go in check-in. Personally I wouldn't put any full size expensive product into check-in luggage due to temperature issues in that space.

I usually fly with a mix of products decanted into small containers and sample sizes, and tend to take samples from my EDS orders for use on trips. Though I'd rather try samples of new products at home, it's just easier to try these out when travelling - no decanting and less weight to carry.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:55 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |