Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Creme QUESTION
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:42 am      Reply with quote
Hopefully Mabsy or some of you ladies who swear by this product can help me.

I took the plunge today and bought a tube of the Cleansing Cream. I have a question on how to use it. The directions say that I should work the product into my skin for 3-5 minutes because I have oily skin. Does this mean:

1) I should "press" the product into my skin and let it SIT for 3-5 minutes, OR

2) I need to stand there and rub and press the product into my skin for 3-5 minutes.

Basically, I need to know whether it's an "active" cleansing where my hands need to keep moving or whether I can just leave it on as a facial mask and then wash it off.

Also, can someone describe to me how you "roll and press" the product into your skin WITHOUT rubbing and scrubbing? I feel like I HAVE to rub/scrub while I "roll." Oh gosh . . . this post is getting to be a bit loopy Laughing

Thanks for your help! I really hope I can see a difference in my pores!

Lisa
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:59 am      Reply with quote
You are supposed to work the product into your skin for 3-5 minutes as opposed to letting it sit. I, too, have oily skin but I don't work it in for quite that long, probably 1-2 minutes and it seems to work just find. I also 'cheat' when using the massage technique -- I end up doing a little rubbing and scrubbing (so far my face is still on, heehee).
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Chunlisa - I just press my fingers and then sort of "pluck" my fingers from my face - then press and "pluck"...I don't let it sit, nor do I rub (which is amazing for me)...I'm so impressed with this product that I couldn't bear to cheat..isn't that idiotic??
Pudoodles
steph2039
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
I just received my first order of this yesterday and my first use was last night. I say my first order because after two uses I am already liking this product and am sure this will be a regular for me.

I'm using it exactly as Pudoodles described in that I'm moreless using the press, roll, and pluck method. I really don't know how to describe it other than that. I had lots of questions about how to apply it, but after receiving it, it all made sense then. I never really stop working it into my skin. After my first use last night, I woke up this morning with very refined looking skin. My skin must have really needed this. I am anticipating a few breakouts from this, but so far so good.

On another note, I immediately was put off by the smell (honestly, I still am). But, the results when I woke up this morning were worth it. My skin looked plump (I mean this in a good way). FWIW, I also started using the cleansing milk (which I immediately liked), and the smells of the two products were vastly different. The milk has a perfumy smell (almost too much), which is a direct contrast to the cleansing creme smell. Either way, after seeing glowing skin when I woke up this morning, I'm sticking with it.

Hope this helps,
Stephanie Smile

Stephanie
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ladies -- so this "press and pluck" method. Is it like a "pressure tap?" I mean that I'm pressing my fingers into my skin with some pressure to get the product to "seep" (??) into the skin. Then I release my fingers from that spot and move to another spot. So it actually looks like I'm tapping my skin but each "tap" has some pressure to it.

Gosh . . . I must sound so strange but I just want to make sure I'm doing things right or else I won't get the results I want! Smile

Thank you all for your help!
Lisa
steph2039
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Hi Ladies -- so this "press and pluck" method. Is it like a "pressure tap?" I mean that I'm pressing my fingers into my skin with some pressure to get the product to "seep" (??) into the skin. Then I release my fingers from that spot and move to another spot. So it actually looks like I'm tapping my skin but each "tap" has some pressure to it.

Gosh . . . I must sound so strange but I just want to make sure I'm doing things right or else I won't get the results I want!

Lisa

I think your description of "press and pluck" is probably a better description. That's what I'm doing while moving my hands vertically.

Like I said before, I'm new at this so I'm sure someone will chime in with a better description if I'm wrong. From what I've read this does seem to be a love it or hate it product. For me, (after only 1 day) I'm loving it. Actually, I hadn't expected to see any results for a few weeks.

Hope this helps,
Stephanie Smile
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using this for oh, 5 days or so now. I massage and press into my skin while keeping my fingers stationary then roll them and lift off my face. I was so worried I would scrub my face off or something but I don't. It does become clearer once you get it on your face and focus on not moving your fingers over your face with the product under them, if that makes sense! Just massage, press and then roll your fingers off. I'm sure that's clear as mud....

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, I forgot to mention I do this for 2-3 minutes on my oily skin, sometimes a little longer and then rinse off.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
chunlisa wrote:

Gosh . . . I must sound so strange but I just want to make sure I'm doing things right or else I won't get the results I want! Smile

Lisa

You don't sound strange at all (at least not to me!) It sounds pretty much like what I do...I don't press hard or anything... but *I think* I pretty much do what you have just described - and my results are just fabulous! Good luck - I hope you love it as much as I do!
Pudoodles
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:09 am      Reply with quote
This website has a video clip of how to use the Cleansing Cream. It has a demonstration of the pressing and rolling action.
Couldn't get the direct link to the video clip to work so you need to click on Cleansing Cream on the 'What's Hot' section on the left hand side. Then scroll down to the 'How it Works' bit and if you have Real Player version 10 installed you should be able to watch it.
Mabsy

Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:47 am      Reply with quote
I press/knead this into my skin for about 2 minutes and then rinse it off. I think the main thing is to press it and roll your hands off so that you get a mini-suction thing happening. This is so hard to explain and yet so worth doing properly...

Toe - have you had any luck with the cleansing cream video? I've got RP 10 and I can't view it. I'll try tomorrow just in case it's just down today.
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:10 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Toe - have you had any luck with the cleansing cream video? I've got RP 10 and I can't view it. I'll try tomorrow just in case it's just down today.

I had a bit of trouble getting it to play this morning. Had three attempts at playing it. I wanted to see if I was using the product correctly. From the way you've described how you use it it sounds to me like you're doing the right thing. Smile It's all in the suction!
The one thing I picked up from the video is that you should start on the forehead and then move down your face. I was starting on the cheeks. Oh, and they do state that you should never rub or scrub! Shame on you
Mabsy

Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:05 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Toe. I'll give it a go tomorrow out of curiosity. I also start from my cheeks, I wonder why it's better to start from the forehead... Think
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:21 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
I wonder why it's better to start from the forehead... Think

Couldn't say for sure, but another cleansing product that I use gives instructions for a lymphatic massage technique that helps to draw out impurities etc. That massage technique starts on the forehead too.
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:02 am      Reply with quote
THE VIDEO IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
That answers all my questions about this pressing and rolling technique! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!
Kk1668
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:26 am      Reply with quote
That is a great video which doesn't only show you how to use the cream but also how the product really works. Thanks Toe.

KK
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:50 am      Reply with quote
Toe! Thank you! That video is great, the whole site is! This is exactly what I've been doing, whew! I have noticed my pores cleaning out after almost a week so I figured I was doing something right but it wonderful to actually see it for confirmation. Smile Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:47 am      Reply with quote
I can't seem to get the video or not yet at least. I'll try again later. Otherwise, I'll just have to fly by the seat of my pants. With my facial cleanser. Laughing

I haven't bought it yet, but I think that all the good reviews have finally convinced me to try it. So this part of the question might seem obvious and written on the the tube, but now I am intrigued by the pressing and rolling. Am I supposed to do the pressing and rolling with my fingers or the palms of my hands?
stephie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:15 am      Reply with quote
I also greatly appreciate the video post—thanks toe!

I've recently bought my first tube of the Dr. H cleansing cream and after watching the video, my question is: Am I the only one who has not been doing the warm & cold compresses prior/post washings? I've already used about 1/3 of the tube and somehow passed over these steps in the instructions. I've still noticed a positive improvement since using the product, so how crucial are these steps?

i feel a bit foolish—and also .. a bit lazy. haha.
Mabsy

Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:48 am      Reply with quote
marella wrote:
I can't seem to get the video or not yet at least. I'll try again later. Otherwise, I'll just have to fly by the seat of my pants. With my facial cleanser. Laughing

I haven't got it to work either. If you do have RP10 installed (which I do) then if you can't get it to work it might be because of your firewall or proxy settings (I'm guessing that's what the problem is with me).
Kk1668
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:34 am      Reply with quote
I have been using the CM & CC for 3 days now, and following the press & roll instruction, but the CC doesn't seem to do anything to me. I was hoping it would clean my pores on my nose to avoid squeezing them every night. But I will be persistent and see what it does after a tube.
Does anyone have a greasy face after using the cleansing milk? Confused My face feels greasier after using the CM... Sad

KK
steph2039
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:00 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
I have been using the CM & CC for 3 days now, and following the press & roll instruction, but the CC doesn't seem to do anything to me. I was hoping it would clean my pores on my nose to avoid squeezing them every night. But I will be persistent and see what it does after a tube.
Does anyone have a greasy face after using the cleansing milk? My face feels greasier after using the CM...

KK

I just started using these same two products 5 days ago and am really enjoying them. For me, I don't have a greasier feeling after using the milk. I acutally like how my skin feels after using it. What type of skin do you have? Mine is normal so maybe it's different for different skin types.

Did you take a look at the link Toe posted in this thread? It shows exactly how to use the creme. I couldn't get it to work until last night and it is a very informative video clip. Thanks Toe! Very Happy

I'm new to this line as well, but there seems to be a lot of people who like it. I'm sure someone will chime in with some other ideas.

Stephanie
Kk1668
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:20 am      Reply with quote
Hi Steph,

I have normal to combo skin and do not normally have greasy skin. I really don't understand why it feels so greasy with the CM. I looked at the video and I think I am doing exactly what it says...hmmmm...maybe I am asking for miracles?!

Thanks for your advise, S.

K.
freefall2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:27 am      Reply with quote
Great video, very informative. I couldn't get it to play inside the Dr H website so I opened Real Player, it opens like a web browser, and pasted the website in there and it worked that way.

The pores around my nose are still blocked after over a month of using the cleansing cream so I'm going to try the compress to open them before cleansing and see if that helps.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
I *finally* got the video to work by messing around with my internet settings. And boy, was it worth it! Thanks Toe for the link Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:16 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |