Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Is Clarisonic brush okay for delicate skin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 02, 2015 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone!

My old clarisonic brush broke and I didn't bother to get it fixed and I stopped using the brush all together for over two years.

I'm over 30 and my skin became more delicate and I think it was a mistake that I stopped using vitamin C.
I'm back on it now and look forward to better texture, but I am not so sure if I should go back to using Clarisonic delicate brush head again.

For all the "mature" skin girls, would you suggest to get it? Our skin is not the same as it was in our 20's & 30's, or at least, not for me. Sad
krissi

Mon May 11, 2015 9:54 am      Reply with quote
Hello Skincare,

I am 30 years old with sensitive skin and occational hormonic acne. I bought clarisonic and to be honest I cant use it more than one time per week. Either my skin will be irritated, new pimles coming out or skin becoming try...
I talked with very respected derma. And she said that i shouldn't use it at all.. it is just brushing away my skin natural protection layer.

I was thinking to change my sensitive brush for the skilky one (new brushes came out at the end of 2014), but afraid to spend too much money...

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 11, 2015 11:53 pm      Reply with quote
I have been very hesitant about getting this thinking if it works for delicate skin. But then, it becomse so trendy and making me feel I am kind of out of date since I haven't got one. It's good to know it doesn't really work for everyone.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 12, 2015 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
I need to use it every morning to sweep away all the dead skin from Retin A. Then with my skin "stripped" I apply SkinBiology's copper peptides and then estriol cream.
jenw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 21, 2015 11:57 am      Reply with quote
I know the Clarisonic comes with the sensitive brush when you buy it but I think there is even a less abrasive brush head that you can get! Delicate maybe?
I'm 32 and have the Mia 2 and I find I cant use the higher speed with the sensitive brush head.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
jenw wrote:
I know the Clarisonic comes with the sensitive brush when you buy it but I think there is even a less abrasive brush head that you can get! Delicate maybe?
I'm 32 and have the Mia 2 and I find I cant use the higher speed with the sensitive brush head.

Thanks!
I ended up getting Mia 2 and hope to purchase the lux brush head. I got an amazing deal for it.
xandria
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
My clarisonic broke 6 months after 2 year warranty was up. I called the company to ask about my options to either have the device repaired or coupon for a new device. They give a 25% off coupon good for 30 days. I will not be replacing it, I'll just go back to my previous method of using a manual hand brush. It works just fine. Wish I hadn't spent my money on this over priced brush in the first place.

Late 40's, Currently using AALS, Violet Ray 12/2010. Skincare products; Derma-e peptides plus & hyalorinic acid night cream, Origins; Antioxidant moisturizer with White Tea & Antioxidant cleanser with White Tea. Skin Laboratory Glycolic, Lactic & Salicylic acids. Recently started using 12/2010 Skin Biology's CP serum & TTT.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:39 am      Reply with quote
I have had both the regular and Mia and prefer the Mia. I use the delicate and sensitive brushed and only use it once to every other day and it is fine.

Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:29 pm      Reply with quote
For many brushes, no matter branded or unknown branded,all face the problem that it will broken up someday. Mostly the head runs for some month then need a replacement but hard to find the replacement, that would be upset. Even though I use the Suyanmei brand brush perfect right now, but who knows when it will broken up. But luckily I have use it for more that 1 year and it still work well.
Maybe you can have a try about this Suyanmei Brand Brush.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:36 am      Reply with quote
I have sensitive and dry skinned and have a clarisonic which has worked great for my sensitive skin without problem. I personally like to change the brush heads every 6 months although that's my personal preference.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:35 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
I have sensitive and dry skinned and have a clarisonic which has worked great for my sensitive skin without problem. I personally like to change the brush heads every 6 months although that's my personal preference.

Great to know! I've had mine for a month and the lux brush is working for me.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:32 am      Reply with quote
I have had the brush for about 2 years though - if not longer and I just like to change the head for hygienic reasons. I have a friend who has never changed her head and has had it for over a year (yuck!).
Skincare wrote:
TheresaMary wrote:

Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
Not good! Christmas is coming soon, so I hope to buy in bulk with promotional discounts.

TheresaMary wrote:
I have had the brush for about 2 years though - if not longer and I just like to change the head for hygienic reasons. I have a friend who has never changed her head and has had it for over a year (yuck!).
Skincare wrote:
TheresaMary wrote:

Lola33
5% products discount

Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
I was hoping to get some discounts on Yonka products. Have been checking the site for some time, but no discounts. Not even a free gift with order. Hope a Christmas discount shows up soon!!!
blondehart
5% products discount

Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
I'd had my MIA for awhile & was pleased w/the 25% credit that Clarisonic gave me when it died. I found the MIA Fit & got it. I'll report back.

Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
My skin is very fragile, and I use a Clarisonic brush every day.
blondehart
5% products discount

Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
What brush head do you use?

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:47 am      Reply with quote
I am using plus with sensitive blush, thats really good.
oaijason
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
regular brush should be fine i think
chenhui
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
I know the Clarisonic comes with the sensitive brush when you buy it but I think there is even a less abrasive brush head that you can get!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:59 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |