Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Best face massage technique for forehead lines?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
krissi

Tue May 05, 2015 2:38 am      Reply with quote
Hello ladies!

I have quite strong forehead lines and 11 lines between my eyebrows.
I would love to try face massage, but at the same time I am afraid a bit (there are also negative comments about FM results, e.g. amplifying wrinkles).

What FM techniques have you used? Which technique gave you the best results dealing with forehead lines?

Thank you!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 05, 2015 4:50 am      Reply with quote
Okay well the first thing to realise is that the lines you have are caused by repeated expression making like frowning and raising your eyebrows so until you learn to be in more control of your face you will always suffer from them. A lot of people make expressions in their sleep which is why you will read about frownies helping so many people because they prevent you from making those expressions and aren’t as expensive as botox.

Now you say about negative comments amplifying wrinkles. I would tell you to really look at the people who have said that stuff as to what they were doing. Often times you will find out there was something underneath that. Especially when you are on a place like EDS where there are so many educated people who know how to find out why something is occurring. I too at times were duped into believing things about massage, but can honestly say that I would not go without it nowadays. It really helps my skin and face and I can feel and see a difference in if I don’t do it.

There isn’t a “best” technique because all the techniques out there work on different issues/problems. So what works for me, isn’t guaranteed to work for you because we are different ages, genetics etc. Likewise dealing with forehead lines – yours is different than that of Jane, Jessica, Linda etc.

krissi wrote:
Hello ladies!

I have quite strong forehead lines and 11 lines between my eyebrows.
I would love to try face massage, but at the same time I am afraid a bit (there are also negative comments about FM results, e.g. amplifying wrinkles).

What FM techniques have you used? Which technique gave you the best results dealing with forehead lines?

Thank you!
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 05, 2015 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
I know that you had asked about facial massage.

I really do swear by Furlesse for "11".

You can buy from EDS.
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/furlesse_line_reducing_patches.htm

I did have a package of Frownies and I prefer these.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 06, 2015 2:07 am      Reply with quote
Autumn, thank you for sharing. I have been kind of bothered by my frownies and have spent quite a lot on Botox. But, I would like to try some way easier now and less expensive. It is my firt time to know about the tape for wrinkles. Furlesse is in my shopping cart. But, I would like to know if they have effect for longer time. I mean if the effect only lasts after each time you put on Furlesse. And if you skip one night, you don't see any improvement on the 11 lines?
Judy Chen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 06, 2015 8:14 am      Reply with quote
Autumn, do you have experience with Furlesse Rows Forehead line patches? I also need some way to correct the forehead lines. Would like to know how Furlesse works on that?
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 06, 2015 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
I have used the "11" patches almost every night for at least two months. It takes a few weeks to see results. I did skip a night once in a while. (You know the sort of thing where you are already in bed and then you remember and you just don't want to get up.)

Even when I skip a night, the smoothness is still there.

I have not tried anything on the horizontal forehead lines. For whatever reason, those don't bother me as much. I started getting forehead lines at 16. But after seeing the results on the "11" I am thinking I should try.

Furlesse sells patches in all sizes.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 06, 2015 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
Autumn, thank you. I certainly will add Furlesse in the shopping cart. The horizontal lines on forehead bothers me a lot. Not sure if I should start with 11 or take them both at one time. Thank you anyway. This is so interesting to me.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 07, 2015 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
Judy Chen wrote:
Autumn, thank you. I certainly will add Furlesse in the shopping cart. The horizontal lines on forehead bothers me a lot. Not sure if I should start with 11 or take them both at one time. Thank you anyway. This is so interesting to me.

Judy:

If you have to choose only one, I would pick the "11" patches. It is a rather unique shape. If you don't want to buy the "rows" for the forehead, Nexcare first aid tape works.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 07, 2015 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
I've been doing skin massage on that area for a few months now and my 11's are completely gone! As are the horizontal wrinkles on my forehead. They were very prominent and deep until I started the massaging. I've tried wearing frownies and they were uncomfortable, fell off and didn't work whatsoever. I consider this technique pretty natural and very low maintenance.
hydrogeogirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 07, 2015 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
I use a combination of: resistance facial exercise to keep the muscles strong, Sanford Bennett's friction massage, facial pads (I use frowns but am open to experimenting), Tom Hagerty's scalp massage (check out his smooth forehead) and facial massage. I also practice maintaining a serene forehead and try to enhance skin cell turnover and promote collagen production. Of course, I still have them, but they are softer and I believe that the effort slows the degradation process.

Smile

61 in 2/2021. Author of "Skin Remodeling DIY, An Introduction to the Underground World of Do-It-Yourself Skin Care" May 2015. Sunscreen/skin protection, DIY C serum, firming serums, Retin-A, OCM, FlexEffect from 2002, lymphatic massage, 6 rolls/year 1.5 mm derma roller from 2008, Infrared/Red LED from 2009, Galvanic/Ultrasound intermittent
bob44
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 07, 2015 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
Ollie wrote:
I've been doing skin massage on that area for a few months now and my 11's are completely gone! As are the horizontal wrinkles on my forehead. They were very prominent and deep until I started the massaging. I've tried wearing frownies and they were uncomfortable, fell off and didn't work whatsoever. I consider this technique pretty natural and very low maintenance.

do you mind sharing your massaging technique?
Judy Chen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 07, 2015 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
Ollie, it sounds amazing that wrinkles can be gone by massaging. How did you do? Would you share?
Judy Chen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 07, 2015 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
Autumn1995 wrote:
Judy Chen wrote:

Judy:

If you have to choose only one, I would pick the "11" patches. It is a rather unique shape. If you don't want to buy the "rows" for the forehead, Nexcare first aid tape works.

Autumn, thank you. You reminded me I should just sart with one first. I do not know even first aid tape can work. It's even more interesting. Thank you.
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 09, 2015 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
Ollie wrote:

Do we need to use tool like Gua Sha tool while massage ?
Hope you can sharing Smile
Ollie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 09, 2015 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
It's pretty easy really. You take your index finger and middle finger and put them tightly together and rub the tips of those fingers on your 11's vertically. (the same way your 11's go) and rub up and down over your 11's very quickly to a count of 30. One back and one forth motion counts as 1. Another back and forth motion count as 2 and so on.

As for the forehead, I use the back of my hand and rub it horizontally back and forth quickly (in the same direction as the forehead lines) for a count of 30 also. Does this make sense? I do these for 2 days both morning and at night. Then take a day off. Then do another 2 days and take a day off. The key is being consistent and sticking with it to see results. It will take about a month before you will start to see the 11's start to fade away...after about 3-4 months mine were completely gone! Hope this helps!
Judy Chen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 09, 2015 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
It does seem easy as well as interesting. I would like to try. Thank you Ollie
krissi

Sun May 10, 2015 9:28 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Olli! I will try also your massage!
Judy Chen let us know your progress!Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 10, 2015 10:29 pm      Reply with quote
Ollie what you describe sounds similar to facial detox massage (video link here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWQ-vJ397u8). Thank you for reminding me of it, as I did it a few times and saw some changes but didn't keep it up. will start doing it again after your post
Ollie wrote:
It's pretty easy really. You take your index finger and middle finger and put them tightly together and rub the tips of those fingers on your 11's vertically. (the same way your 11's go) and rub up and down over your 11's very quickly to a count of 30. One back and one forth motion counts as 1. Another back and forth motion count as 2 and so on.

As for the forehead, I use the back of my hand and rub it horizontally back and forth quickly (in the same direction as the forehead lines) for a count of 30 also. Does this make sense? I do these for 2 days both morning and at night. Then take a day off. Then do another 2 days and take a day off. The key is being consistent and sticking with it to see results. It will take about a month before you will start to see the 11's start to fade away...after about 3-4 months mine were completely gone! Hope this helps!
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 11, 2015 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Ollie and Theresa for videos !
Will try everyday Bad Grin
sigzephyr
5% products discount

Mon May 11, 2015 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
I've just started Tom Hegarty's scalp exercise. Has anyone tried this for horizontal forehead lines?
Ollie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 11, 2015 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
You're welcome ladies!! TheresaMary, You're right, I actually did get the forehead massage from facial detox but made the other one for the 11's up myself wondering if it was silly and a waste of time or if it would work and thankfully after lots of persistence, it did!! I don't do the rest of the facial detox program as I didn't think the results of the people on the website were all that dramatic. I also know I should be doing a facial exercise program in it's entirety but I haven't found one that works. Maybe someone could recommend a good one??? I hope you all get to achieve the same great results I did from these simple massage techniques. Good luck and let me know how it's going!!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 12, 2015 7:20 am      Reply with quote
There were some impressive results to me, and some not so but then I’ve seen that with facial exercise programs and I suppose at the end of the day its down to how the person feels doing it. If someone does facialdetox and loves it more power to them. I don’t do any exercise program in its entirety but I have done many before for time and realised that each program creator had created their program on what they thought they needed for their face. So with that knowledge, I started recognising that what Carole Maggio may think she needs for her face, isn’t the same as Loulou or Deb or Carolyn, or Eva etc. And rightly so. I do exercises from all of them and it works for me so don’t be so hard on yourself about not doing a program in its entirety as I’m not so sure its true.
Ollie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 14, 2015 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
There were some impressive results to me, and some not so but then I’ve seen that with facial exercise programs and I suppose at the end of the day its down to how the person feels doing it. If someone does facialdetox and loves it more power to them. I don’t do any exercise program in its entirety but I have done many before for time and realised that each program creator had created their program on what they thought they needed for their face. So with that knowledge, I started recognising that what Carole Maggio may think she needs for her face, isn’t the same as Loulou or Deb or Carolyn, or Eva etc. And rightly so. I do exercises from all of them and it works for me so don’t be so hard on yourself about not doing a program in its entirety as I’m not so sure its true.

You're so right TheresaMary! I couldn't agree more! Have you seen the exercises by Honeybee on the Realself website? I think I may give those a try along with the exercises I'm doing for my forhead and see if they work. I'm trying to get rid of marionette lines and have tried just about everything. They're so depressing....literally Bad Grin
Cdette

Thu May 14, 2015 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
[/quote]Tom Hagerty's scalp massage (check out his smooth forehead)

I would love to do the scalp exercises but I can't figure out how to do them. Can you explain it?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 15, 2015 2:26 am      Reply with quote
Yes I saw those exercises, and her photos of changes are great. I don’t get those exercises fully though – I’m a visual learner so need to see things with my own eyes to fully get them if that makes sense. For me I thought I would always have marionette lines as my mother and her mother had them but what got rid f them for me was the FlexEffect cross stretching time!
Ollie wrote:
You're so right TheresaMary! I couldn't agree more! Have you seen the exercises by Honeybee on the Realself website? I think I may give those a try along with the exercises I'm doing for my forhead and see if they work. I'm trying to get rid of marionette lines and have tried just about everything. They're so depressing....literally Bad Grin
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:26 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |