Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
Retin A & Coconut Oil application Help----Please
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 11, 2015 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
Quick question....Should Retin A be applied over coconut oil or under----and why?

I have been applying the Retin A approx. 30-45 minutes after washing my face and then waiting another 30 minutes and then applying the coconut oil....in my pm routine. Unfortunately I read an article the other day that states to apply the coconut oil first and then wait approx. 30-45 Mins. and apply the Retin-A!?

Dry - Combo Skin - added Retin A to my pm skincare regime on March 20, 2015---I have used Rosehip and coconut oil-daily-for over a year and this significally reduced my scarring and evened my skin tone
Pandax12
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 11, 2015 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
MentorAmy05 wrote:
Quick question....Should Retin A be applied over coconut oil or under----and why?

I have been applying the Retin A approx. 30-45 minutes after washing my face and then waiting another 30 minutes and then applying the coconut oil....in my pm routine. Unfortunately I read an article the other day that states to apply the coconut oil first and then wait approx. 30-45 Mins. and apply the Retin-A!?

Keep doing what your doing. If you are new to Retin-A and have some real issues with redness,irritation, etc. then using the coconut oil first may be a good idea until your skin adjust to it. If that article implied that is the best way for everyone, they have been smokin some funny cigs. Bad Grin
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 12, 2015 12:39 am      Reply with quote
I've been applying it together! For no reason than it is easy..and i figure the retin A won't be too aggressive and irritating.
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 12, 2015 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
I only had issues the 2nd week and have been good since Smile I use it every afternoon bur was curious as to if it would work better alone or with the coconut or rosehip oil.....Of course I don't want to take away any of the "anti-aging" properties Wink I assume it would probably absorb better into the skin, if applying after but then again I'm not 100% certain now, considering the above said article. Thanks for your thoughts! Smile)

Dry - Combo Skin - added Retin A to my pm skincare regime on March 20, 2015---I have used Rosehip and coconut oil-daily-for over a year and this significally reduced my scarring and evened my skin tone
Judy Chen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 12, 2015 11:09 pm      Reply with quote
If Retin A is too strong for you, then use coconut oil firs before retin A. Otherwise, Retin A should be first before coconut oil.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 13, 2015 3:56 am      Reply with quote
It can be applied before or after - after the relevant time (30 minutes) depending on what your skin needs. Some skins are irritated very easily by Retin A (and depends on the means - gel is different than cream and microgel). So if you get easily irritated, applying coconut first is a good idea until your skin gets used to it. If your skin is already used to it, then applying Retin A and the coconut oil 1/2 an hour afterwards should stop your skin drying out.
MentorAmy05 wrote:

Laradavid

Fri May 15, 2015 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
Applying coconut oil (raw, organic) first prevents my skin from dryness.
In my opinion, coconut oil is a good deliverance mechanism (Carrier), since Retinol is somewhat dry and have difficulties to penetrate in a deeper skin layers.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 17, 2015 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the information. Smile Fortunately, I am not having any issues with the Retin-A....I was just curious in regards to the application and if it should be applied before or after coconut oil....For optimal results!?

I also would think that the coconut oil or rosehip oil (which I also use) would both help penetrate the Retin-A, thus making the Retin A do a better "job", per say(?)

System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:51 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |