Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

L ascorbic acid powder + jergens body lotion = yes??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Hilary75

Thu May 28, 2015 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
I bought the big bag of laa and then read that the powder is only really good for a year(ish) before it starts to degrade so I'm trying to find other stuff to do with it besides making my serum. I read somewhere else that you can mix it in with a body lotion that doesn't already have a bunch of bells and whistles in it. I have a bottle of jergens can I just add a bit of my powder to a pump of my lotion and apply all over?

I don't know about ratios and stuff and I haven't been able to find the info I'm looking for so does anyone here know if this is a good idea? I've been using a little powder and a pump of lotion for my legs, more powder and another pump for my arms etc. Is there a ph issue I should be aware of? I guess if my skin starts burning then something's not right.

Help, I'm a DIY toddler I think.
xandria
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 29, 2015 5:58 am      Reply with quote
Not to hi-jack your thread. I have the same question. I bought vitamin c powder to make a serum but never got around to it. The powder is probably still good.

Late 40's, Currently using AALS, Violet Ray 12/2010. Skincare products; Derma-e peptides plus & hyalorinic acid night cream, Origins; Antioxidant moisturizer with White Tea & Antioxidant cleanser with White Tea. Skin Laboratory Glycolic, Lactic & Salicylic acids. Recently started using 12/2010 Skin Biology's CP serum & TTT.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 29, 2015 6:51 am      Reply with quote
Well heat and light degrades LAA so provided its not exposed to those it can probably last longer than a year - but I tend to use LAA to make easy to us serums in etc and use them regularly.

You know you can simply add some LAA to water. I don't think it will workwith Jergens because LAA is water soluble meaning it has to be mixed with water to properly disburse and mix thoroughly. I don't know what other things are in Jergens but these may stop the LAA from mixing into the solution.

With LAA there are different schools of thought, but a lot of it depends on your skin and how sensitive it is etc. Its not something I think I can answer for you but you need to research. Alternatively you can also just stick some LAA in your bathwater too!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 29, 2015 7:02 am      Reply with quote
Ha ha I copied and pasted stuff from another forum (sorry JP and Sean) but they explain it better than I can!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:59 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |