Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pevonia Spa Clinica Pro Micro-Retinol Essential Moisturizer (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Tanda ZAP - White B Kamins Nia-Stem Kx Starter Kit (4 items)
Stretched skin from doing facial exercises- really need help

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
solarflower

Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi LouLou,

Thanks for your reply. I didn't see it until now.
My situation hasn't improved 7 weeks on, I was wondering if I could send you pictures to get some advice. I lost a lot of volume from the lower face, and created all those folds. I don't have any folds with my resting face, it just looks hollow around my mouth. I used to have a chubby face and after one week of performing the exercise wrong and too intensely I lost all the volume. The skin wrinkles and folds terribly when I smile now. I'm trying to just let it rest but I'm not getting the volume back. Would putting on weight help with that? I'm not ready to throw the towel in just yet but I don't know how to heal this.
akami
5% products discount

Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:13 am      Reply with quote
Any update?? Just read this thread. That is why I am so scared to do facial exercise, everything seems to have a possibility of making us much worse than we started.

I have wanted to do facial exercise for some time but other than a fear of making things worse, I am also terrible with understanding how to do them. I have had Carole Maggio book for some time but every time I looked and tried to do a few exercises I got frustrated because it wasn't clear enough for me, I felt like I wasn't doing a thing with any muscle, it all seemed like I am supposed to exercise my envisioned muscle in my head. I also tried a few others I found on youtube but again, most of them made me feel like I wasn't doing anything.

I recently bough Facial Flex Ultra, a little device you put in your mouth and it is supposed to work several muscles. I felt like I needed a device to actually work my muscles, it is getting pretty good reviews, and I actually feel the burn and seems like it engages a lot of muscles. I have been using it for less than a week but I am terrified of having some bad effect. So far I feel like it made my jaw line a bit stronger and more firm so nothing bad yet but I know it can take a while to develop bad results. The instructions say to use 2x a day for 2 min which is a lot of reps, and everything I read says not to do a lot of reps with facial exercise. There is no burn until the end though so doing less may not have any effect. It doesn't create any folds while doing it, but my expression is terrible while doing it and I worry it may overwork a wrong muscle. Just so frustrating so know what to do. Anyone tried this device?

Hope things got better for you!
Facerobics

Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone, it is Peta here from Facerobics. I have been reading this thread and felt the need to come on and clarify what has happened to SolarFlower.

The Facerobics program is a "gradual" face exercise program, which allows people to build up the repetitions.

Also what is very important part of the program is isolating the muscles so as not to cause more wrinkles.

You cannot just go straight into 150 repetitions a day, and just exercise one area on your face, and do them over and over and think it is going to work. The Facerobics program is to be done with a FULL FACE ROUTINE with the theory that LESS IS BEST!. And MaryTheresa is correct, if you do too much you will cause more wrinkles.

I stress this over and over and over in my videos, I provide links to other videos explaining it, and I work tirelessly communicating this to people in the comments when asked.

I also request that people subscribe to the channel for the main reason is that I regularly put up videos explaining new techniques, and other related videos about what can happen if you do the exercises incorrectly. I find that most people are not interested in watching those videos, or dont even subscribe, then send me emails wanting me to fix the problems that they have created!

The main thing about the Facerobics program is that you start of 50 Repetitions for 2 weeks, then move all at once up to 100 repetitions for 2 weeks, and if possible, move up to 150 repetitions for another 2 weeks. The repetitions are not meant to be done more than that. That way it is a gradual build and the muscles are able to handle 150 repetitions a day after the build up.

I say also that if you cant manage 150, do 50 Repetitions for 3 weeks and 100 for 3 weeks. Then, they are to CHANGE all of the exercise routines, to new exercises and start again at 50 Repetitions after 6 weeks, building up again. This way the muscles have a chance to rest, and it is in the resting that the muscles build, and there is a gradual build again thru the levels.

What I can work out is SolarFlower, did too much, too soon and too often. And yes, she has to stop ALL face exercise until the muscles recover. It would be the same as if you were lifting weights in the gym, if you start with too much, you can do serious damage. The same applies to the muscles on your face.

I have a whole program set out, which explains this, and if you look at my before face exercise pictures that I usually put up at the end of the videos, you will see that this programme works, if it is done as I instruct.

As far as I can see, all of the information is correct that is given above, and am glad that others understand the basic principles of face exercising. That, it can be wonderful or disastrous.

Thanks for your time! Smile
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:33 am      Reply with quote
Peta – its great to have you here. Could you explain a bit why you recommend such high reps.

A lot of programs don’t have you do such high reps so was curious as to why you choose that for your program and would like to understand a bit more about that recommendation?
Facerobics

Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi TheresaMary, thank you for the welcome! My Facerobics Face Exercise Program is a gradual program for muscle growth.

This is why we start at 50 repetitions and build up to 150 if people can do it. It is in the building up to the higher repetitions that grows the muscles underneath the skin.

After much research and not having success with other programs, I realised that it is in the repetitions that creates muscle growth, along with other things that I discovered by doing the exercises regularly.

It is just the same as if you worked out in the gym, you have to do repetitions, and then rest to achieve growth.

If you cant go up to 150, just go to 100 and work the program over the same 6 weeks, 3 Weeks at 50 Repetitions and 3 weeks at 100 Repetitions. It give the same result.

When you start a new routine after 6 weeks and return to 50 repetitions again it achieves 3 things: 1) it gives the brain and the muscles a chance to learn the new exercises, 2) the gradual process starts again and 3) it mixes up the exercises so that the muscles do not get used to them, which stops growth.

One must change the routine every 6 weeks.

I have created routines for people to follow so that they will achieve success.

Hope that gives a better understanding of the programme.

Regards

Peta
wrinklefreeforever
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
I am following Peta and am only two weeks in. Trying not to do too much, but I do have a question.

When I work I tend to clench my face or lightly grind my teeth and I notice when I use the ladies room my face looks more saggy. Is there a resting face I could put my face into when working that would keep it lifted but without overworking it? Maybe that wide close smile?

This is important for me because i think I undo any good I've done when working every day and if I had a position to hold that would help!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:26 am      Reply with quote
Wrinklefreeforever that's a good question. I know Loulou talks a lot about Face Posture and think she is on the mark with that suggestion. Hopefully Peta can answer your question!
wrinklefreeforever wrote:
I am following Peta and am only two weeks in. Trying not to do too much, but I do have a question.

When I work I tend to clench my face or lightly grind my teeth and I notice when I use the ladies room my face looks more saggy. Is there a resting face I could put my face into when working that would keep it lifted but without overworking it? Maybe that wide close smile?

This is important for me because i think I undo any good I've done when working every day and if I had a position to hold that would help!
hydrogeogirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there,

I have done facial exercises from 2002 and I will never stop! Check out my blog for reasons why FE may not work for you.

http://www.skinremodelingdiy.com/blog/facialexercisesdotheywork

Take good care of yourself.
Deborah

58 in 2/2017. Author of "Skin Remodeling DIY, An Introduction to the Underground World of Do-It-Yourself Skin Care" May 2015. Sunscreen/skin protection, DIY C serum, firming serums, Retin-A, OCM, FlexEffect from 2002, lymphatic massage, 6 rolls/year 1.5 mm derma roller from 2008, Infrared/Red LED from 2009, Galvanic/Ultrasound intermittently
hydrogeogirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,

Dang, I don't enjoy taking selfies but I have one that I took Mar 2, 2017 that I now posted at the end of the blog. I am 58 in the photo. Recently I have only been doing FE about once every two weeks. I did them 6 days a week for about a decade then reduced to about 3 x week and lately once every 1-2 or 3 weeks. Want to get back to 3 x week.

Check it out.

58 in 2/2017. Author of "Skin Remodeling DIY, An Introduction to the Underground World of Do-It-Yourself Skin Care" May 2015. Sunscreen/skin protection, DIY C serum, firming serums, Retin-A, OCM, FlexEffect from 2002, lymphatic massage, 6 rolls/year 1.5 mm derma roller from 2008, Infrared/Red LED from 2009, Galvanic/Ultrasound intermittently
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:30 am      Reply with quote
You look great and so you obviously have a routine that works.

For what its worth - I'm jealous of your hair. Could you share what you use on it? It looks thicker and healthier than most 50 year olds I know! I'm going up to 70 and so my hair is thin and fine and getting finer and I'm desperate to try to boost it up.
hydrogeogirl wrote:
Hello,

Dang, I don't enjoy taking selfies but I have one that I took Mar 2, 2017 that I now posted at the end of the blog. I am 58 in the photo. Recently I have only been doing FE about once every two weeks. I did them 6 days a week for about a decade then reduced to about 3 x week and lately once every 1-2 or 3 weeks. Want to get back to 3 x week.

Check it out.
hydrogeogirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:30 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaMary, thank you!

Also thank you for the compliment on my hair.

I have used raw organic oils regularly on my hair for decades. I use Argan oil, pumpkin seed oil, hemp seed oil, of course coconut oil, avocado oil and others. Apply oil and leave it on hours if possible and then wash it out.

I have had highlights and to counteract the damage done by the highlights, I recently used olaplex for about two months. Over the past couple of years I used Paul Mitchell's Ahwapui keratin treatment.

Of course hair and skin is directly affected by nutrition, exercise, circulation, stress, etc. I enjoy living a healthy lifestyle.

My go to hair conditioner is raw organic oil purchased from Mountain Rose Herbs. These oils are highly nutritious and beneficial for skin and hair health. I try to only wash my hair once or twice a week and avoid using heat and harsh/synthetic ingredients. The headband method makes beautiful curls without heat, you can find it on YouTube it's awesome. Pureology and Paul Mitchell provide high quality products without some of the undesirable synthetic ingredients.

Facial exercises include scalp exercises. Scalp exercises and massage are important practices to increase circulation to improve hair quality.

I hope that you will be able to improve your scalp and hair quality Smile

Best wishes!

hydrogeogirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
PS

I forgot to ad that almost constant sun protection through the decades probably has protected hair as well as skin.

HGG

System
Automatic Message
Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:31 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pevonia Spa Clinica Pro Micro-Retinol Essential Moisturizer (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Orlane Oligo Hypoallergenique Cleanser Lotion Duo (2 items) Gatineau Melatogenine AOX Probiotics Youth Activating Beauty Serum (30 ml / 1 floz)