Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Create a Synergy with Your Skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:42 pm      Reply with quote
I have thought about this for some time now and, based on my own experiences, and comments read on these forums, I have come to the conclusion that any skin product can be beneficial so long as it suits the user, the user’s skin condition, the user’s lifestyle, health and hormones. No skincare or individual ingredient will be the answer to all your problems or turn back the aging clock. If there were, we would all know about it.
First and foremost, the user has to truly believe in the product, believe it will be beneficial, really love the product and how it feels on their skin and have absolutely no or few minor temporary adverse reactions to it.
Almost every company that manufactures skin products, does so for defined skin types. Some manufacturers, take it a step further and accommodate a number of skin types and ages but no manufacturer can ever know the frame of mind of the user, how they will apply the product, their health, all the intricacies of that user’s skin condition and the hormonal changes that can occur. Even the climate when the product is applied can enter the equation.
In saying all this, there is no need to be despondent over skincare, just buy and use what you really love and enjoy putting on your skin. If you really love the product and don’t expect miracles, then you should see and feel that your skin is looking good. How do you know if you are in synergy with your skincare? You can’t wait each day until it is time to apply it, when you do, you just look and feel great. You order more before the first bottle is finished. You may even try other different brands but you will usually return to that product or brand that is in synergy with you.
I have tried lots and lots of skincare products and some I have even stayed with for a considerable time because I believed it contained an ingredient that would work miracles on my skin. On many occasions, I felt I saw improvement but with long term use, I stopped fooling myself and returned to what made me feel good.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:03 am      Reply with quote
“First and foremost, the user has to truly believe in the product, believe it will be beneficial, really love the product and how it feels on their skin and have absolutely no or few minor temporary adverse reactions to it. “

Actually I disagree here. I don’t think a person has to believe in a product for it to work – quite the opposite. If you look at the studies on pubmed re Retin A – half the time the original testers didn’t know what they were applying, only that it was something for acne and that the side effects of it rejuvenating and regenerating the skin happened by accident – and without belief.
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:15 am      Reply with quote
It has also been proved that placebos work a certain amount of the time.

You are both right!
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:

Actually I disagree here. I don’t think a person has to believe in a product for it to work – quite the opposite. If you look at the studies on pubmed re Retin A – half the time the original testers didn’t know what they were applying, only that it was something for acne and that the side effects of it rejuvenating and regenerating the skin happened by accident – and without belief.

There are many studies on individual ingredients and I am sure that many users have seen benefits but not everyone. Of all the ingredients available, I believe vitamins C and E or their derivatives have been the most useful to the most users. Quite a number of year ago, I used retin A both OTC and prescription and had absolutely no benefit at all. In fact, the doctor, in the end, told me my skin was just not showing any improvements at all and I was wasting my time and money. I also really disliked using the products.

I am sure that many people would agree that they have purchased a new product or product line and saw immediate improvements but then, after a while, they perhaps became bored with the product or no longer liked using it and at the same time their perception of skin improvements faded or disappeared and they went on to try something else.

I guess you have to have found that one product or product line to understand what I am saying and I feel I am so lucky to have found mine.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:10 am      Reply with quote
I'm not sure what your point is. Absolutely everyone here likely has a product or 2 that they believe in and can't live without. Whatever anyone believes; scientific studies or before and after pictures tell the tale whatever we choose to believe. So it's never mind over matter.
But, yes..it is true that it's not one size fits all. Everyone is different and different things work for different people.
People keep searching because one thing doesn't do everything even if it works. And better products and promises keep flooding the market and some want to try every one of them. Probably some people try too many items at the same time and never give each particular thing a chance to really work.
But if you're talking about acceptance and the limitations of using so many products than that's such a personal thing. There are so many ways to resurface and rejuvenate the skin that it's difficult not to be curious..
We're not quite there yet and probably won't be in most of our lifetimes...but we will be able to someday tremendously stunt or halt most of the visible signs of aging.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:40 am      Reply with quote
tigerlily009 wrote:
I'm not sure what your point is.

Sorry for even posting. I haven't been on the forum for such a long time but back then everyone was so friendly.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:31 am      Reply with quote
The forum is friendly, however when you make extreme statements you shouldn't be surprised if people ask you questions about them.
bushy wrote:
tigerlily009 wrote:

Sorry for even posting. I haven't been on the forum for such a long time but back then everyone was so friendly.
tigerlily009
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
The forum is friendly, however when you make extreme statements you shouldn't be surprised if people ask you questions about them.
bushy wrote:
tigerlily009 wrote:

True..I just wasn't sure..

Bushy@...I was just trying to figure out what you were trying to say. If you read the rest of my post I think you can see that I was trying to guess. I was not trying to be rude...just curious that maybe you were trying to say something I wasn't getting.
harriet
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:18 am      Reply with quote
Hi Bushy.
Thanks for this post and so nice to hear from you again on this forum. I have also tried many lines and feel I have been swayed by how it worked for others and my hopes and wishes. It is hard to find what works but when I do I would like to stay with it. I find my skin has changed quite a bit as I age and also with the extreme seasons we have in my area so there is a need for flexibility. I feel the same way about liking to enjoy the process of using the products ...the sense of taking care of oneself, a bit of luxury and feel that this makes me more regular in caring for my skin.
Photopro
5% products discount

Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
Just give me Retin A and sunscreen - I don't need to believe anything, because it works, and the science shows it.

I don't see why women should be spending much on anything else (except for vitamin C and skin peels, which can be helpful).

I admit it's fun watching the hucksterism that goes on on the home shopping networks. Boy those people can talk fast! But it's all 99.9 percent BS and entertainment.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |