Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Dry brushing my eyebrows made them grow waaay fast!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Sil55

Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
Has this ever happened to anyone here? My husband took a picture of me and when I saw it I realized that I looked absolutely horrible because I had almost non-existant brows, I had overplucked them. It was august 2014, and I've been growing them ever since. My hair, nails, cuticles, etc always grow super fast, so in no time I was looking normal again, but I wasn't happy with them either, I wanted to reshape them so I needed them back to what they were when I was a kid, thick and angled. But while everyone else thought I had nice brows, I knew they weren't ok, they were sparse and I had a tiny bold spot. Also, I made the mistake of plucking inside the brow so I ended up making them round. I wanted to fill the space all the way to the arch, but the hair wasn't really growing.

So this was the situation a month and a half ago, when I became slightly obsessed with my eyebrows, and started to use a kids toothbrush to comb them. I wanted to comb them upright, so they look slightly casual and wild. But my hairs are a little stubborn, so I kept using the brush, and I wasn't harsh with them but I wasn't gentle either. Of course, except for a hair or two, no plucking at all took place.

Before I knew what happened, my eyebrows started to fill in like crazy. My bold spot? (the one that I had for over a year). GONE. The hairs that I was missing from inside my brows that were preventing me to shape them with an angle again? BOOM hello hairs! I used to hate the fact that they looked like "grayish" (i have brown hair) but now as they grow and grow (they look thicker too) I have a great eyebrow colour!

I am so surprised, I need to know if I'm hallucinating. Is this even possible? I mean, I have the picture with the overplucked eyebrows, and I have more pictures showing that they were growing steady for the next months, but not like this, I started dry brushing them, and they changed radically!

Any thoughts on this?

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:48 am      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for sharing. I am off to follow your lead. Will let you know if I am as successful and you.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
I brush my brows every day when I apply my brow powder, which requires several strokes to get right. Then I brush with brow gel. No difference. Some hairs go dormant and fall out over time, then grow back but that is what any hair on your body does. Perhaps you have poor circulation in that area normally.

I use Careprost on the outer third of my brows which are very sparse. Had tried minoxidil but the alcohol gave my brows dandruff. I might try that again every night but immediately dab on jojoba oil to prevent dryness. It would be cheaper.
Tiptoedancer
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
I dermaroll my eyebrows and that does the trick too. I do that once a month.

I also use minoxidil a few times a week.
Sil55

Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:25 am      Reply with quote
Yeah I think it has something to do with improved blood flow in the area. I use a toothbrush, wich is pretty abrasive on the skin.
I just started using Lumigan and I have been using some for the eyebrows, mainly just to see what happens. My eyebrows changed a lot since I dry brush the area, so I'm sure the dry brushing is the responsible for the hair growth.
Hey I dermarroll, and it didn't occur to me to use it to grow hair. Great idea!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
just to add to the conversation…

I used some careprotst on my eyebrows..and it took me a few days to pinpoint that was the reason I was having severe headache pains in my forehead.

so be careful..or aware if you try it and get the same symptoms..

I've also read that castor oil promotes hair growth.. use it on eyebrows and lash line for a dyi approach.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:08 am      Reply with quote
I have heard that too but I think what it actually does is thicken the hair by giving it more body so creates a look of more hair. Yet as soon as its washed out the hairs go back to their former state.
hotdocgirl wrote:
I've also read that castor oil promotes hair growth.. use it on eyebrows and lash line for a dyi approach.
Sil55

Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
hotdoc, bimatoprost could have all sorts of nasty side effects. I evaluated the pros and cons and decided to give it a go, being very careful with it. I'll keep in mind your experience!
So far I had no side effects, no redness, no irritation, I do notice that my eyes hurt during the day, especially in the afternoon, like when I didn't sleep long enough, but it could also be a side effect of staying up too late at night!

theresamary, you know, now that you mention it, I have realized that when I use almond oil to moisturize my face, and some gets into my eyelashes, they actually look thicker and fuller. Hum!

Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:02 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |