Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dark rings under eye: Need fast solution
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Emiliaj

Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:39 am      Reply with quote
Hi all,
My marriage is fixed for next month, and I want to get rid of the dark circles under my eyes ASAP. It’s everyone's dream to be gorgeous in her big day, but this discolouration under my eyes takes away my freshness look and am looking as tired and older. I’m very much concern about it and tried some of the creams, but didn’t feel any change. My friends console me that it can be hide by makeup, but I need a permanent solution. While browsing, I had noticed there are some clinics like The center for Dermatology in Richmond hill which provides effective dark circle under eyes treatments. Does anybody have experience with such treatments? Are they effective? Please share your experience with this or suggest any alternate permanent and fastest solution for my problem. It is urgent. Thank you in advance.
Sil55

Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Emilia, congrats on your upcoming wedding. I understand you are under a lot of stress, but you need to take a moment and breathe. I don't believe there's much to be done when you have only a month left, because anything you do could potentially harm your skin and/or face because of side effects. Let me tell you from the start that there are a lot of causes for under eye darkness, and each requires a different treatment, altough there's much chance that nothing will work. It could be hiperpigmentation, it could be thin skin that shows broken blood vessels, it could be deep set eyes that cast a shadow under the eyes.
What you could do is moisturize and take care of your skin.
You should understand that your request to "get rid of dark circles asap" is unrealistic. Eitherway, you can always consult with a dermatologist to evaluate your situation.
Your friends are right, hire a good make up artist and nobody will notice your dark circles. Enjoy your day, it is such a wonderful moment in everyone's life!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
This is copied and paste from a notepad from a Makeup Alley member. Marsen is no longer active on MUA.

Quote:

Dark Circles Explained

Dark circles under the eyes occur for 5 main reasons, some of these being hereditary:

1. Lack of sleep, fatigue or sickness: these are the kind that go away after a good night sleep or after you recover from an illness. Allergies and sinus problems can also cause dark circles.

2. Hyper-pigmentation: this usually happens in darker skintones, where the skin around the entire eye socket darkens due to melanin overproduction. These circles tend to be yellowish, brown or ashy in color.

3. Prominent blood vessels: many people have skin thin enough to show through the tiny vessels that everyone has under their eyes. These circles tend to be bluish in color, if you cannot actually see the vessels under the skin.

4. Leakage of iron oxide (hemosiderin) from capillaries: these dark circles get worse when one is tired or sick, but never really go away. They are distinct because they look purple or bruise-like, like when blood "pools" in a bruise.

5. Fat loss: the circles appear when the fat pad under the eyes begins to thin or drop southward with age, creating a hollow groove (called a tear through) that extends from the corner of the eye to the top of the cheeks. Some people are also born with this trait.

Solutions to each problem

1. Get some rest! Allergy medication, specially nasal sprays can also have an effect here. Also try Manuka honey with your tea. Manuka honey is a potent anti-inflammatory and I swear it made my circles lighter when I took it daily (very expensive though).

2. The #1 product you should be using 365 days per year is a high PPD sunscreen (remember, the sun stimulates melanin production). A bleaching cream with hydroquinone or kojic acid should help fade them as well as AHAs. Vitamin C serums and retinoids also have a skin brightening effect and will help somewhat.

3. You should concentrate on building up collagen underneath the eyes with retinoids. Start with an OTC retinol or retinal product and go slow (your skin is already thin and delicate). In my experience using retinal for many years now, it has never been able to thicken my skin enough to conceal dark circles, but YMMV of course.

4. Ladies, rejoice! There are plenty of products on the market these days that help strengthen the blood vessels (minimizing leakage) and breakdown the hemosiderin clearing the discoloration. Look for products containing lots of peptides. My favorite is Dermadoctor's Wrinkle Revenge Eye Balm; when used 2x/day for 1 week, my circles look 50% less dark.

In addition, try eating pumpkin seeds as they contain iron, magnesium and zinc. I am iron-deficient and swear they made my circles lighter after a couple of weeks. I get a lot of PMs asking how many I eat...usually a closed handful, more hurts my stomach. In the past 2 years I have also been using a heated gel eye-mask for dry eye and noticed it makes my dark circles much lighter, perhaps by increasing blood flow to the area. Must be used 2x/day for 15 minutes at a time (or until it cools off) to see results. This has worked better than anything else thus far!

5. If you are truly decided on "fixing" these circles, start saving up for temporary filler injections, which will plump up the skin under the eye eliminating the hollows. However, and I cannot stress this enough, please make sure to research filers extensively before going forward as there are many risks including lumps, tyndall effect, unevenness and blindness. And never do a permanent filler such as fat because it can mutate, migrate or grow as you age.

Let's talk makeup!

A lot of people think that a concealer covers dark circles. Well, not in most cases. Most dark circles need a corrector to counteract and erase the discoloration. The vast majority of dark circles are best masked with a true peach corrector because it looks the most natural. Yellow correctors tend to create a reverse-panda-effect (i.e. light circles) because it doesn't look as natural on the skin. Pink-toned correctors (i.e. salmon, bisque) are better at brightening the area rather than canceling out discoloration, thus better suited if you have hollows. Once you have corrected the discoloration, you can apply a regular concealer on top in your natural skin tone, if you wish.

If you find your concealer doesn't cover enough or doesn't last all day, try using an eye primer or BB cream under the eyes before concealing. This will make concealer adhere better and you may need even less product to achieve good coverage. Smashbox makes a hydrating undereye primer and Dior makes a BB cream specially for eyes. Also avoid heavy eye cream during the day as it will make your concealer fade faster and slip and slide into fine lines.

A little brightening powder under the eyes can also do wonders for dark circles and help set your concealer. A powder containing tiny shimmer particles optically diffuses light and creates the illusion of a smooth, bright surface. I use BeneFit Powderflage (it was discontinued though). Laura Mercier's Secret Brightening Powder in #2 is a little cakey, but also works. Ben Nye banana powder and BE Well Rested are also good options.

If you have thin skin, consider using a lotion with a subtle sun-tanner all over the face. Many companies make one these days, namely Clarins. The extra color will even out the complexion and help camouflage those teeny veins under the eyes. Another trick is applying bright cream blush high on the cheeks, directly below cheekbones. It helps detracts attention away from the circles and brightens the whole face.

About me:

I have #3, #4 and #5 types of circles, meaning, I have veiny, purple dark circles PLUS hollows, such is my luck! I use a thin layer of Bobbi Brown Light Peach corrector under a touch of Clé de Peau concealer in Beige. The CdP concealer is actually pink-toned, so it brightens the area and brings the hollows forward. I set it with BeneFit´s Powderflage powder. I'll use Clarins Radiance-Plus all over my face when I´m feeling truly pale. This helps camouflage veins and circles and evens out skintone as well. For treatment, I use DermaDoctor's Wrinkle Revenge eye balm, Neocutis Lumiere and Avene YsthéAL cream (night). In all, I find that dark circles look their best when you're happy!

End of notepad

My thoughts:

Marsen has some good makeup suggestions. You have plenty of time to try out different makeup ideas and purchase new items. I am sure you will be beautiful on your day.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:52 am      Reply with quote
Now I haven't used this ( just ordered a kit) but I do have a friend ( which is why I ordered it) who loves this and she said it covers her blemishes and dark circles very naturally.

So you could give it a trial ,I am.

HTH Smile

Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:47 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |