Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
Can facial exercise make you look 20 again
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Pablita
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:47 am      Reply with quote
Reading some threads and exchanging emails with a friend a question came to my mind...

Can facial exercise make you look 20 again considering you start doing them in your 30s?

Or do they make you look very good for your age like a better versión o your actual self but still you will look the age you have more or less?

What are your thoughs about this?
tigerlily009
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:34 am      Reply with quote
Pablita wrote:
Reading some threads and exchanging emails with a friend a question came to my mind...

Can facial exercise make you look 20 again considering you start doing them in your 30s?

Or do they make you look very good for your age like a better versión o your actual self but still you will look the age you have more or less?

What are your thoughs about this?

I'll just give you my personal thoughts on this as concise as I can.
Face exercises are not a literal time machine that shaves off a decade... as in a 20 year old can look 10 again just by doing them.
The worst signs of aging are typically the sagging skin, the loss of bone density and subcutaneous loss of fat in the face...and I suppose else where. This is where, I think, face exercises can really help.
It's an individual thing as to how people age. It's both genetic and environmental. Some people in their 30's naturally still look like they're in their 20's anyway although the aging process has slowly and subtly began. I suppose, in a way, it begins from the very day that we're born.
I think the most dramatic results will be for people that have already experienced some of the more severe signs of aging..the sagging..the fat and bone loss.
I'm in my 50's..the downside..and through some personal crisis abandoned most of my skincare routine for several years. I do have good genes but was horrified when I saw a picture of myself and went into retread mode (that included, among other things, face exercises). The first things that responded were the beginning of sag at the jawline and just beneath the neck (after skin texture.)
Since just last Fall the results have been dramatic and someone offhand and unsolicited recently accused me of being in my early 40's. I was stoked.
But I also realize now and from this point on the results are slowing down and are going to be more subtle.
I would think the more dramatic the need the more dramatic the results. A younger person with minor issues would be more in maintenance and prevention mode. Unless, of course, they are aging prematurely.
I don't know about people that use face exercises to try to change the shape of their face. I wouldn't try to do that myself so I can't speak on it..
maggie_p
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:31 am      Reply with quote
I second what Tiger Lily said. It is all individual and depends on how somebody ages and also, how somebody estimates age, some people look at skin, some at muscle tone, some at personality, style and general joie de vivre...

I am in my early 40s, have lost some weight and I do have some facial sagging. I have not been exercising a long time, only 2-3 months and I can see a lot of subtle improvements, which keeps me going. I also think that exercising can help with more severe types of ageing - sagging skin and loss of fat. There are a lot of experienced exercisers on this thread, so am quite curious what they have to say about this.

From my experience, in my early 30s, I loved how my face looked like. It became a bit more elongated and I really liked the look. I think that the key thing for differentiating between 20 something and 30 something is not so much facial muscles, more quality of skin, 20 something skin glows. For something like that, I would recommend facial massage, it really improves the quality of skin dramatically. I wish I knew that earlier Smile There are quite a few massage techniques that are discussed here.
I like Facial Detox, discussion about that http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=48004 and Tanaka massage http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=36457.
Pablita
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:19 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your answers girls,

I am in my thirties and look like i am in my late twenties, i would like to keep looking like this as long as i can ( would like forever lol), or to look a bit younger ( maybe 23 or 24).

Was wondering if that was possible as even ladies who get facelifts dont go back to looking 20.

I am going to check the massage threads 😊
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
I think someone's perceived age is to a great extent determined by their faciak expression. I look much older in the second pic here,when in fact the two photos were taken a day apart (i'm 52). It's not the number of lines that make you look a particular age, it's a reflection of an ability to recognise and respond to other people's moods, and also to hold definite views and have a clearer idea of what to do in the next 30 seconds!

Facial exercise and massage will get/keep you looking more youthful than you thought reasonable, but actually looking young... I understand your desire to stay looking young, but it's different when you experience the other

ImageImage

LL Cool

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
OMG OMG HUGE PICTURES!

Didn't mean to swamp the whole thread. Embarassed Didn't think pictures of me were all that fascinating.

Very sorry,
LL

5% products discount

Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
A smile always make one look younger, it uplifts the face, LouLou. See, it even makes emoticons look younger: Sad Very Happy

I don't know about loss of facial fat. I see very overweight and overweight people and it makes them look much older compared to people of the same age. Plus, the more overweight carry themselves differently that also makes them look older. It's a very marked difference I see in people in their late 50s and up. It's the whole look. Some people just completely give up - not that there's anything wrong with that, to each his own. But it is weird how some people do a lot do look much younger, and others not so much.

I've also heard a lot about using an estriol cream after menopause. Women's hormones play a huge role in looking older, and estrogen starts declining around 35. I've tried it myself, but I'm not at menopause yet, and it didn't agree with me. But I will use it in the future.
Pablita
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
You look very beautiful other Loulou and younger than your age.
Tiptoedancer
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
Even though I do facial exercises I'm not totally convinced they do a great deal.

I'd like to see before and after photos that are taken with one's chin on a chin rest with the EXACT same lighting and the EXACT same facial expression and the EXACT same camera angle. Any smile will change the planes of the face and uplift the cheeks. Even a slight smile will lift the face.

So far I have never come across a professional scientific examination of facial exercises with before and after photos.

Personally, I concentrate on the neck muscles and posture. Just my two cents....actually... maybe one cent worth.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:52 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |