Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

White patches of skin? Vitamin Deficiency??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Ollie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:13 pm      Reply with quote
My skin is somewhat fair. I do tan but it takes a while. I try to stay out of the sun but recently I've been out in the sun without sunscreen. In years past, I would start accumulating a lot of freckles on my nose and cheeks. But recently I haven't noticed any freckles at all instead I've been seeing a few of these weird white patches of skin on the sides of my nose and on my cheeks that are each about the size of a fingernail. When I try to cover them with concealer or bronzer, it won't cover at all. I wonder if it's hyperpigmentation? Or, from lack of vitamin B or D? Anyone experienced this? How do I get rid of this?
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:37 pm      Reply with quote
It sounds like you have lost some of the pigment producing cells in your skin in those white areas. I think they are called melanocytes. There can be a variety of reasons which you may have to investigate.

5% products discount

Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
It could also be tinea versicolor, which is a fungal infection of the skin that leaves temporary white patches. You should get examined by a dermatologist to know for sure.
Ollie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
Camouflage wrote:
It could also be tinea versicolor, which is a fungal infection of the skin that leaves temporary white patches. You should get examined by a dermatologist to know for sure.

What exactly is that? Wouldn't I know if I had a fungal infection on my face? What causes this? Bad makeup? The white patches are not raised. It's almost like I covered the areas with sunscreen and the rest of my face got color except for these areas....but I did not cover with sunscreen. Also, not itchy or bothersome at all.
xandria
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:29 am      Reply with quote
About six months ago I noticed a white patch on my face. It looked like it was a white film over the top of the skin. Then it became itchy. It was probably from some bad product. I used Oil of Oregano to get rid of it. I just put it on the skin I had some capsules that I broke open and put it on the skin. If you use the drops you may need to mix it with a little olive oil depending on how strong it is. I did this at night after cleaning my skin. Only had to do this a couple of times and it was gone.

HTH

Late 40's, Currently using AALS, Violet Ray 12/2010. Skincare products; Derma-e peptides plus & hyalorinic acid night cream, Origins; Antioxidant moisturizer with White Tea & Antioxidant cleanser with White Tea. Skin Laboratory Glycolic, Lactic & Salicylic acids. Recently started using 12/2010 Skin Biology's CP serum & TTT.
Camouflage
5% products discount

Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
Ollie wrote:
Camouflage wrote:

What exactly is that? Wouldn't I know if I had a fungal infection on my face? What causes this? Bad makeup? The white patches are not raised. It's almost like I covered the areas with sunscreen and the rest of my face got color except for these areas....but I did not cover with sunscreen. Also, not itchy or bothersome at all.

You wouldn't necessarily know. Tinea versicolor patches aren't itchy or raised. They can be a little dry, but that's it. If you're fair-skinned, they may even go unnoticed for a long time or until you get a tan. It's caused by a yeast we all have in our skin, yet when it grows out of control it produces this infection, The yeast expels an acid that inhibits skin pigmentation, thus creating white patches. Since it feeds on skin oils, tinea versicolor is more common in young people with oily skin. Mind you the patches are temporary and skin returns to its normal color after the yeast is killed (though it may take some time).
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
I have a friend who has oily skin and started to get this skin problem. He thought for sure it was vitiligo, yet that skin condition is extremely rare. Thank you for the feedback on the oregano oil. I will forward to him this advice and hope it helps!
Ollie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:48 am      Reply with quote
My skin is more dry than it is oily but not especially in these areas. When I try to put make up on or concealer or bronzer to make it look more like the rest of my skin, it won't cover....Will tinea do this? What can you do for tinea? How is it treated?
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
After going to a good dermatologist, I would invest in the makeup Oxygenetix, its AMAZING at covering and blending your skin.

Its also super healing to the skin by increasing oxygenation and acts as a protective second skin. I get a lot of acne rosacea and red, when its active this makeup literally saves my skin and allows me to look normal with 'good skin'.

Also, internally you should take something to boost your immune system and probiotics. often too many antibiotics can cause the skin to lose its acid mantel and the beneficial micro-organisms that live on the surface of our skin die; causing our skin to be more prone to bacteria and fungus!
Ollie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
Feliz wrote:
After going to a good dermatologist, I would invest in the makeup Oxygenetix, its AMAZING at covering and blending your skin.

Its also super healing to the skin by increasing oxygenation and acts as a protective second skin. I get a lot of acne rosacea and red, when its active this makeup literally saves my skin and allows me to look normal with 'good skin'.

Also, internally you should take something to boost your immune system and probiotics. often too many antibiotics can cause the skin to lose its acid mantel and the beneficial micro-organisms that live on the surface of our skin die; causing our skin to be more prone to bacteria and fungus!

I was thinking about the blush I use. I've had the same bare minerals blush for over 5 years!! And it's nowhere near gone! I was told by those at Sephora that bare minerals never goes bad. I wonder if this has been the culprit all along causing my skin problems....what do you think?
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
Ollie wrote:
Feliz wrote:

I was thinking about the blush I use. I've had the same bare minerals blush for over 5 years!! And it's nowhere near gone! I was told by those at Sephora that bare minerals never goes bad. I wonder if this has been the culprit all along causing my skin problems....what do you think?

Are you using clean, soft brushes? Dirty brushes can be contributing to break outs. Also I prefer the softest brushes possible. Many are very scratchy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
Ollie,

You have to keep your makeup brushes super clean, especially if you have sensitive or acne prone skin! If I use Jane Iredale makeup, which I do from time to time, I always wash my brush and use a fresh Q-tip to spot treat any acne.

Unclean brushes can harbour a host of unwanted micro-organisms that might possible cause skin issues! I would get new makeup and a new brush, if its been 5 years!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |