Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Oil cleansing method for clogged/acne skin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
cynthia 79

Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
As described in another post, I'm interested in trying a new cleansing method to accompany my Obagi regimen to deal with clogged pores. Someone recommended oil cleansing (I take it you do this before using regular cleanser?). Can those with very clog-prone skin share their methods? I should also add I'm 36. Thanks!!
Mabsy

Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:13 am      Reply with quote
I have combination skin that is prone to congestion in certain areas only. I've used cleansing oils on and off for years - Decleor, Babor, Shu Uemura, Dermalogica and Mirenesse from memory - I've had no issues and my skin was happy. I didn't feel the need to double cleanse but I know many do double cleanse.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
I have also been very curious about using oils to clean the skin. I tried Tata Harper's oil and it made my skin break out, which could have been from just changing products too fast.

I know people say oil cleansing reduces black heads, has anyone actually found this to be true and how do people with reactive acne prone skin fair with this cleansing method?

I am curious as I did love the Tata Harper product, it felt really good on my skin.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
I had a couple of samples of various cleansing oils. During my Clinique phase, I purchased the Cleansing Balm in a jar. Typical Clinique product that has a huge list of ingredients. I initially liked it but noticed that my skin would sometimes look blotchy.

If you have a Clinique counter, you could probably get a sample. OR keep your receipt to return it. I always purchased during GWP days.

I liked the basic three ingredient cleansing oil from Silk Naturals.
http://www.silknaturals.com/store/index.php/apricot-cleansing-oil.html
Sample size available on her skin care items.

The SN worked well so I decided to dupe it. Garden of Wisdom has the emulsifier.

I highly recommend getting a sample or travel size bottle first. I also highly recommend patch testing.

The cleansing oil works well for me. I wear sunscreen all the time. Very often two sunscreens together (chemical and then physical on top) plus mineral makeup and I NEED something that is going to remove all that. I don't have blackheads but I am clog prone.

I also don't steam. Some blogs/methods suggest this. I have sensitive skin and I believe steaming can cause broken caps.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
I took a look at the Tate Haraper cleansing oil ingredients.

http://www.sephora.com/nourishing-oil-cleanser-P392142?skuId=1672120

Ingredients:

Rosa Canina Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Shea Butter Ethyl Esters, Polyglyceryl-4 Oleate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Olea Europea (Olive) Oil, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Plukenetia (Sacha Inchi) Volubilis, Jojoba Esters, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Aroma, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Extract, Arnica Montana (Arnica) Leaves And Flowers, Calendula Officinalis (Calendula) Flower Extract, Symphytum Officinale (Comfrey) Leaves, Borago Officinalis (Borage) Leaf Extract, Spiraea Ulmaria (Meadowsweet) Flower Extract, Sambucus Nigra Fruit Extract.

As it is a mix of oils and flower/fruit extracts (and some unknown ingredients) I am not sure what caused the breakout.

If you know (after patch testing maybe) what oils your skin likes; it is not difficult to mix up your own cleansing oil.

This is a basic recipe with oil (your choice) and emulsifier.

http://www.skinacea.com/diy/diy-recipes.html#OIL

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
I think having sensitive and reactive skin may be best with a cleansing balm, verses oil, due to the fact its more gentle. I find with the rubbing and hot compress of oil technique, it can be too stimulating for sensitive skin, which can easily aggravate the skin.

I am not a fan of Clinique, as I prefer more organic or natural products. One Love Organics has a super awesome beauty cleansing balm, maybe I will try that one!
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for posting the ingredients, the Tata Harper oil is REALLY heavy, so it could just be the texture and too much massaging the product into my skin. It does smell REALLY amazing though!
Anakalia

Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:17 am      Reply with quote
Hello,

I haven't tried any products for purchase that are for oil cleansing but I have just used simple olive oil. This is my favourite way of cleansing my face.

I use a cotton pad to apply the olive oil and rub it in for a bit and you can see the dirt on the white pad. Leave the oil on and get a face cloth and run it under hot water. Place the face cloth on your face until it cools off and let I sit there. Then, wipe the oil off with the cloth. My skin is so radiant after this and feels incredible. I also have extremely oily skin where I need to blot it every 20-30 minutes and this method works well. Like dissolves like.

This is natural and is cheap!

Hope this can work for some of you Smile
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
Feliz wrote:
I think having sensitive and reactive skin may be best with a cleansing balm, verses oil, due to the fact its more gentle. I find with the rubbing and hot compress of oil technique, it can be too stimulating for sensitive skin, which can easily aggravate the skin.

Quote:
I am not a fan of Clinique, as I prefer more organic or natural products. One Love Organics has a super awesome beauty cleansing balm, maybe I will try that one!

Feliz: Have you tried the One Love cleansing balm yet? Natural and organic does not always work for me but I try for cruelty free.

The Clinique cleansing balm did not work for me. I am better off with my DIY mixture or Silk Naturals cleansing oil. I also had a very bad (rash!!) reaction from Clinique Super Sheer spf 25 sunscreen.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
Feliz wrote:

I am not a fan of Clinique, as I prefer more organic or natural products.
Quote:
One Love Organics has a super awesome beauty cleansing balm, maybe I will try that one!

I found this on line for One Love.

http://shop.oneloveorganics.com/products/skin-savior-waterless-beauty-balm

Ingredients:

cocos nucifera (virgin coconut) oil*, glycine soja (sweet soy) seed oil*, cera alba (beeswax)*, simmondsia chinesis (jojoba) seed oil*, jojoba esters, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) peel wax, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter*, salvia hispanica (chia) seed extract (and) rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract*, avena sativa (oat kernel oil), limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, tocopherol, vanilla planifolia fruit extract*

*Ingredients from Organic Farming
- See more at: http://shop.oneloveorganics.com/products/skin-savior-waterless-beauty-balm#sthash.ZgI2wzPE.dpuf

Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:33 am      Reply with quote
Acne is the most common skin condition. Together with washing the face with warm water I use Zeroblem. It is dermatologist developed product which help to remove dark spots of acne and make dry skin soft.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:43 am      Reply with quote
SaraBiston wrote:
Acne is the most common skin condition. Together with washing the face with warm water I use Zeroblem. It is dermatologist developed product which help to remove dark spots of acne and make dry skin soft.

I did a google search and could not come up with a complete ingredient list.

Link added (edit)

https://www.consumerhealthdigest.com/acne-product-reviews/zeroblem.html

Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:21 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |