Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
What is the BEST mineral makeup for oily acne prone skin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
This MUST be a million dollar question, as everyone has different preferences, yet with oily skin and acne prone skin, which is VERY reactive its not easy finding a good makeup.

I have used a ton of companies, as I like to always have a mineral makeup on hand to wear.

I am looking for the most natural looking mineral makeup that DOES NOT cake up half way through the day or look chalky.

I currently have Jane Iredale, as it seems to be the only one I can find that is okay for covering red. YET THERE ARE MAJOR ISSUES with this products.

I have the pure pressed mineral foundation in Warm Sienna. When I apply the makeup it actually looks awesome, fresh and covers red exceptionally.

HOWEVER, once my skin gets a little oily, the makeup looks gross and caky. Even my husband dislikes this makeup as he says it really looks BAD after a few hours of wear AND my husband never says anything negative about me or my skin, so this says something. He even bought me Oxygentix for $80 for 15ml, which is great yet a liquid makeup, which I can't use all the time due to my skin's reactivity level.

Anyone out there who has a GREAT makeup that makes them look fresh and luminous, I would love FEEDBACK!
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
I started with mineral makeup in 2004 and sampled many. I love Lumiere but unfortunately Kim went out of business with no warning!

I am in the process of looking for a replacement to the Lumiere Cashmere formula. Medium coverage that has silk powder in the formula. (I can add the silk powder to the mix. I don't have a problem tweaking a product.) I have approximately half a jar. I was wearing the Light Neutral shade.

I have tried a lot of brands over the years. Some are out of business. Mine were all loose with the exception of Pure Anada Pressed. I love the idea of pressed; the look is just not right so I have to be extra careful and apply a small amount, etc. (It is currently just sitting there.)

The mineral forums are really quiet.

What type of coverage are you looking for? Are you hard to match colour wise? Do you know what ingredients work for you? Are you thinking of a particular company?

There is some really good MMU companies out there that are still selling great products. A couple have iffy customer service but overall these are nice companies that really excel at customer service.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
I have a neutral skin tone, so yellow tones work which help to cover red. I can use peachy toned products due to the pink in my skin, yet have to be careful that I don't look too pink.

I really want natural looking with medium coverage. I also don't want to be stuck with a yellow base, as I am with Jane Iredale, as its one thing to cover red, yet its nice to have a colour that matches one's skin perfectly.

I am was planning on buying a different colour in Jane Iredale today, or going with their loose powder. I am not a big fan of JI anymore, yet when I look at other companies, they either use TONS of bismuth or the colours are really strange.

Anyways, I am open to feedback! Thank you!
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
A couple of suggestions; I tend to look for companies that have basic formulas.

I have Lucy Minerals in Light. The Light is suppose to be neutral. The colour actually looks peachy on me after it has been on for a while and "melds" with the skin. I use it as a concealer now as the colour match is not exactly right. If you try it; apply it and then look in the mirror 30+ minutes later.

http://lucyminerals.com/foundations/
Shipping costs are reasonable to Canada. I love the eyeliners and some other products. Great specials via email notification.

Coverage is medium - full. Nice formula if you have a colour match.

I intend to stop in at Merle Norman the next time I am near one. (No longer have one in our mall.) I want to get colour matched.

Very basic ingredients:

Merle Norman: LUXIVA® Purely Mineral Makeup: Mica (CI77019), Zinc Oxide (CI77947), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Iron Oxides (CI77489, CI77491, CI77492, CI77499)

Source:
http://people.delphiforums.com/tracikenyon/IngredList22405.html

I have other companies on my list. The problem for me is I order my foundation samples and then a whole bunch of other stuff is in my cart!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for the suggestions! I actually went to a very reputable spa today, as the girls are all makeup artists and she recommended Jane Irdale pressed in radiant! This will do for now, until I can get a new product line!

I find it a hassle to do make up via mail order, so until I have a good colour from a good line I will buy what I can get locally. Since I do live in a rather big city this should not be a problem.

I really appreciate your suggestions and will see if I can find the brand here!
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:36 am      Reply with quote
Sampling can be fun (all those eye shadow samples!) but expensive.

I would like to see the foundation on me. I will also walk outside with a mirror to double check.

There is a Merle Norman post on here. I do intend to visit the MN studio and I will report on my visit. If you go to the Merle Norman site there is a store locator. It has been years since I have purchased anything from MN so I can't comment on other products.

Unfortunately, my area really is lacking for spas and good salons.

Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:36 am      Reply with quote
Have you tried using a primer? My favourite MMU is Pur Minerals but I am currently using Jane Iredale pressed, which is actually one of the first MMUs I ever tried. I'm using JI because that's what my wedding makeup artist used recently and nostalgia made me buy a Jane Iredale compact again Smile My wedding makeup didn't budge _the_whole_day_! The makeup arist gave me oil absorbing sheets and I didn't reach for them even once. Yet, when I use the exact same JI makeup on a daily basis, I do find that I should ideally touch up during the day thanks to my combo t-zone (I rarely do touch up, but I should...). My makeup artist used MAC primer (a LOT of it) so I conclude that this is the difference between perfect looking mineral makeup all day, vs makeup that can shift and settle depending on your skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Mabsy for your feedback about the Jane Iredale makeup and using a primer. I tried the oil controlling products, Absence and found it actually made a huge difference. The only thing I did not like was when my skin was super dry, it would look bad with the oil control product and you could see all the dry patches. I also found that the product would clog my pores,so I stopped using it.

Its a very frustrating and expensive venue to try to either change your makeup or find a new colour.

I recently got the colour 'Radiant' yet its still not a good match and does not cover any red, which I did know at the time. Hence, I will either have to go for another consultation or just stay with the warm sienna which is a bit too yellow, but not overly a bad match.

As for Pur Minerals, EDS carries this line right? I noticed they use Bismuth which I find really clogging to my pores.

Feeling like its impossible to find a 'perfect' makeup....
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe I will have to find an anti-red primer that is beneficial for reactive skin..
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
I have a finishing powder from Silk Naturals that I really like that does equalize redness without an obvious green (or gray) tint.

http://www.silknaturals.com/store/index.php/equalizer-green-tinted-face-powder.html

I have tried a LOT of anti-red products (cosmetics).

I am really clog prone so I tend to stay away from a lot of primers (with silicones) Powder is OK for me and I have tried various MMU primers over the years under foundation.

You can always tweak a product with green face product. Lots of choices with MMU companies.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
I think you are right about the primer. I love oxygenation makeup but due to their use of so much dimeticone I find it is a bit too heavy to use every day.

Will have to have patience.

Has anyone heard of Becca makeup? It looks good and is sold near me in a fancy boutique.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
I don't own any Becca makeup. I am also on makeupalley and there is a lot of reviews and talk on the MU board.

Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:09 am      Reply with quote
I've used Becca on and off. It's a good line but I wasn't a fan of their mineral powder. I've got their shimmering skin perfector, a foundation, a loose powder and a few eye shadows. I use the eye shadows regularly but don't often reach for the other products.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:54 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |