Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

EXTREMELY OILY SKIN!!!! HELP!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Anakalia

Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:21 am      Reply with quote
Hello,

I have, what I think, is the oiliest skin on Earth!! I have tried so many products. I am always so self conscious about this and constantly blotting my face. I can barely keep up buying blotting papers.

Does anyone know of any treatments or products that can lessen oil production or time or would actually keep oil at bay for at least an hour?!

Any advice is welcome and I am willing to try anything..

Thank you!
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
I understand you are cleansing with olive oil. Maybe try a second cleanse with a foamy cleanser to ensure the residue is gone?

What else do you use in your skin care routine?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:04 pm      Reply with quote
I used to have oily skin years ago and tried the oil cleansing method which I found to be a disaster.
I would suggest some research on the brands that EDS carries for a foaming cleanser. If you get a good brand, it will not strip your skin thus causing it to produce more oil.
You will also need to follow with a moisturiser that is oil free to provide some moisture to your skin and one that has a mattifying effect.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:27 am      Reply with quote
Results vary (or YMMV = your mileage may vary) in regards to oil cleansing. My skin does well with oil cleansing; my process is different than yours.

I make my own and it has an emulsifier. It rinses clean. However, I usually follow up with a mild foamy cleanser. Currently it is Aveeno Calming cleansing but I also like the foamy cleanser by CeraVe.

In my experience, if I used plain oil (various) it felt as if residue was left on my skin. I would never use a hot wash cloth or rub my face. I have sensitive skin that flushes easy and I don't want any blotchiness after cleansing. I could use another cleanser (foamy or non oil) after that.

Are you using sunscreen or any heavy moisturizers?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
Its easy to give theoretical advice, when you have never lived with oily skin. I HAVE had oily skin in my life and I can tell it its 100% internally.

You have too high of androgen hormones in your body, from stress. If its easy to do, get your hormone levels checked via a salivia test, as blood test are NOT accurate.

What is your age? If you are older than 30's you are most likely low in progesterone or other female hormones.

Supplements that help are a super high quality B complex, multi-mineral, Liver product that has more than just milk-thistle in it.

As for topical skin care: DONT OVER CLEANS your skin, it will just become way more oily.

I use Luzern cleansing Gellee, which is AWESOME, removes all makeup and is not stripping to my skin and Luzern Micro Gel, which is light, hydrating and does reduce some surface oil.

If you have high stress, consider taking steps to reduce it. There are numerous supplements on the market that help with stress and can help feel more calm like Tryptophan and L'Theanine.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:00 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |