Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

too many skin care products...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
pailinnwithwings

Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:18 am      Reply with quote
student201516 wrote:
TheresaMary wrote:
No you don't have to use all of them. It depends on your skin type as to whats necessary.

Some things are just marketed to make us think we need them. For example eye creams are usually not necessary at all. If you are moisturizing with an oil you can use that same oil to moisturize your eyes too. Also you will notice that sometime eye creams can make things worse not better because of all the ingredients in them.

It really depends on your skin type, age and what issues you are dealing with.
sophie22 wrote:
I have been using only toner and moisturizing cream so far, but I saw that my friends are using many kinds of skin care products, such as emulsion, nourishing cream, eye cream….. I can’t even remember the names. What is the differences between these products? Should I use all of them too?

i agree with you - i think the eye cream is usually so such a small jar and can totally be replaced by facial cream

I agree but also disagree, They do charge a lot for smaller amount than you'd get with a face cream. However, the eyes are more sensitive and the skin is thinner. Some need more moisture around their eyes. Many scented face creams will make my eyes water. Heavy, sticky creams will make them puffy. The best eye creams adjust for that.

I think what you need to do is look at the ingredients (as with all skincare products) and make sure that it has ingredients that can help with anti-aging (whether it increases collagen or elasticity or renewal of skin) or whitening (for dark circles)
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:31 am      Reply with quote
Whilst it is true that the skin is thinner it isn’t necessarily more sensitive for everyone. It is also prone to lymphatic blockages and fluid retention also. Whilst eye creams may be smaller in size, there is little evidence that can actually prove they are better for you – and in fact even derms suggest that they are unnecessary.
Eye creams can in fact at times make things worse. I saw a blog the other day with a young girl who was advised to buy a special eye cream, and did so and was using it for four days and said it made her eyes worse because even though it was specifically for the eyes – for her it created bags.
For me, and I have dry skin and always have had it, plus I use retin A, I find that oils are very easy to apply, and have nutrients that help my skin be at its best. Rosehip oil is a favourite. However in winter months I will use sometimes havy oils like Vit E oil. However its with a wealth of experience as I have at times tried every cream going. Also when you get to a certain age, you have heard a lot of the BS they try to tell you about why you need products etc.
pailinnwithwings wrote:
I agree but also disagree, They do charge a lot for smaller amount than you'd get with a face cream. However, the eyes are more sensitive and the skin is thinner. Some need more moisture around their eyes. Many scented face creams will make my eyes water. Heavy, sticky creams will make them puffy. The best eye creams adjust for that.

I think what you need to do is look at the ingredients (as with all skincare products) and make sure that it has ingredients that can help with anti-aging (whether it increases collagen or elasticity or renewal of skin) or whitening (for dark circles)
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:34 am      Reply with quote
I don't think any cream can or will create wrinkle free skin, but to me the founders of facial exercise programs are proof that it is possible to have wrinkle free skin at older ages. Eva Fraser by far in her 80s hasn't got one single wrinkle - and I have seen her at a tradeshow several years ago and really scrutinized her face and there wasn't one. Deb Crowley is another one. These are all wrinkle free from what I can see. Even if you look at massage programs like the creator of the Tanaka method - she hasn't got any wrinkles either.
Autumn1995 wrote:
This is absolutely false. You will have nicer skin but to think you will have no wrinkles is impossible.
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:47 am      Reply with quote
interesting. So should I use eye cream or not? Eye cream is so expensive . If I don't need to use it I won't buy it. Also for facial exercise, where can I find that? I saw the one of thread talking about exercise but I can't find the correct link.
Please please help
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:48 am      Reply with quote
BTW I am 52 years old and my skin is very dry.
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
OMG azumma, Eye Cream is a MUST. Get the best one that money can buy. Try one of these

La Prairie Cellular eye cream (moisturising and preventative against wrinkles)

Sisley Eye and Lip Contour Cream

Strevictin-AR Advanced Retinol Eye Treatment (more scientific than indulgent)

azumma wrote:
interesting. So should I use eye cream or not? Eye cream is so expensive . If I don't need to use it I won't buy it. Also for facial exercise, where can I find that? I saw the one of thread talking about exercise but I can't find the correct link.
Please please help
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
And forget about facial exercise for the eye area. Can't see how it could be done.

Get the Clarisonic Smart Profile with the massage head.
Turn on to setting ONE and go around the eye area using the eye cream as the massage medium. Focus on any Crow feet.
If you don't see improvements in 3 weeks,
come back to tell me off..

xoxo

azumma wrote:
BTW I am 52 years old and my skin is very dry.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |