Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Clogged pores or seborrheic dermatitis
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Nyrita

Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
I have always had mild acne since my teens. I am now 27, and last year my acne turned moderate/ severe. Thankfully these last three months I have no acne, but now the last two months I have bumpy skin which resembles clog pores. The areas affected are my forehead, nose, inner cheeks around my nose, and around my chin. What can I do to get rid of them😫

TIA
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
What is your skin care routine? Any new products?

Do you use sunscreen? If yes, (and especially if water resistant) do you be sure it is removed each night?

SD = is usually flaky, sometimes red skin. Often in the eyebrow area.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
I would be interested to know what products you are using. It just seems like the areas you have the bumps is usually the oilier areas of the face and the bumps are from excess oil that cannot get out because the pores are closed and the oil is hardening like a whitehead.

Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
The last four months I've been using cerave moisturizing cleanser in morning followed with cerave am spf30 moisturizer.

Before bed I use cerave moisturizing cleanser.
Then I apply estee lauder advanced night repair serum. Lastly I apply cerave moisturizer.

The reason I am using cerave is because I believe i damaged my skin barrier due to over exfoliation.

I've just started using jojoba oil for about a week. It's the only thing that gives me moisture.
Nyrita

Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
Autumn1995 wrote:
What is your skin care routine? Any new products?

Do you use sunscreen? If yes, (and especially if water resistant) do you be sure it is removed each night?

SD = is usually flaky, sometimes red skin. Often in the eyebrow area.

I do wear sunscreen everytime I leave my house.
If I wear sunscreen I use Neutrogena Naturals Fresh Cleansing + Makeup Remover to wash it off.
I try to remove it best I could. I have to wash my face gently
My problem is i exfoliated my skin, and my skin got super sensitive. I also got pregnant that month and my skin was even more sensitive. i feel my skin improved since I had my baby five months ago.
Thanx
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:07 am      Reply with quote
I am not familiar with Cerave but I did have a quick look at their website. I think it is going to be a case of trial and error to find the cause of the bumps but they are certainly in the oilier areas of your face. I think the only alternatives is to not use either the jojoba oil or estee lauder for a few weeks and see if that makes a difference. If that makes no difference, you may have to consider a different cleanser and moisturiser. I realise you seem to feel you have dry skin but the bumps are oil trying to get to the surface and your pores are closed and blocking the oil so it may be the Cerave that is causing this.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |