Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Dermalogica Gentle Cream Exfoliant & Daily Microfoliant
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
MumboJumbo

Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:18 am      Reply with quote
Ok, I've got pretty tough skin. I love the Daily Microfoliant and am going to purchase the Gentle Cream Exfoliant.

I find that while the Microfoliant give my skin a nice smooth look and feel, it doesn't seem to get deep down into pores. Which is why I want the Gentle Cream exfoliant.

However, I am planning to use the Cream Exfoliant 2 times per week, and am wondering if anyone would risk using the 2 products together.

That means either put the Cream Exfoliant on, then after the 15 mins and wash off, use Microfoliant, or the other way around. Or would this totally strip my skin to shreads?
Mabsy

Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:44 am      Reply with quote
I love the Microfoliant but I do agree with you. It is a wonderful gentle exfoliator and it makes skin more even and smooth, but it doesn't really suck the gunk out of pores. I don't have any experience with the gentle cream exfoliant, but I would like to suggest that you try Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream as a deep (yet gentle) pore cleanser. Two weeks of twice daily use (around 2 minutes each time and following the instructions) got rid of blackheads and made my pores disappear, many others have described the same effect. Just a suggestion Smile
adelaping
5% products discount

Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:03 am      Reply with quote
i am just wondering whether the Jurlique face wash cream and Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream has got the same effect on our skin?
Anyone has tried these two products togther and can tel the difference?
Thank you
Mabsy

Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:23 am      Reply with quote
adelaping wrote:
i am just wondering whether the Jurlique face wash cream and Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream has got the same effect on our skin?
Anyone has tried these two products togther and can tel the difference?

Yes, I've used both and both seem to work equally well. The Jurlique has larger pieces of herbs and flowers in it while the Dr Hauschka is a smoother paste based on extracts (i.e. does not have bits of flowers etc in it). I like both but find the Dr Hauschka easier to rinse off (the bits of flowers etc kept getting stuck around my hairline).
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:57 am      Reply with quote
Does the Jurlique smell nicer? I kept gagging when I tried Dr. Hauscka. Maybe I would get used to it, but I only had a sample tube.

-Cheri
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 19, 2005 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mumbo Jumbo -- if I were going to use both the microfoliant and the cream exfoliant in the same session, I'd use the microfoliant first....*but* I'm with Mabsy - I can't overstate how much more effective the Dr. H Cleansing cream is at cleaning out the pores (that's my experience anyway - using it the same way M described..). I've used the cream exfoliant - and it's nice -- but it doesn't even *come close* to the Dr. H in terms of how well it vacuums out the pores...any you won't have to worry about irritating your skin...the Dr H cc is unbelievably gentle..it doesn't feel or "behave" like traditional deep cleansing products...when you put it on, you'll probably think, "yuck - what is this stuff?!" (it has a strange scent - that I don't even notice anymore and a mealy texture)but give it time (a couple of weeks - using every day)and hopefully you'll get the superb results that I got (and that I can't seem to shut up about!)Anyways, I better stop now..I'm starting to blether on..
Pudoodles
Mabsy

Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
Cheri - I'm not the best person to answer that question because I actually like the smell of the Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream and I thought that the Jurlique smelt nice as well Smile
MumboJumbo

Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:21 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the replies.

Well, The Dr H Cleansing Cream is high on my list now, I will try it after the Dermalogica Gentle Cream Exfoliant (I'm being loyal to Dermalogica cleansers and exfoliators until I have adverse reactions). Or I check out my local place and see if they have those 5ml trials and I might give the Dr H an early go.

I'll get back to you guys on the results I have from using both.

Lucky I'll be using the Multivitamin Power Recovery Masque as well, apparently that helps to alleviate any peeling or burns you get from over exfoliating!
Belle
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
As the Gentle Exfoliant is more powerful, there is no need to use the Daily Microfoliant. I would use the DM on the days when you are not using the Gentle Cream Exfoliant.
muzzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi! I use both Gentle Cream Exfoliant and Daily Microfoliant and am extremely happy with the combination and results!
Gentle Cream Exfoliant is more a chemical exfoliator and it is my absolute favourite skincare product of all time. It's the one that makes a difference that lasts more than a day for me. Very Happy
I agree.... use Daily Microfoliant on the OTHER days and Gentle Cream Exfoliant a couple of times a week! Smile
adelaping
5% products discount

Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:08 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply.Mabsy. Wat di u think had the best results? I'm currently on my first tube of Jurlique face wash cream..i like the smell of it and the smell actually stay on for a while...i think its quite nice. So about the result after i use it,i think it did really make my skin glow.
But Mabsy, does this cream make your pore smaller or blackheads lessen? Since you are in Austealia, just wondering betweem Jurlique and Dr Hauschka, which cost more? I'm so so tempted to try the Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream but i'm a bit worried about the price.
So far with my experience of using the Jurlique , im quite satisfy with it coz i did think it makes my skin glow and less blackhead on my nose. About the way i use it, I use it similiar with the technique that everyone explain in this forum which is press/knead.Hope i'm doing it right.
I got some pimple but i dunno is due from using this product or my lack of sleep Embarassed I'm using this product for 5 days, but my pimple come out on the third or fourth day of using it. So, dunno whether this product will cause breakout o not. And, I'm using this product at nite time only as i told by the "shopkeeper' to use at nite time only.
Mabsy

Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:58 am      Reply with quote
adelaping - In my opinion both are comparable in terms of effectiveness. I think in Australia the Dr Hauschka is more expensive, however I lose track of these things as I stock up from EDS anyway. It would make sense for Jurlique to be cheaper here than Dr Hauschka given that it's an Australian brand. I know that the Dr Hauschka Rose Day Cream is way more expensive here than on EDS so I'm guessing that it across the board with the Dr H products. I found that both cleansers worked really well to clean out the pores and therefore reduce the pore size drastically and get rid of blackheads as well. I saw a very big improvement in about 2 weeks time after using this twice daily. I did have a small breakout in the first few days of use but that went away quite quickly and didn't come back. If I were you I'd stick with the Jurlique (since you already have it) and see how you go with that. If it works well for you and you like this type of cleanser then next time you can try the Dr Hauschka.
Kk1668
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:11 am      Reply with quote
I absolutely the Dermalogica's Cream Exfoliant and have been using it together with the Skin renewal booster (just a couple of drops in the exfoliant mask). Then I will use the hydrating mask after. My skin looks instantly brighter after the Cream Exfoliant mask, it used to be our MUST routine before heading out partying (too lazy now)!
I like the Jurlique face wash but it doesn't seem to take makeup off very well but smells very good. I don't think it does what the Dr H's CC and Dermalogica's CE do though.
I have been using Dr. H's CM and CC for 3 days now, but they don't do anything for me Crying or Very sad . One of the biggest problem on my face is the pores on my nose. They have gotten big and obvious from being squeezed almost every night!!! And from reading the EDS forum, I was hoping the CC would help...nevertheless, I will keep using it, give it more chance than just 3 days.
I use the microfoliant every other day and the cream exfoliant every week (well supposingly).
Sometimes exfoliant instigates pimples when you just started using it. It takes away the dead skin and deep cleanse it, then the "dirt" from deeper is drawn to the surface. But after using it for a while, the condition of your skin should improve since it's "Really" been cleansed inside-out.
Well...I have used [b]Payot[/b]'s Masque Irradie Purifiant: "[i]Specially formulated for oily and combination skin, tightens pores, deep-cleanses and helps eliminate imperfections. Active purifying ingredients work to help your skin recover its clarity and softness[/i]". I can clearly see that my pores are cleansed and tightened after using it. Only that it's so hard to get hold of here in North America (my tube from Europe is done Sad ). Will EDS stock it in the near future by any chance? Embarassed The only product that really tightens my pores!

KK
MumboJumbo

Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:13 am      Reply with quote
Well, last night, a gave the Dermalogica Cream Exfoliant a go (after using the Microfoliant).

It didn't seem to have very much effect, however, it did not irritate the skin either. And I left it on for about 20 minutes rather than the 10-15.

I've got some samples of the Skin Renewal Booster, which Dermalogica recommends you use in conjunction with the cream exfoliant if you have tough skin. I'll have to mix that in next time.

For anyone else that has used it ... is the Cream Exfoliant a very, very thick paste ... with hardly any moisture in it. I was expecting it to be more of the consistency of the Dermal Clay Cleanser, but it is very thick and dry. I don't know if I got a dud.

Looks liek I'll have to Give the Dr H CC a go sooner rather than later, however, I don't like the idea of the 5 mintues massage in the morning.

For adelaping, in Australia, Jurlique prices are about half to a third of the price of the Dr H stuff. However, if you are buying from outside Australia, Jurlique prices tend to go up about 25-30%. However, Dr H is still alot more expensive in general.
Kk1668
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi MumboJumbo,

The Cream exfoliant does not have the same consistency of the dermal clay cleanser. It is thicker but not too dry though, it's like a very thick creamy mask so you can still spread on your skin. I think the sample you have might be a bit old. My cream exfoliant once turned out to be like that after I left it aside for a long tme. Like you said, mix the renewal booster in next time, then it will be easilier to spread.

KK
freefall2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:33 am      Reply with quote
Kk1668: I just bought silk pillowcases from an online store called SoftSurroundings, they stock Payot products. Here is a link to your masque for $33.00

Payot Masque Irradie Purifiant

Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:13 am      Reply with quote
Yep KK, opened it up again to use it as a spot treatment and it was alot better consistency (I had left it upright overnight, whereas when I first used it, I had left it on its side. I guess you should always shake products a bit before using for the first time!

Also, if you want the Payot Mask, http://www.fountaincosmetics.com.au stocks it, for 75mL its $38 AUD.
The link the previous poster gave you is to an American site, which is $33 USD.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:42 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |