Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: MD Formulations Cleanser
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
irene

Sat Sep 06, 2003 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
I used it first time and i feel this very good. I used very little and can clean my face very clean. I feel the the problem of my skin is change such as blackhead abd whitehead. One bottle of cleaner can use for a long time.
gwynethhung
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:46 am      Reply with quote
for how long?
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
I love this cleanser too. A little goes a long way. It gets rid of dry flaky patches and helps my make-up go on so smoothly. A must-have for me. But I can not use it every day as my skin gets sensitive since I use Retinol also. I use it once every other day....but love it just the same.

Lori

5% products discount

Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:48 am      Reply with quote
i am loving this cleanser too. Have used it for 3 months now..and find my black heads are less stubborn...
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:41 am      Reply with quote
gwynethhung wrote:
for how long?

A bottle lasts about 9 months if you use it every day

HTH

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:39 am      Reply with quote
MDF cleanser is the best, I use them for 5 years now, never changed.
julliams
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:06 am      Reply with quote
I use the sensitive cleanser and it is great. I first bought the trial pack which has a 30ml cleanser in it. That lasted me well over a month - I would say more like a month and a half, so I am expecting the full size to give me at least 6 months of use (hoping for more).

I am very pleased with it and I even wash my eyes with it and I don't find it irritates them at all. I know I am probably not supposed to but I am not going to buy a seperate cleanser for my eyes!!!

Juliette
bella77
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:11 pm      Reply with quote
i really like this cleanser too. When I stop using it i find my skin clogs really quickly ao I have to return ASAP.

Do you use other MD products with it?
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:44 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I did, I use illuminating serum, which is very good for my pimples scaring and sun damage..I also use Facial lotion, which help me to reduce my pores size and my blackhead getting less after two weeks... Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:26 am      Reply with quote
Ive tried this cleanser too its a good product but I dont thinck that the glycolic works all that much in a cleanser . I think its too much money for a product that you dont leave on the skin for mong. The glycolic ends up in the drain. Insted I use the non glycolic , a very good cleanser and a better price ! Also if buy mistake you put some aroud your eyes...there less risk of irritation Rolling Eyes
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
That's a good point about the glycolic, it doesnt actually spend that much time on your face, with this cleanser.

I used it for about a year, and it helped with oiliness and pore size, but finally I felt my skin bcoming a bit sensitive and lack lustre and I switched to an oil cleanser, which gives me a much better glow.
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:46 am      Reply with quote
I use this MD Formulations glycolic cleanser every other day (unless I do an exfoliating peel/mask) on that day, and I am very happy with it. I've been using this cleanser for more than a year. I massage it into my skin and leave on for a minute or two, then rinse. I have sensitive skin with rosacea, and so far this is just enough glycolic for me. Any more and my skin gets irritated, but I am working toward making my skin stronger...

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:58 am      Reply with quote
I got a free sample of this when I ordered my BE foundations. I think it does work, but if you have sensitive skin I would use it every other day.
happylydia
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:23 am      Reply with quote
i got one bottle of this last yr.. didnt really use it much..cuz im a foaming cleanser person..i love cleanser with foams..with milk/cream cleanser,i jst feel i cant wash my face properly..
but after i read these reviews.. guess i should continue to use MD cleanser again..to get rid of my blackheads and acnes...
thanks guys!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:21 am      Reply with quote
It sounds great, I have stubborn blackhead and wanna fix it out
abarryau

Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:27 pm      Reply with quote
I have just started using the MD Facial Cleaner (with glycolic) and I thought I should post my experience.

I initially finished off a bottle of the Facial Cleaner with Glycolic for very oily skin and now I have started on the classic glycolic cleanser. I am also using the facial lotion with clycolic. I have been using it for 2 weeks now and I LOVE IT!

My skin is pretty good combination/olive complection, but was feeling a little rough and uneven tone with blackheads. After using the cleanser the first time, I couldn't believe how smooth my skin felt after. I cleanse and leave it on for 2 minutes before I wash it off. After the first use all my blackheads were gone or came to the surface completely and now after 2 weeks I have only a few. I did start to get a couple of dry red patches on my face, but that has gone now and I think it was because I was using the glycolic for very oily skin. Also I did break out with a new pimple every day which I think was my skin purging, as I haven't had one for a couple of days now.

Anyway, my husband told me that I was glowing the other day and I have had several comments about how good my skin is.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
Do you think this product can combine makeup remover and face cleanser? I am looking for such a product since I hate wash face twice every night.
hahaqj
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
Inlife wrote:
Do you think this product can combine makeup remover and face cleanser? I am looking for such a product since I hate wash face twice every night.

it can be both makeup remover and face cleanser

Combination skin facial cleanser and skin care products from MD Formulations give you the beautiful skin you've always dreamed of. With a heritage of glycolic acid research, our combination skin cleansers rinse away daily residue, makeup and oil, and gently exfoliate to reveal softer, smoother, healthier-looking skin. Our combination skin cleansers use a revolutionary glycolic compound to stimulate the skin's natural rejuvenation process. Our 4-step regimen for combination skin includes cleansers, correctors, hydrators, and protectors that work together to promote beautiful skin at any age.
hahaqj
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
yomama606 wrote:
I got a free sample of this when I ordered my BE foundations. I think it does work, but if you have sensitive skin I would use it every other day.

it has sensitive formulation for sensitive skin type .

MD Formulations - Facial Cleanser Sensitive Skin Formula
MarciaNZ
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:06 am      Reply with quote
hi
thought i would add my experiences with this product,
i have been using this product every day and night for last 2 months. I have noticed a improvement on my nose with less blackheads and skin tone is brighter. Very Happy I have also been using the vitamin A MD cream at night following with MD antioxidant moisturizer. BUT......
I have just starting swimming and this cleanser is too strong. It feels like its stripping my skin. Any ideas on a product for use after swimming?? I was thinking a milk product??

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:48 am      Reply with quote
i actually started to use it every morning and nite.. but i still got black heads.. how come?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
happylydia wrote:
i actually started to use it every morning and nite.. but i still got black heads.. how come?

Do you use the cleanser by itself or do you have more products from the range??

I only noticed small improvement on blackheads - but using facial creme (during am) which has glycolic in it and vitamin A (at pm) i noticed more of improvement. sorry i cant help further - someone must know why?? Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:52 am      Reply with quote
MarciaNZ wrote:
happylydia wrote:

Do you use the cleanser by itself or do you have more products from the range??

I only noticed small improvement on blackheads - but using facial creme (during am) which has glycolic in it and vitamin A (at pm) i noticed more of improvement. sorry i cant help further - someone must know why?? Smile

I like MD Formulations cleanser with glycolic acid a lot, but it does not loosen up blackheads on my nose. I believe no cleanser will do that job properly. You will probably have better luck with a serum that works on your skin all day, as suggested by MarciaNZ. I have found Dermalogica Skin Renewal Booster to be very effective. It contains a combination of the de-clogging agents glycolic acid, salicylic acid and sulfur.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:44 am      Reply with quote
I agree that MD Formulations cleanser w/ glycolic acid seems to have no effect on blackheads. This cleanser is good at mild exfoliation--making skin look smoother, but does not get into the pores. I use to use MD's cleanser regularly, but stopped this past year having found other products I like better (e.g., Daily Microfolient).

Septembergirl wrote:
I like MD Formulations cleanser with glycolic acid a lot, but it does not loosen up blackheads on my nose. I believe no cleanser will do that job properly. You will probably have better luck with a serum that works on your skin all day, as suggested by MarciaNZ. I have found Dermalogica Skin Renewal Booster to be very effective. It contains a combination of the de-clogging agents glycolic acid, salicylic acid and sulfur.

Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:34 am      Reply with quote
For the last 2 years I have purchased the cleanser with glycolic for my daughters as they had suffered from moderate acne scarring on the cheeks. With constant use over this time, the results have been terrific.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:53 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |