Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Products with Matrixyl, Argireline and Hyaluronic Acid???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Jenlex
5% products discount

Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:26 am      Reply with quote
Hi! I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a good cream or serum that contains at least 5% Matrixyl, 10% Argireline and 5% Hyaluronic Acid. I'd really like to try a product with Matrixyl, but from what I've been reading, it seems like a product containing all 3 ingredients would be much more effective. My fine lines aren't too bad, could always be better, but it's firming that I really need.

I've already tried products with DMAE (JB sample pack). Which I found nice, but I'm really curious about Matrixyl and would like to give it a try.

Any suggestions???

Thanks everyone! Smile
joani.sp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:35 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
I had the same question when I first joined this forum. Everyone was very helpful. Here is the discussion:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=4877

Good luck! Joani
Jenlex
5% products discount

Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:29 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Joani!
Dianne
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
I made my own serum containing argireline, matrixyl and HA. I bought the ingredients to make it from thepersonalformulator with the exception of the argireline which I purchased from cellbone. That way, I can make it up in small, fresh batches using the percentages I want. For what I would normally pay for 1oz just about anywhere else, I can make 4oz.

There used to be a seller on ebay selling a combo product. She would customize it to whatever percentages you wanted, however I just did a search and she's not selling anything right now. I can't remember her seller name unfortunately. The problem with that is that you have no way of knowing if they are ligitimately adding the right amounts and using the right ingredients.
Jenlex
5% products discount

Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Dianne, how long have you been using the homemade formula? Are you seeing good results?
Jenlex
5% products discount

Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Joani, I read through all the responses on the thread you posted. May I ask what product you finally decided to try? I emailed Isomers a few days ago to find out what % of Matrixyl is in their Wrinkle Defense Serum and they told me 8%-10%. I might give it a try, but I was still hoping to find something with all 3 ingredients. The SeattleSkin seems a bit expensive.

There is product being sold on Ebay call True Radiance which claims to contain 5% Matrixyl, 10% Argeliene (sp?) and 6% Hyaluronic Acid. I can't find any product reviews on it though, so I'm a bit hesitate to order it.

Thanks!
Dianne
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using it about a month now. I think I do see some slight improvement, but I haven't been using it long enough to really make an accurate assessment. I had tried the relaxaline but didn't get any results at all. So I thought I would take the risk and try a stronger 15% argireline instead of 10% and mix in the matrixyl. The percentages I use are 15% argireline, 10% matrixyl and 5% HA. I only use it around my eyes.
joani.sp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Jenlux, I decided to not try any of the Matrixyl products! I may try some in the future and found Winnie and Ian so helpful with their comments. I'm currently using Jan Marini skincare products, which I have a heavy investment in! I'm going to stick with them until I get bored or don't see any results. So far, I'm loving her products. No magic, just good, solid porducts. Good luck with your choices. Would love to hear what you decide on and how it's working for you. Joani
nicky1
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:54 am      Reply with quote
Dianne wrote:
I've been using it about a month now. I think I do see some slight improvement, but I haven't been using it long enough to really make an accurate assessment. I had tried the relaxaline but didn't get any results at all. So I thought I would take the risk and try a stronger 15% argireline instead of 10% and mix in the matrixyl. The percentages I use are 15% argireline, 10% matrixyl and 5% HA. I only use it around my eyes.

Hi Diane, i was wondering how u got on with ur mix of argireline??? I bought a product from Isomers on a UK shopping channel which contained 15% argireline and i used it religiously for a month along with their matrixyl anti- ageing serum and i saw no difference what so ever. I was interested to hear if u had got results?? I am 27 with dry skin and was bugged by my laughter lines and fore head lines and the only thing that helped them was a course of 30% Glycolic Acid peels and i am now awaiting the 50% Glycolic to see what it can do.

Mon May 02, 2005 11:33 pm      Reply with quote
Diane - what do you use as a base for your mix? I just found a Argireline/Matrixyl blend at thepersonalformulator.com but & was thinking of doing the same thing but don't know if it's better to mix it with a cream or perhaps a propylene glycol base. Any advice anyone?
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 03, 2005 8:49 am      Reply with quote
Welcome Pucker!

I just got that stuff the other day! I'm mixing the anti age mix with HA and green tea in a distilled water base.

Before Darren starts moaning at me about hygene, I sterilise all the containers and I am only going to make up small batches at a time. I keep the unused original concentrate in the fridge.

I have also put 2ml in my eyebright Very Happy

Liz Cool

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 03, 2005 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry to take so long to reply, I've been having computer problems.

I mixed up the percentage of ingredients that I wanted together (HA, Argireline and Matrixyl) and used distilled water to make up an oz. I keep it in the fridge to keep it fresh. The next time I make up a batch, I'm going to add a bit of algae extract and maybe some green tea as well.

The jury's still out on whether I'm seeing results. I'm definitely not getting any more lines but it's hard to say whether the ones I have are improved. Maybe slightly.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 04, 2005 5:06 am      Reply with quote
My eyebright with the added anti wrinkle mix is seriously fab!, I do kind of feel that it is hard to move the muscles around my eyes, something I never got with the other agireline products. Only trouble is, I am giving myself a headach trying to move them Confused

I have mixed up a face serum of 15% agireline, 8% matryxyl, 5% HA and 5% green tea. Will report back in the next week or so if I get the same effects as the boosted eyebright

Liz Cool

Wed May 04, 2005 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the responses. I'll have to wait til next paycheck, but I think I might give it a try. Now - what is eyebright?
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 05, 2005 7:47 am      Reply with quote
eyebright is made by cellularskinrx. It is a lovely eye gel anyway, but I just souped it up with the agireline/matrixyl concentrate Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 05, 2005 11:07 am      Reply with quote
I came accross this item on ebay called True Radiance (item #5578196025) and this product has ARGIRELINE (ACETYL HEXAPEPTIDE 3) 15%, HYALURONIC ACID 6%, MATRIXYL 6%, plus lots of other stuff like vit c 10%, and vit e5%, and CO Q10. I have never heard of nor used this product before...but I just thought I would share. It is pretty cheap too.

Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:36 am      Reply with quote
Jenlex wrote:
Hi! I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a good cream or serum that contains at least 5% Matrixyl, 10% Argireline and 5% Hyaluronic Acid. I'd really like to try a product with Matrixyl, but from what I've been reading, it seems like a product containing all 3 ingredients would be much more effective. My fine lines aren't too bad, could always be better, but it's firming that I really need.

I've already tried products with DMAE (JB sample pack). Which I found nice, but I'm really curious about Matrixyl and would like to give it a try.

Any suggestions???

Thanks everyone! Smile

Hi, RESTORE from Cellbone has 10% Argireline, 10% Matrixyl3000, 10% copper Peptide, HA and Collagen. If you are using 5% of Hyaluronic Acid, 5% pure HA(99%) is solid gel like jelly you make. It is even harder than jelly. There are many different potency of HA available in the market. It also depends on the molecular weight as well. Lower the molecular weight, the higher solubility.
Even ISOMER claim 100% HA with no water. This means they may purchased the HA solution. Solution always comes with water. The actual powder is spray dried from the solution.

You can find a free offer of Moist'Seal Tightening Serum (30 day supply)from Cellbone. If you ask for ERASE sample (14 day supply), they might give it to you without charge. Moist'Seal with ERASE ( it also included Argireline, Matrixyl3000, copper Peptide, DAME) works well too. If you are looking for firming, RESTORE with ERASE can get the best result. I heard that this works better than AlphaDerma, and no side effect and moisturing all day.
Try it. Be amazed!

MAtrixyl3000 works better than Matrixyl. The Matrixyl3000 is latest.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
I'd like to find a Matrixyl 3000 product without Argireline. Does anyone know of one. I think I am allergic to the Argireline and I do not want to relax my whole face (I'd rather firm it with DMAE). I always thought that Argireline was less dangerous for skin sagging than Botox but I read a recent blurb that claimed the contrary because while Botox is targeted in narrow muscle spots Argireline is slathered all over someone's face.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Sharkey
the personal formulator sells the matrixyl3000 and you could add it to a base cream or HA

Liz Cool

5% products discount

Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
Jenlex wrote:

Any suggestions???

Thanks everyone! Smile
Hi. I guess Revitol has all those actives, although it's pretty expensive. My anti aging lotion has the same actives in the same percentage plus 10% Dmae and vitamins A and E liposomes. I had a formulator do it for me. I've been using this lotion for 20 days and I can already see a difference in skin texture, firmness and in the appearance of the lines under my eyes; they're much less visible. I think I have a good combo of actives in my lotion. Good Luck! Laughing

Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:09 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
Hi Sharkey
the personal formulator sells the matrixyl3000 and you could add it to a base cream or HA

Liz Cool

Hi, Try it with Cellbone's Moist'Seal. It is a better base than just using HA.
Their Moist'Seal has HA, Collagen, GABA, and 10% Copper Peptide. The Moist'Seal doesn't have no water. They also sell Matrixyl Peptide complex (Matrixyl3000, Palmityl Pentapeptide<Matrixyl>, Ceramide)
Can you compare the Moist'Seal and your HA?
It would be very interesting to kow which base might be better.
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
Just remember if you are using a C serum, the copper peptide in this "moistseal" will degrade your C so don't use them together.

Plain HA won't affect the C at all, though.
Mabsy

Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:23 am      Reply with quote
beautify wrote:
If you are looking for firming, RESTORE with ERASE can get the best result. I heard that this works better than AlphaDerma, and no side effect and moisturing all day.
Try it. Be amazed!

"Try it. Be amazed!"? Out of curiosity, do you use any other products at all?...

Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:41 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
beautify wrote:
If you are looking for firming, RESTORE with ERASE can get the best result. I heard that this works better than AlphaDerma, and no side effect and moisturing all day.
Try it. Be amazed!

"Try it. Be amazed!"? Out of curiosity, do you use any other products at all?...

I used Alphaderma before. Alphaderma didn't work for me as they said. For the firmness goes, firming doesn't stay after washing the face but cellbone products still feels the firming effect.
Debra
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:23 am      Reply with quote
beautify wrote:
Quote:
I used Alphaderma before. Alphaderma didn't work for me as they said. For the firmness goes, firming doesn't stay after washing the face but cellbone products still feels the firming effect.

interesting....
How long did you use AlphaDerma? And, to clarify, you felt "firmness" from AlphaDerma, but not after washing your face?

Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |