Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Products with Matrixyl, Argireline and Hyaluronic Acid???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
Beautify wrote that she had "heard" this cellbone stuff worked better than Alphaderma up above. But now she says that she used Alphaderma and the "firmness" washed away.

Huh?
ajax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
You know I like the cellbone stuff but nothing beats the alphderma/okusil(IMO). Except Betterat40, I tried a sample of the CSRX Relax-a-line and that did a nice job too~

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:08 am      Reply with quote
I'm not sure if this has been addressed in another thread or not, but if peptides are affected by acidic environments, then does HA cause the pH to change enough to have any denaturing effects?
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:22 am      Reply with quote
betterat40 wrote:
Beautify wrote that she had "heard" this cellbone stuff worked better than Alphaderma up above. But now she says that she used Alphaderma and the "firmness" washed away.

Huh?

I don't understand "firmness washing away" either. hmm

When I first started using AlphaDerma CE 14 months ago I noted a nice firming upon application. Granted, you face is not going to firm up and stay that way unless you are consistant with a product. With continued use of AlphaDerma my face and neck are firm even after washing my face. Perhaps AlpaDermaCE is not for everyone but it been truely amazing for my skin.

I did get the free offer from Cellbone (very generous). For one week I gave up my AlphaDermaCE and used the Moist and Seal and a few other sample sizes they sent me. The consistency of Cellbone is very nice. However, after one week I noted my skin did not look or feel its best. Because of Copper Peptides in Cellbone I gave up my C&C in the AM. C Serum is a must in my routine. For me Cellbone doesn't come close to AlphaDermaCE. I have introduced some PSF line into my routine: Pumpkin Peel, Suncreen, Eye cream, toner and balancing lotion. PSF compliments my JB product nicely. Very Happy
Debra
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:22 am      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
Quote:
For me Cellbone doesn't come close to AlphaDermaCE. I have introduced some PSF line into my routine: Pumpkin Peel, Suncreen, Eye cream, toner and balancing lotion. PSF compliments my JB product nicely.

Me too. I've just started using JB prep, Okusil, and Alphaderma and will be ordering full size PSF Sincare products, Pumpkin Peel and the Hydrating Eye Treatment to use with the JB.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
I can't even imagine what my skin would look like if I had to quit using my C+ firming serum. First, from the crying, Smile, then from the lack of protection from the free radicals. Why, oh, why doesn't the industry push C and sunscreen from the very earliest ages....
havana8

Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
reposting for StRicky1013

StRicky1013 wrote:
First off, with anything like this, I would recommend talking to a dermatologist or an Estitician, and I wish you luck in your quest in looking for and finding a product that's exacty or similar to what you would like in an anti-aging skin care serum or mooisturizer !!!

The manufacturers of Matrixyl, (Sederma), recommend a usage rate of 3% to 8% in a facial skin care serum or moisturizer for it to be effective, and warn that concentrations significantly above their recommended usage rates will provide no additional benefit to the skin and may in fact be problematic and could possibly damage the skin. More does not mean better.

ALSO, I've been reading A LOT in recent months regarding the ingredient DMAE and if it really does help to " Lift and Firm " the skin and from what I've read, all the hype regarding DMAE is very overractive. I copied and pasted this from a website called " Smart Skin care(Smartskincare.com ) ...

Quote:
Interestingly, DMAE is far better known and researched as a "smart drug" than a skin firming agent. In a number of studies, DMAE has been shown to reduce age-related decline in cognitive ability and memory. It was also found to modestly increase life span of laboratory animals. An intriguing finding in some DMAE studies was that it reduced the accumulation of lipofuscin deposits inside cells. Lipofuscin is a cellular pigment consisting of aggregated chunks of molecular waste. It tends to occur in the cells of older people. It is likely that lipofuscin is not simply a byproduct of aging but also contributes to the aging process. Neurons, heart and skin of older people usually contain particularly large amounts of lipofiscin.

The DMAE-skin connection is less researched. It has been demonstrated that DMAE causes some degree of skin tightening. However, despite speculation it remains unclear how DMAE firms the skin -- whether by stabilizing the membranes, boosting acetylcholine, reducing lipofuscin deposits or none of the above. Whatever the mechanism, the effect of DMAE is often noticeable although seldom dramatic. Besides, even though DMAE can't fully reverse the existing facial sag, it may reduce its further progression. Some people report a cumulative effect with continued use of DMAE.

It's kind of similar when a product says it has Collagen in it and many people think/ believe that collagen in a moisturizer will help produce more collagen in our skin and the fine lines and wrinkles will start to go away, when in reality, the ONLY thing good about collagen in a moisturizer is that it is an emollient, it helps retain moisture into the skin, in other words, collagen in a skin care serum or moisturizer is just another moisturizing ingredient. Collagen molecules are too large to be absorbed into the skin and even if they did, it does not mean that the collagen in a moisturizer will be " additional collagen in our skin, ONLY our body' s can produce the specific types of collagen our skin looses as we age and using skin care products with peptides ( Matrixyl ) and neuropeptides ( Argireline ), and also Vitamin C and Retinol help "trick " the body into producing more collagen. We can't " topically add " collagen into our bodies through a skin care serum or moisturizer and think we are adding the same kind of collagen our bodys produce. The collagen used in skin care products is extracted from marine or bovine sources, added to cosmetic formulas, and marketed as the answer to reversing the" aging " process.

That's about it. I hope this was of some kind of help for you and for anyone else.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS !!!

Ricky
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |