Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Topical treatment for rosacea
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
I have a prescription for Metronidazole,topical cream (generic for Metrocream) Its 120 a tube! Has anyone found this to be effective? The first couple of days its made my face kinda red and flaky!
sar9876
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
For me it didn't - kind of like you I couldn't really tell if it was working.

Make sure to eliminate anything irritating in face wash or lotion. Chemical sunscreen can make rosacea worse...

For me I had to figure out how to change my diet...

sugar and processed carbs and dairy out helped a ton.

Sorry for all the random tips.. just trying to throw something out there in case it helps!
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
Thx, once it gets started I can stay red for a couple weeks, its just awful and then everyone say "whats wrong with your face!?" Ugh!!!The pharmacist said to give it a month and if I felt it made me red or flaky to put moisturizer over it; which I did but I waited an hour for the cream to soak in....maybe I will cut dairy but Jeez THAT is tough!It seems like the sun can irritate the condition, also if I dont take really good care of my skin it will turn red...
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:00 am      Reply with quote
It didn't work for me either. The only thing is IPL's and I just have not had the down time lately,

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:56 am      Reply with quote
I think I have a light machine I will need to check it out. The dr did say you HAVE to give the meds a chance to work; at least a month!
sar9876
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:53 am      Reply with quote
I know - it's so hard to control

For me, the only real success I had was major diet changes. Also, not getting to 'red'/hot during exercise.

I basically followed an anti-inflammatory diet to the extreme - no wheat, no dairy, no sugar.. it helped so much. Hard but for me I was motivated.

Also- green smoothies helped a lot, prob bc they're so anti-inflammatory. Or lots of salads/raw veggies . There are tons of anti-inflammatory chemicals in the green ones and they lack sugar so it's ideal.

People say green tea/aspirin -topical helps.

You could try icing (with a cloth between ice pack and skin) a few times a day to reduce inflammation and constrict blood vessels.

Definitely no sun- walk in the shade. Umbrella at the beach if you must go. Find a physical sunscreen bc its milder and totally protects. Neutrogena sensitive skin is the best cheap one i've found.

Epicuren is the most 'invisible' one for the face. Kind of pricey, but worth it for situations where I want to look 'normal'.

BTW-if yours is really bad, consider getting getting an autoimmune workup. Even just an ANA test. For me it ended up being a symptom of something bigger and the medicine I take controls it now. But the diet/sleep/no sun controlled it at least %50

Mine is pretty much gone now - you will get there!
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
Ive never heard of the autoimmune workup, what medication are you on???OMG no wheat or dairy?That is sooo hard to do.And sometimes I have to work outside which I hate. Sometimes it will completely go away....then for no reason comes back out of the blue! And takes a couple weeks to get rid of.The topical the dr prescribed,metronidazole my skin reacted to it like retin A!It got flaky!So the pharmacist said to put lotion over it. I have noticed pure emu oil will calm it down sometimes but that gives you a greasy shiny face;I can only use it at night. Which green smoothie recipe do you use? I bought "the Nutribullet" I geuss I should use!Do you put the green tea on your face?There was a product by Donnell I bought years ago with Vitamin K that was supposed to attack redness, cant remember the name of it. I just want a face without redness!!! Brick wall
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
Ive never heard of the autoimmune workup, what medication are you on???OMG no wheat or dairy?That is sooo hard to do.And sometimes I have to work outside which I hate. Sometimes it will completely go away....then for no reason comes back out of the blue! And takes a couple weeks to get rid of.The topical the dr prescribed,metronidazole my skin reacted to it like retin A!It got flaky!So the pharmacist said to put lotion over it. I have noticed pure emu oil will calm it down sometimes but that gives you a greasy shiny face;I can only use it at night. Which green smoothie recipe do you use? I bought "the Nutribullet" I geuss I should use!Do you put the green tea on your face?There was a product by Donnell I bought years ago with Vitamin K that was supposed to attack redness, cant remember the name of it. I just want a face without redness!!! Brick wall
sar9876
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
It depends on how bad it is..but some people with severe problem have underlying inflammation from medical conditions. You'd have to talk to your doctor. You could take a mild immune system modulator if necessary.

i never got lesions but my skin would swell a bit and burn and turn bright red. My eyes hurt,etc., so it was worth it to change my diet. It's not hard once you get use to it, but I never would have thought I could..so I get it.

Anyway for smoothies I do kale /greens and then whatever fruit I want- berries, mango etc.

The green tea- google the recipe. I never tried it.

Keep trying things- you will get there. But really, watch sugar, simple carbs, dairy, sleep and alcohol.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:53 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |