Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

looking for sunscreens that work well
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
annspan

Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:58 am      Reply with quote
which sunscreens work well and are safe ?
Judy Chen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:24 am      Reply with quote
According to my experience, I do fine some sunscreens that do work well such as iS Clinical Eclipse spf50 and Obagi Sun Shield spf50. Both work well,and they are light. But, as for being safe, I am wondering how we can tell we do not inhale or absorb the toxins while we use them. Anyone knows?
Lisiana
5% products discount

Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:26 am      Reply with quote
I start my day with my most complete daily protection suncreen Dermaxsol with SPF30.I agree with Judy Chen that, we can not Imagine the toxin absorb while we use them. Rolling Eyes
Lightshox
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:55 am      Reply with quote
I use Burnout Face & Body SPF 30.

It's the only sunscreen I've found that is mineral, lovely to apply (non-drying), and easy to wash off.

LOVE IT.
LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
I have yet to try Burnout. There are so many in the Burnout range.

I try to use spf's with the newer filters which are minimally absorbed by the skin- Skinceuticals Ultra Protect spf 50 is one (mexoryl, tinosorb s, and octoxinate). Ducray is another good brand using Tinosorb s/m no avobenzone.

Curent Regime: Cosmetic Skin Solutions CE Ferulic and Phloretin/ Revale Intensive Serum / NIA 24 Intensive Recovery Complex cream / Jojoba and Squalane oils / Avene Emulsion SPF 50 & Prevage City Smart SPF 50 / Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0/ Dermaroller / Facial exercises
SharonElizabeth

Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
I am very sensitive to the sunlight and burn extremely easily. I have tried SPF100+ and still burn when I don't reapply correctly. I am looking for a high SPF organic product instead of ones that have toxins in them. Have you guys tried any that worked?

Thank You!
EsthyJess954
5% products discount

Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
The new Avene sunscreens are formulated with micro particles or Oxybenzone or Oxtinoxate. I use the Avene SPF 50 chemical one it really nice. Very good protection.
naia2006
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:35 pm      Reply with quote
I love EltaMD 46. I have never once repurchased a sunblock, this is terrific. I have melasma so I have to be diligent about sunblock.
ZiaSarina
5% products discount

Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
My Skin is pretty sensitive. I live in San Francisco and I admit it is not too hot here! I use Paula's Choice and it seems to work pretty well!
ilovebritney
5% products discount

Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:49 pm      Reply with quote
La Roche Posay Anthelios SX cause it has a PPD of 15 but I'm hoping there's something else out there that's better now... with a PPD of at least 15 and cosmetically elegant
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
EltaMD physical tinted SPF 41.

http://eltamd.com/product/uv-physicalbroad-spectrum-spf-41/

You can apply Paula's Choice Barely There tinted moisturizer on top for additional protection.

Both contain only Zinc Oxide.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
EltaMD physical tinted SPF 41.

http://eltamd.com/product/uv-physicalbroad-spectrum-spf-41/

You can apply Paula's Choice Barely There tinted moisturizer on top for additional protection.

Both contain only Zinc Oxide.

The Paula's Choice tinted moisturizer has both zinc oxide and titanium dioxide. According the ingredient list on the site - 5% each.

http://www.paulaschoice.com/shop/makeup/face/_/Barely-There-Sheer-Matte-Tint-SPF-30/

I got samples first. Great colour match and finish.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:16 am      Reply with quote
HR's and Lancome's sunscreens are nice
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
Bioderma Photoderm Laser/Spot spf 50 has kept my skin from getting any color all summer. In fact my skin tone has lightened from light/medium to light, in spite of summer while using it.
http://www.bioderma.com/en/our-products/photoderm/spot-spf-50

5% products discount

Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
I will have to try some of these choices. I burn easily and nothing seems to really work.
Lightshox
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:31 am      Reply with quote
Up until two weeks ago I was using Elta MD.

On a whim I purchased Eucerin's face spf 30 and am very satisfied. It doesn't leave a white cast on me and it is silky, not heavy, and moisturizing. For the price and effect I love it.
lucretia_zen
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:29 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
which sunscreens work well and are safe ?

I also am very sensitive and had not previously found any sunscreen that did not break me out. I have recently found Topix Replenix Antioxidant Sunscreen Moisturizer SPF 50+ to work for me. I am really happy with it as I find not only can I wear it without it causing my skin all sorts of problems, I can wear it under my makeup which is something I have previously been unable to do due to the weird texture of sunscreens. I have found I can be in the sun for an hour or so and not burn on my face with this product on. I cannot say after that as I don't currently spend more time than than out in the sun as I find it can make me a bit ill (possible sun allergy?)

Female, 37, brunette, Fair/medium Skin. European background. Combination skin, that becomes sensitive & reactive when emotionaly & physically stressed & also reacts terribly to heat and wind. Plant your own garden, decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to send you flowers. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |